The importance of protein in weight training, weight lifting and muscle building simply cannot be ignored. The stress of the weights that you pick up, damages the muscle fibers during a workout. This triggers a unique repairing process in the muscles thereby causing each of the muscle cells to grow rapidly. To ensure that this process happens at the right pace, your body must have a good amount of the basic building blocks which are known as amino acids. Know what to eat which will help you gain muscle mass with all the required strength.
What To Eat To Gain Muscle Mass?
It is essential to know the importance of muscles foods in men. When you lift weights, your body begins to burn fat and energy in a form known as muscle glycogen. At this point of time, your diet plays a vital role and must be full of healthy carbohydrates which will help increase muscle glycogen content in the body. Carbohydrates also help boost a hormone known as insulin which helps the amino acids to reach your muscles. Hence, when exercising with weights, you need to take, good amount of protein in your diet while also avoiding unhealthy food items which can slow down your body.
Here are the top 10 muscle foods for men which help you gain muscle mass. Incorporate good amounts of these items in your daily diet for best results from your workout sessions.
- Quinoa – It is good food to eat if you want to gain muscle mass. Quinoa is one of the richest sources of protein, especially for those men who are vegetarian by choice and intend to gain muscle mass. It is a grain packed with all the essential amino acids thereby providing complete protein and making it a popular muscle food for men. It has originated from South America, is gluten-free and also digests easily. Magnesium, iron and fiber are loaded in quinoa, which is also called the mother of grains.
- Cottage Cheese – If you are a serious bodybuilder and are looking to gain muscle mass, then cottage cheese must be included in your top 10 muscle foods for men. Half a cup of cottage cheese which is low in fat gives your body 14 grams of protein and helps you meet your daily protein requirement easily. Moreover, cottage cheese can be used in a variety of dishes such as salads, baked dishes and soups with new flavors and taste.
- Almonds – This too is a plant-based food which is high in protein and one of the smartest muscle building foods for men. You will find almost 8 grams of protein in one-forth cup of almonds which is more than the protein found in eggs. Being rich in magnesium and monounsaturated fats which is quite healthy for the heart, almonds help to increase the metabolism of the body and also aid in protein synthesis.
- Soy – Soy is available in several forms, some of which are soy milk, tofu or edamame. One must add soy to their diet if they want to gain muscle mass. Soy boasts of some great muscle-building benefits which remains almost unmatched by any other plant source. Soy too provides complete protein along with essential minerals and vitamins. This is why soy is very healthy and earns a name as one of the power-packed muscle foods for men. You can get over 20 grams of amino acids in just a cup of cooked soybeans.
- Milk – Being an animal food, milk boasts of all the essential amino acids without too much fat. For best results, drink 2 glasses of skimmed milk every day. Milk can be easily mixed with whey protein which is available in a plethora of flavors thereby taking your taste-buds for a ride while your muscle grow by leaps and bounds.
- Eggs – Eggs are an essential dietary component for those men who wish to grow muscles quickly. Not only are eggs easy and quick to prepare and deliciously tasty, they can be made in a variety of ways to ensure that you never get tired of it! A single egg offers around 6 gram of protein without offering too many calories. The type of protein present in eggs is ready to be utilized and has a very high biological value; thereby making it ideal food to eat if you want to gain muscle mass.
- Chicken – The staple of muscle-building food is undoubtedly our very own chicken. You can get as much as 31 grams of protein with just 100 grams of chicken with as little as 4 grams of fat. This makes chicken an absolute essential when we talk about gaining muscle mass. Not only does chicken taste great and can be cooked in versatile ways, it is so healthy that you can incorporate 2 to 3 servings of it every day.
- Fish – No food can compete with fish when it comes to choosing muscle foods for men. Fish is a protein powerhouse as just a 100 gram serving of this delicacy offers around 25 grams of protein. Not only this, but fish is also packed with several other nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids and monounsaturated fats. Another reason why fish should make it to your plate every day is that it is one of the best sources of vitamin D which is not easy to find in many other food items. Salmon, tuna, mackerel or sardines are your best choices.
- Oysters – Oysters is a super specialty item when it comes to choosing good muscle foods for men. A small serving of oysters will offer you a good amount of protein without adding up to the fat and help you in your goal of gaining muscle mass. Also being extremely rich in zinc, oysters aid in protein synthesis and help quick and healthy muscle growth.
- Lean Ground Beef – Lean ground beef is a type of red meat which is a great source of protein and is thereby good for muscle growth. You will find almost 30 grams of protein in just 100 grams of beef, thereby making this food amongst the top 10 muscle foods for men. Though, beef also has a lot of fat in it, the fact that it is loaded with minerals and vitamins make it an ideal choice for body builders. Zinc, iron and vitamin B12 are found in abundance in beef; all of which are essential for gaining muscle mass.
Now you know what to eat to gain muscle mass so do not forget to include them in your meals starting today. When combined with proper weight training and lifting, these foods will give you the amazing set of muscles that you have been trying to achieve till now.