Winter is round the corner. With the exotic climatic change, there comes a change not only in your mood but also in your skin and body. The winter season get some irritating yet common issues in human face; one of the major being the chapped lips. Now, those who are more prone towards this issue must be pretty worried about how to protect or treat their dry and chapped lips with the early onset of winter. So if you are one of those sufferers of cracked or chapped lips and want to know about some natural ways to treat or prevent your lips during winter; then all you can do is go through the current article which holds some special winter lip care tips and natural home remedies for chapped lips.
Causes Of Chapped Lips:
"Winter is not the only danger!" Now, it is not that only cold climate encounters you with chapped lips. There are various other reasons which lead to dry and chapped lips. Let us study all such crucial causes of chapped or cracked lips which create a dark mark on your beautifully soft and pink lips. Check these causes below.
- Extreme cold as well as extreme hot weather.
- Some women have a habit of biting their lips very often. This can lead to bleeding and cracked or chapped lips.
- Aging encounters you with chapped lips.
- Use of excessive lipsticks can also cause chapped lips. The chemicals present in lipsticks are highly dangerous for the lip. So either with the overuse of lipstick or by using cheap and low quality lipstick might lead to chapped lips.
- Dehydration is one of the major causes of chapped lips.
- Using lip balms containing any kind of alcohol can lead to lip skin irritation and cracked lips.
- Sometimes touching your lips with fingers can cause certain types of infection in your lips (caused by the bacteria on your hands). These infections may aggravate chapped lips.
- Apart from all these causes, LICKING OF LIPS is the worst habit that causes chapped lips.
Common precautions to avoid chapped lips: Points to note down for better lip care
Preventive Measures For Chapped Lips:
There are some of the special ways you can prevent yourself from chapped lips. Check out some of the common preventive measures for chapped lips.
- "If it is hurting you, it must be changed!" Quit the habit of chewing or licking your lips.
- Try to keep your lips moist and prevent from getting dried which might lead to chapped lips. For this, have a habit of using natural lip balm.
- Make sure you are not using more of lipstick or lip balm which contains alcohol or harmful chemicals that may cause cracked lips or make your lips more sensitive.
- Keep a note to remove your lipstick from your lips before sleeping(In case you have applied them)
- "Smoking kills!" We all know smoking is injurious to health. So, it must also be remembered that smoking practically spoils your lips. So quit smoking.
- Make sure you are taking enough of vitamin B in your diet. You can take fortified cereals, red meat, eggs, skimmed milk etc.
- Prevent your lips by preventing yourself from getting dehydrated. Take enough of water every day.
Choosing Right Lip Balm For Treating Chapped Lips During Winter:
All the preventive measures discussed above for chapped lips are to be followed on a strict basis even during the winter season. However it must also be kept in mind that the natural lip balms which are to be used during winter for moisturizing your lips, must contain all the special ingredients which are an added advantage for long lasting effect on better pink, soft and healthy lips. Check the following list to ensure your lip balm contains all of them in it.
- Aloe Vera: This is an effective agent for preventing lips from any kind of infection because of its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. This also aids in moisturizing and soothing of lips when applied.
- Jojoba Oil: Known as one of the best skin nourishing oils; Jojoba oil helps in softening and lubricating the lip when applied.
- Shea Butter: This ingredient containing allantonin helps in natural healing of lips. Shea butter also acts as a natural sun block and is one of the best ingredients to be present in a natural lip balm.
- Glycerin: One of the natural skin softener is Glycerin. This helps in soothing of lips when applied.
- Coconut Oil: This is another natural skin softener and moisturizer which helps in essentially protecting the lips during winter.
- Vitamin E, Vitamin A & D: Known as a strong antioxidant agent, Vitamin E helps in preventing your lips from getting dry or turning sensitive. Apart from this, Vitamin A and Vitamin D also aids in protecting your lips because of the fact that these vitamins are natural skin protector.
- Beeswax: Known as another natural skin softener due to its anti inflammatory and anti bacterial properties; Beeswax is also a great ingredient of lip balm for preventing chapped lips during winter.
Tip For Treating Chapped Lips At Home: Natural Home Remedies For Winter Lip Care!
Your lips started smiling from your home. It is natural they would look for some kind of treatment measures for your chapped lips, right from your home. So why not try out some natural home remedies and check out some natural tips to treat your chapped lips, especially during the winter? This current section is all about some home remedies to treat chapped lips.
- Honey Works Great For Lip Care:Honey as discussed above is one of the best natural care taker of your lips.
- Take a teaspoon of honey in one finger and apply it over your chapped lips while going to bed
- Let it stay overnight for better results.
- Lemon Juice For Lip Care:Lemon juice along with one teaspoon of cream or milk can act as a great home remedy for chapped lips.
- Mix 3-4 drops of lemon juice with one teaspoon of milk cream
- Keep this mixture in the refrigerator for at least one hour
- Next apply it on your lips for better results before bed, at least for a minimum of 3 days.
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) For Lip Care:Ghee is another natural home remedy for chapped lips.
- Applying few drops of ghee on your lips aids you in getting softer and smoother moist lips in no time.
- Keep a habit of applying ghee every night before sleep.
- Honey and Glycerin Using Tips For Caring For Lips:Honey along with glycerine acts as a natural care taker of your chapped lips.
- Take one teaspoon of honey and mix few drops of glycerine to it.
- Apply the mixture on your lips and keep it for a minimum of 15 minutes
- Now wash your lips with normal water
- Apply only glycerin to your lips and keep it overnight.
- Tips To Use Jojoba Oil As A Natural Home Remedy For Lip Care:Jojoba oil as mentioned earlier is one of the most essential home remedies for chapped lips. It helps in growing new skin cells in a quick time and thus can help you treat your cracked lips in a great manner.
- Take few drops of Jojoba oil and apply it over your lips, especially on the affected area of your lip.
- keep it for at least 15 minutes and check the best results of speedy recovery of your chapped lips.
- Cucumber For Lip Care: Cucumber can also be used as a natural home remedy for chapped lips.
- Peel one cucumber and crush it to get the cucumber juice out of it
- Apply the juice over your lips
- keep it for 20 minutes and then wash your lips.
- Use of Sugar Scrub For Treating Chapped Lips:Sugar scrub can be used as a wonderful home remedy for chapped lips and be easily done at your home kitchen.
- Take one teaspoon of sugar and add 3 drops of olive oil to it.
- Apply this scrub over your lips and keep it for 15 minutes.
- After scrubbing wash the lips with normal water.
- Use a natural lip balm and keep it overnight.
- Rose water and Glycerin Use for Chapped Lips:Rose water combined with glycerine is a wonderful home remedy for chapped lips you can try out this winter.
- Take a bowl and take one teaspoon of rose water in it.
- Add one teaspoon of glycerine into it.
- Apply this mixture over your lips and keep it for 15 minutes
- Then wash it with normal water and pat it to dry.
- Continue this every day and check out amazing results.
- Tips for Using Green Tea Bags for Chapped Lips:Green tea bags can be used as natural home remedy for chapped lips. This is considered as one of the oldest home remedies for chapped lips.
- Press one used green tea bag against your affected lips and keep it for at least 4-5 minutes
- Follow this every day and look the positive results in nice time.
So now that you are known to all these golden home remedies for chapped lips; why not try out these tips and natural treatment procedures to get your soft, soothing and luscious lips?
Enjoy the winter breezes and protect your lips for those wonderful smiles to welcome your days..!