Foods That Provide Instant Energy
Given the fast and mechanical life, every person is in need of energy to do their tasks and push their limits. Food plays a very important role in giving energy to the body. Though it is long process through which the nutrients from the food get converted into usable energy, there are some foods that help in providing instant energy to the body.
Foods That Provide Instant Energy
The foods that provide instant energy are often available easily and also many times at home. These foods include –
- Lemon Water for Instant Energy: Adding just a squeeze of lime or lemon to your drinking water will help you to get instant boost in energy. Lemon or lime can add electrolytes to the water you drink and this will help you to produce more energy in your cells. Research studies have even proved that water has a direct impact on energy levels. Those, who are dehydrated, are often found to have less energy and more fatigued. On the other hand, those, who are hydrated, are more energetic.
- Consume Berries to Get Instant Energy: Strawberries and blueberries work amazingly well in boosting energy. They have a high content or natural sugar that helps in boosting energy. Moreover, the fibre content of these berries and fruits helps in keeping the blood sugar levels steady. Even the rich vitamin C content is very effective in cutting body fat and turning it into energy. Eating them raw or adding with yoghurt to make smoothies is a good idea.
- Nuts: Different kinds of nuts like almonds, cashew or hazelnuts, have rich magnesium content. Magnesium helps in converting sugar into usable energy. The fibre content of the nuts also helps in maintaining the energy level in the body. Having a few nuts a few times a day will keep you energetic all day.
- Coffee: For temporary or short term energy, coffee is an amazing energy booster. It contains caffeine that increases your metabolism and increases your energy level. Rather than having one large dose of coffee, it is better to take a number of short shots throughout the day to have an increased energy level.
- Herbal Teas as an Excellent Drink for Instant Energy: If you are looking for a healthier alternative to coffee that will not contain the caffeine, but will provide you with the energy that you are in need of, the herbal teas would be the best choice for you. These are basically certain spices or dried herbs that are mixed with hot water. Ginseng tea or ginger teas can also give you instant energy.
- Dark Chocolate Helps Boost Energy Levels: Just as coffee contains caffeine, dark chocolate contains theobromine, which also helps in providing instant energy. Having a little piece of dark chocolate after meal will be beneficial.
- Lean Meat: Tyrosine is an amino acid that is found in lean meats in a heavy content. This amino acid boosts norepinephrine and dopamine, two brain chemicals that help in staying focussed and alert. Hence, eating lean meats will help you in eliminating fatigue.
- Bananas are an Instant Source of Energy: One of the strongest reasons behind feeling lethargic and fatigues is lack of potassium. Bananas contain a good deal of potassium and therefore, it can increase the energy level almost instantly. Even the vitamin B6 content is also high in bananas and this can increase energy levels by being soluble with water.
- Brown Rice: Often brown rice is used as a better substitute for white rice. This is because the brown rice takes longer time to be break down carbohydrate and thus increasing sugar content in blood. Therefore, it keeps you full and you feel more energized rather than experiencing the hunger.
- Melons: Honeydew, watermelon, cantaloupe etc. are the different types of melons that contain high amounts of antioxidants – a rich energy source. While growing, the melons absorb a great deal of energy from the sun and transfer them to the consumer.
- Greek Yogurt and Granola: A common breakfast food, the granola, which is a combination of fruits and Greek yogurt, is a great source of energy. However, you must make sure that you choose a granola bar that does not contain any added sugar.
- Edamame: Edamame is a type of soybean that contains high amount of vitamin B. When you need some instant energy boost and also want the energy to stay for some time, this is the vegetable that you need to eat. This can be eaten raw or even cooked. It is a great snack, if you are willing to eat something natural.
- Spinach and Asparagus: This leafy green vegetable is probably one of the most beneficial veggies of all. Every single nutrient of spinach is useful for the body. Not only is it beneficial for the health, but also provides instant energy. Asparagus is another green vegetable that contains vitamin B that helps in converting carbohydrate into usable energy or glucose.
- Curry Powder for Instant Energy: Curry powder contains a number of spices that have all natural benefits. What is not known to many is that foods that contain curry powder help in getting more energy instantly.
- Eggs: Whether you eat the white portion of the egg or with the yolk, eggs help you in cutting your carbohydrate consumption, if you are careful with your diet. Moreover, it also helps you to develop lean muscles and with lean muscles, you will get more energy.
- Quinoa and Whole Grain Bread Provides Instant Energy: One of the most popular superfoods, quinoa is a complex carbohydrate that keeps you full and takes time to get processed. Hence, you can stay energized for long. The essential amino acids also make it a rich source of energy. The complex carbohydrate of whole grain breads also help in reducing energy crashes and maintaining energy.
These are the most common foods that are easy to access and easy to eat. They will provide you with energy almost instantly. Apart from these, you can also choose salmon, beans or lentils or even broccoli as these too are great sources for providing energy.