Maintaining a healthy stomach is important, as it is the immune system’s first line of defence. Disorder in stomach function can have ripple effects all through the body. Gastric discomfort can lead to gastritis, heartburn and even ulcers.
What is PepZin GI?
PepZin GI is a medicine or a supplement, which supports the gastric function.
Composition of PepZin GI
PepZin GI is a complex of zinc and L-Carnosine. PepZin GI is Non-GMO, gluten free, soy free and a vegan product. Zinc performs various functions in the body, such as healing of wounds, growth, metabolism of cells and maintenance of carbohydrates and lipid metabolism. Combined with L-Carnosine, zinc breaks down slowly. This prolongs its stay in the stomach and allows it to perform the healing effect for a longer period of time.
L-Carnosine is a dipeptide, which is composed of L-histidine and beta-alanine is also present in muscles and nerve cells naturally. It is known to have anti-oxidant properties.
What is PepZin GI Used For?
PepZin GI helps relieve gastric discomfort and promotes healthy stomach lining and environment. Patients consuming PepZin GI showed significant relief in heartburn, diarrhea, abdominal tenderness and constipation. Few studies show the effect of PepZin GI, on certain strains of harmful bacteria such as H. Pylori and that PepZin GI maintains a healthy GI environment.
Functions or Benefits of PepZin GI and Why It Is Used
Functions performed by PepZin GI are:
- PepZin GI supports the integrity of stomach cells.
- PepZin GI promotes secretions of healthy mucus from the stomach cells.
- Helps maintains a healthy balance of bacteria in the GI tract.
- Relieves gastric discomfort.
- PepZin GI prevents free radical damage to the gastric cells.
- This medicine accelerates the healing of gastric ulcers.
- PepZin GI enhances the stomach’s mucosal defence.
- PepZin GI prevents the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug-induced gut permeability.
Can Anyone Take PepZin GI?
It is always suggested to consult a healthcare physician before starting any medication including PepZin GI, to check on the medical condition, if present.
What are the Precautions to be Taken with PepZin GI?
PepZin GI should be avoided during pregnancy, nursing, and also when taking certain prescription drugs. Also one should increase copper intake, as zinc in it inhibits copper absorption.