How to Care for Hair at Home?
No matter how strong and beautiful your hair is, you need to care and pay attention to the hair care regimen to maintain their luster and strength. Initially, hair loss was considered as a part of aging, but nowadays with the growing stress and hectic schedule, everyone is facing this problem. Let us look at some of the most effective ways to care for hair at home.
How to Care for Hair at Home?
If your hair are thin, dry, dull and damaged taking care becomes really very important. There are various causes of hair loss ranging from diet, hormonal imbalance, stress to the kind of dietary intake. There are various hair care tips which can help you maintain the luster and shine of hair and keep them strong and healthy.
Here are some of the best hair care tips at home.
- Onion Juice: Onion juice is a known effective remedy for hair and using it is one of the hair care tips at home. It contains sulfur that boosts collagen production in tissues and helps in hair regrowth. The strong odor of onion keeps people away from it, but it goes away in one wash. Cut few slices of onion and squeeze out the juice and apply it on your scalp for 10-15 minutes and rinse off with a mild shampoo.
- Egg Mask: Egg contains a high level of protein which is helpful for hair growth. It is also a good source of sulfur, iron, zinc, selenium, and iodine. Your hair care tips at home are incomplete without the mention of hair egg mask. Separate egg white in a bowl and add one teaspoon olive oil or lavender oils or grapeseed oil. Make a paste and apply it on hair and scalp and keep it for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water and shampoo.
- Fenugreek: It is an ancient remedy for hair growth. Fenugreek contains protein and nicotinic acid which encourage the stimulation of hair growth. Add one tablespoon of fenugreek and water and make a smooth paste. Mix some amount of coconut oil or milk to it. Apply it on hair and scalp and keep it for 30 minutes. Wash it off with a mild shampoo. This remedy not only helps hair grow faster but also protects the color of the hair.
- Banana Mask: Being a good source of potassium, banana can do wonders for hair. It makes hair healthy and also improves the elasticity. Banana mask is one of the simplest yet effective hair care tips at home. Just mash the banana with a fork or put in a blender to blend it into a paste. Add one tablespoon of milk to make a smooth and light paste. Apply it on hair and wash it off after 20 minutes with the regular shampoo.
- Curd: Curd is a natural conditioner and its application makes hair healthy, smooth and shiny. Combined it with aloe vera and lemon to get a perfect solution for dull and damaged hair. Combine all these three ingredients and apply the mask on hair and keep it on for 20 minutes and wash it off thereafter.
Above are the few easy remedies present at home for maintaining good hair.
Tips for Hair Care at Home
Few more hair care tips at home which if followed can enhance the effect given by these easy home remedies.
- Avoid Heat Application: Heat strips away moisture from hair leaving them dry and frizzy. It can even burn the hair. Use irons, straighteners, and curling rods only when truly necessary, and do not forget to apply, a heat protection before.
- Tight Hair Ties: Avoid tight hair ties as they can lead to breakage due to traction. Tight hair ties tend to pull the hair really tight, which cause them to fall away.
- Cold Water For Hair Wash: Hot water damages hair the same way heat application does. Washing hair with normal water that is at room temperature is best. This indeed is one of the important hair care tips at home to protect hair and prevent damage.
- Healthy Eating: To maintain the growth and strength hair needs all the necessary vitamins, which can be attained by eating a healthy diet. A good diet is necessary for good health along with strong hair. It helps in building up the confidence to stay healthy and smart.
- Oiling The Scalp Frequently: Oiling scalp is good for hair. Massaging oil all over the scalp helps in improving circulation and nourishing it. Use a gentle shampoo to get rid of the oil.
These are some of the best hair care tips at home and can be easily practiced to get strong and shiny hair.
- Hair Transplantation: Recovery, Prognosis, Side Effects, Cost, Maintenance
- Inversion Therapy For Hair Growth: Can Hanging Upside Down Grow Hair?
- Causes of Hair Loss in Males, Females, Children
- What Causes Ingrown Hair and How to Get Rid of it?
- Scalp Conditions that Cause Hair Loss & its Treatment
- Can Minoxidil Regrow Hair?
- What Causes Hair Thinning & How to Stop it?