Entering into 30's make you feel like it is a big change, and surely it is. Thirties mark the beginning of bodily changes while you slowly march towards aging. But you definitely do not want to look and feel aging so soon. So, if you are looking at something that can keep you fit and prolong the aging process, it is healthy diet and regular exercise. Know about diet and exercise plan for people in 30's, which you can follow and enjoy a healthy life.
Diet & Exercise Plan for People in 30's
People often begin to face many health problems as they enter into their thirties. This is mainly because the aging process begins and there is steady degeneration of muscle and connective tissues. From the age of 30 the aerobic capacity begins to decline. This slowly increases the risk of blood cholesterol, blood pressure and deposition of fats in the arteries. Also, many people are affected by the decreasing hormones, which can also affect your muscle mass. Your metabolism too is affected, which often leads to weight gain, which further invites many health problems. Hence, watching your diet, calorie intake and having a regular exercise plan is essential. Having a diet and exercise plan for a 30 years old man, can help protect your health and stay fit.
Food and drink you take every day are directly related to the intake of calories in whatever form it may be. Any amount of excess calories intake would be converted into fat through metabolic process if it is not oxidised through physical activities. This deposition of fat would cause functional disorders. Commonly at the age of 30, the scope and chance of normal physical activities are reduced because of the established life style. Hence, having a diet and exercise plan is the most effective way to maintain the required calorie intake for people in 30's. It helps to balance the calorie intake through foods and drinks and the calories burned through physical activities.
Diet Plan for People in 30's
To stay fit and healthy, diet plays an important role for people in 30's.
- For a normal healthy person just about 6-7 ounces of whole grains daily are enough at this age.
- Add 2 to 3 cups of fresh vegetables, 100 gms of fresh fruit and 3 cups of low-fat dairy product in your diet for people in 30's.
- Roughly, 400-600 calories can be taken from fats. But the source of it must be mostly from unsaturated fat such as nuts olive oil, seeds, fish etc. You can take only 90-120 calories maximum from the saturated source of fat like fatty red meat, full cream dairy product etc.
- Saturated fat accumulates risky visceral and/or abdominal fat. Saturated fat is found in fatty cuts of meat, full-fat dairy products and processed foods, so avoid those. Some examples of nutritious but low-calorie low-fat foods commonly available are rotisserie chicken and bagged lettuce for salads.
- Snack on fresh fruits, hummus and cut-up veggies or whole-wheat crackers; low-fat cheese and unsweetened Greek yogurt are ideal for people in 30s.
- People in 30's should continue to emphasize on foods rich in magnesium, calcium, folate and iron. You can find them in fresh fruits, veggies, green leafy vegetables and dry fruits. Nuts and seeds are a perfect fit for your diet and exercise plan for 30-year-old people.
- If you drink, limit alcohols, beer and even cold drinks. These drinks just add hundreds of calories and boost percentage of glucose in your blood stream that later on converts into fat only. Most importantly, drink plenty of water and choose healthy drinks like fresh unsweetened fruit juices, low fat milk, butter milk, etc.
Essential Nutrients That Should be a Part of Diet Plan for People in 30's
Here is a list of essential nutrients that should be a part of diet and exercise plan for people in 30's:
- Protein: People in their 30's need 70 to 80 grams of protein per day if you are spending your day with normal physical activities. To get the balanced protein without fat just eat skinless white-meat poultry, lean steak, fish, eggs, beans, tofu, and low-fat dairy. Make sure you include these in your diet plan if you are in your 30's.
- Potassium: Munching two-three cups of fruit like an apple, a banana, and a plain yogurt with fresh strawberries including two and a half cups of veggies daily for example a garden fresh salad and a side of small broccoli provides all the potassium that you need. It helps to keep your heart and muscles functioning well.
- Omega-3 fats: It is called as a feel-good chemical. It acts upon your brain and boosts the level of serotonin that is an anti-oxidant substances. It is found in Salmon, tuna, walnuts, ground flaxseed, and canola oil is also a common source of Omega – 3 fats.
- Folate: It is essential to reduce the risk of cardio related diseases and so it is important to be a made a part of diet plan for people in 30's. It also boosts body mechanism to make new cells. It is found in chickpeas, asparagus, spinach, broccoli, avocados, orange juice, and fortified whole grains.
- Phytonutrients: As they contain antioxidants, they slow down the overall aging process with these components. It prevents changes in DNA that is potentially preventing the development of cancer also. Phytonutrients come from plants, dark chocolate, red wine, and coffee and so these foods should be a part of diet plan for people in 30's.
- Iron: Iron helps to maintain the oxygen-carrying capacity in the red blood corpuscles. Iron deficiency typically causes fatigue, shortness of breath, waning stamina, declining athletic performance, a rapid heart rate and weakness. Available in clams, lean beef, fortified breakfast cereal, soybeans, pumpkin seeds, and skinless poultry.
Exercise Plan for People in 30's
Exercise plan is the key to balance calorie in and energy out. At the age of 30 the physiological capacity to perform actively starts to decrease 1 percent per year. To cope up with this phenomenon, plan for a preventive fitness strategy and overcome it with some simple aerobic exercises is a must for people in 30's.
At this age, usually schedules remain so tight that finding time for exercises is difficult. You can work it out with walking, jogging and light weight lifting. Biking, running and swimming is the best help for you at this age to reduce or prevent from heart diseases or osteoporosis, arthritis in near future.
Ideally, people in 30's should include a 20-30 minutes of any cardio exercise to be performed at least 5 days a week. Exercise plan for people in 30's should also include strength training, muscle building or weight lifting which can be done thrice a week. Similarly yoga to maintain flexibility, strength and relaxation can be performed either daily or at least 3 to 5 times a week. You can have your own exercise plan by combining these activities and scheduling them as per your convenience. Make sure you perform them as advised or you can seek help of an expert too.
Include these diet and exercise changes in your routine and see the difference. This diet and exercise plan for people in 30's is an ideal one to keep you fit and healthy.