11 Supplements For Fibromyalgia
Taking supplements is the need of time and you need to go for natural supplements so there are lesser side effects. Vitamin supplements are necessary in case of Fibromyalgia; and in present times, more importance is given to natural products, which have the least side effects. Main benefit of taking supplements for Fibromyalgia is that, your muscle pain is eased and you will feel less stiffness in body.
You can check out the following natural supplements for Fibromyalgia, which help in easing out the difficulty experienced in Fibromyalgia:
- Sunlight as a Natural Supplement for Fibromyalgia: If we turn back to ancient times, it is the sunlight which is considered to be a cure for multiple diseases. Our ancestors followed a healthy lifestyle and were less ill as compared to gen X of today. Vitamin D, also known as sunshine vitamin, is very effective in treating your body pain of Fibromyalgia, as it is good for bones and overall health. Oral vitamin D tablets can be taken for duration of 20 weeks to shun off full body pain.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids as a Supplement for Fibromyalgia: Omega-3 fatty acids are perfect for your skin and bones and keep you glowing as well. The anti-inflammatory properties of fish oil (Omega 3 fatty acids) will strengthen your body from and boost your immunity as well; thereby making you stronger and keeping you fit and fine along with improving your overall health as well.
- Magnesium as a Supplement for Fibromyalgia: Magnesium helps in making your body and organs stronger and significantly reduces weakness and back pain inflicted from Fibromyalgia. If you are suffering from muscle spasms, then magnesium helps in reducing them and enables you to be physically fit and fine. As Fibromyalgia accompanies lots of body ache, you are probably suffering from acute deficiency of magnesium. You may find this mineral from green leafy vegetables, sunflower seeds and pumpkin. As per the medical standards, women need to take at least 300 grams of magnesium per day to cut down on the symptoms of body ache and stiffness inflicted from Fibromyalgia. You should also include yogurt and almonds in your diet on a regular basis, which can miraculously enhance the level of magnesium in your body and can make you heal faster from the effects of Fibromyalgia.
- Sufficient Sleep as a Supplement for Fibromyalgia: Sleep needs to be good and proper in case of Fibromyalgia; however, deficiency of melatonin can make you sleep deprived which exacerbates the symptoms of Fibromyalgia. Therefore, include walnuts and mustard seeds in your diet. You can also try tomato, banana, ginger and rice in your diet to aid sleep on a regular basis.
- Serotonin as a Supplement for Fibromyalgia: Increasing the levels of serotonin is also very important for managing Fibromyalgia and this can be ensured by eating foods that are rich in tryptophan like nuts, chicken, dairy products and sesame seeds.
- Exercise as a Supplement for Fibromyalgia: Taking up the physical exercise including yoga can significantly reduce the pain of Fibromyalgia without any side effects. Such practices of mindfulness can prolong your life and will make you have good sleep, which is very important in Fibromyalgia.
- Coenzyme Q 10 as a Supplement for Fibromyalgia: Coenzyme Q 10 also helps in mitigating the effects of Fibromyalgia to a very large scale. When cellular function is not going well in your body, especially in fibromyalgia, then seek supplements like Coenzyme Q 10. Cells should be active so that food can be broken down which helps in strengthening the body. When you have a strong response to the symptoms of any disease like fibromyalgia, leading a normal life is easier. However, in contrast, mitochondria don’t work well in case of Fibromyalgia, as there is a shortage of coenzymes in the body. If external supplements of Coenzyme Q 10 is given to the body, breaking down of food is easier. In fibromyalgia, patient suffers from a deficiency of this enzyme. Level of CoQ10 is much lower than the normal, which leads to severe complications in Fibromyalgia rendering it virtually impossible to lead a normal active life. When CoQ10 goes down, it leads to fatigue; thereby, contributing in worsening of Fibromyalgia.
- Malic Acid as a Supplement for Fibromyalgia: Malic acid is an excellent supplement, which also helps in treating the symptoms of fibromyalgia. Malic acid is found in fruits like apple and it has the quality to provide relief from pain of Fibromyalgia. Patients feel more energetic after malic acid intake, which also aids in better food digestion.
- Vitamin E, A and C as a Supplement for Fibromyalgia: Vitamin E, A and C are also very beneficial in preventing worsening of Fibromyalgia. When a person is suffering from fibromyalgia, the level of free radicals increases which leads to lower immunity and inflammation. To cut down on these problems, regular intake of these vitamins is a must. These vitamins can be found in various foods and fruits and can also be purchased from the medicine store and are a must have supplement for a patient suffering from Fibromyalgia.
- Calcium as a Supplement for Fibromyalgia: Taking calcium also helps a lot in treating this disease. This supplement will help in making the body stronger thereby contributing in mitigating the effects of pain and fatigue in the body caused by Fibromyalgia. One has to keep in mind that there is a linkage between magnesium and calcium and both should be taken in 1:1 ratio. When this ratio is disturbed, calcium gets deposited outside the bones, like in joints and kidney, thereby leading to major problems.
- 5-HTP as a Supplement for Fibromyalgia: 5-HTP is a useful supplement in Fibromyalgia, as it improves the symptoms that are linked with anxiety and depression. HTP has a profound effect on the brain chemicals, which leads to better tranquility. In fibromyalgia, the focus is more upon the symptoms, as the symptoms make it tough for the patient to carry on with the normal work. When intake of 5-HTP is adequate, it leads to boosting of serotonin that eventually makes it easier for the patients of fibromyalgia to deal with their condition.
Fibromyalgia can be very severe to deal with, but with the help of supplements, the symptoms of Fibromyalgia can be controlled to a large extent and in an effective manner.
- FAQ on Fibromyalgia: Symptoms, 11 Painful Trigger Points, Causes, Risk Factors
- Is Fibromyalgia Pain Real?|Are Opioids an Effective Treatment for Fibromyalgia
- Fibromyalgia (FM or FMS): Epidemiology, Pathophysiology, Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Prognosis, Treatment, Tests
- Can a Right Diet Help With Fibromyalgia
- Yoga for Fibromyalgia: 4 Best Asanas To Relieve Painful Tender Points
- 10 Best Exercises for Fibromyalgia
- Fitness Management in Fibromyalgia: Types of Exercise and Fitness Tips For Fibromyalgia