Massaging your stomach is an ancient remedy used to treat issues pertaining to the abdominal area. Massages have been a great gift by our forefathers, in the form of ayurveda. Therefore, there is always a remedy for external or internal ailments. While many therapists tend to ignore the stomach area, it is one of the most vital points of focus. Stomach massage not only helps relieve stress but also treats oxygen circulation via blood in necessary areas and other bodily fluids to flow, ensuring the body secretes enough enzymes for clearing bowels and friction between joints and bones.
Why Should You Ensure Your Stomach Gets A Massage Once Every Week?
The human abdominal area, focusing primarily on the stomach, is a giant human burner that churns all the food and segregates it into essential nutrients - fats and waste. A regular movement or pressure applied on the abdominal area or the stomach gives the internal organs a push to function correctly and prevents health issues. A healthy stomach is the sign of healthy lifestyle, and massaging your stomach forms an integral part of it. From accelerating bowel motion to helping avoid spasms in abdominal muscles, stomach massages are a great way to stay healthy and fit. In fact, it also helps in reducing fat percentage from your love handles or under the belly skin, which hoards on the intestine and pelvic area.
The abdominal area is an important part of your body. Apart from performing regular stomach crunches and cardio to curb belly fat, massaging the stomach once a week will ensure that your body remains healthy.
Benefits of Stomach Massage for Constipation, Gas & Weight Loss
How a Stomach Massage Can Be Beneficial in Preventing Constipation?
Normally, abdominal massages or massage to the stomach area involves circular motions performed clockwise to improve blood circulation in the body. This blood flow in return does help improve digestion and preventing constipation. Stimulating the digestive system with gentle pressure is how stomach massages treat constipation. Not only does it loosen the muscles, but it also softens the intestines and enzymes and body fluids to soften the waste to ensure healthy bowel movement. Stomach massage is always effective when done with virgin olive oil as it keeps the body warm and aids the skin, burning out fat and balancing cholesterol levels – among the main reasons for acute constipation issues among individuals in their 40s.
Benefits of Stomach Massages in Relieving Gas and Bloated Feeling
Stomach bloating is a basic sign of gas formation in the abdominal area. While it does cause uneasiness, there are chances you may just be a victim of gastritis, which can lead to constipation and indigestion. While improper digestion and over-eating are the root causes of bloating, a weekly stomach massage can treat bloating. It will relieve excess gas that has accumulated in the body.
Benefits of Stomach Massages in Burning Fat and Helping with Weight Loss
Stomach massages in general work wonders for most stomach ailments and helps in ensuring good health overall. However, it also helps burn excess body fat which in turn aids in shedding the extra weight. While circular motions and pressure on the stomach accelerates your metabolism and improves digestion, it clears the bowels with beneficial weight and fat loss results. A number of health experts have also recognized the weight loss benefits of stomach massages.
Other Benefits of Stomach Massage:
Stomach Massages Help in Improving Your Irregular Menstrual Pain
Abdominal massages or stomach massages can be a great source of relief to women during their monthly menstrual cycle. All you need to do is apply some warm clove or cinnamon oil on your stomach and gently press the stomach muscles in circular motions, moving downwards. Stroke the lower area of the stomach as you finish with one circular motion as that tends to loosen up the knots or the hardened muscles which cause cramps and intense pains during periods. You can always hold a hot water bag after the massage to keep the area warm till you attain relief.
Stress Relief Benefits of Stomach Massage
A happy stomach ensures happy mind and soul. Massaging your stomach or the abdominal area in times of stress relieves your body of the excess emotional or physical baggage, giving you peace and relieving your muscles off the stress. Not only does it have a calming effect on your mind, it also ensures better blood circulation.
How Stomach Massages Help You Reboot Your Internal Organs?
Has it occurred to you that apart from medicines and a good diet, there are external exercises that ensure healthy internal organs? Apart from yoga, a good way to maintain healthy internal organs would be to get a 20-minute stomach massage with warm sesame or olive oil. The pressure and circular motion of the massage directs the blood flow. This ensures that vital organs like your kidneys and liver function properly.
How to Massaging Your Stomach to Get its Benefits?
While a therapist or a certified masseur is the best bet when it comes to stomach massages, there are certain home remedies that can be used for the massage if you are ever on a budget.
- For a good stomach massage, make a home lotion comprising coconut, clove, cinnamon or olive oil. However, ensure the oil is lukewarm as it has a better effect on the body.
- Start from the lower right hand side of your stomach in slow circular motions, while applying gentle pressure before moving the hands to the stomach.
- Avoid putting direct pressure on your stomach or the abdomen as that may just disrupt blood circulation. Keep moving from right to left and back but only in gentle circular small motions.
- Pour some lukewarm oil on the belly button and slowly massage it by moving your finger tips around it with slight strokes.
- You can always cover your stomach after the massage with a hot towel or a hot water bag to keep your body temperature warm.
- Avoid lying down on your stomach or indulging in any high intensity workout as that may just disrupt the calm flow of the blood in the abdominal area.
- Yoga for Constipation
- Can Constipation Cause Back Pain?
- What is Chronic Idiopathic Constipation and How is it Treated?
- Can Eating Too Much Fiber Make You Constipated?
- Pediatric Constipation: Facts, Causes, Diagnosis
- Pediatric Constipation: Treatment, Home Remedies, Signs, Symptoms, Risk Factors
- Pediatric Constipation: Recovery, Prevention, Prognosis, Toilet Training, Lifestyle Changes
- 35 Simple Home Remedies for Frequent Constipation & Tips to Avoid Constipation