Do you remember how our mothers used to add soaked and peeled almonds into our morning regime back in the time when we were kids? There has to be some reasons right? This is because almonds contain zinc which makes them a catalyst for brain development. Talking about their worth, almonds are one of the most valued nuts around the world when it comes to their usage in the health and beauty industry. It is considered wonderful for our skin whether consumed or applied topically in any of its forms.
Almonds have a high content of protein, magnesium, fibre, omega-3, omega-6, vitamin E, potassium, zinc and calcium which are all important for healthy skin.(1,3)
Look At How Miraculous Almonds Are For Our Skin:
- Almonds for Supple and Flawless Skin: Almonds have rich vitamin-E content, which moisturizes the skin and makes it soft and supple when used regularly. Almond milk products help protect our skin from sun damage. With the regular usage of almonds, you can get younger-looking skin free from dryness, pimples and acne.
- Almonds Work As A Boon For The Beauty of Your Eyes: Do you have dark circles and under-eye wrinkles? Then, almonds are a one-stop solution for you. Almonds are a rich source of omega fatty acids and minerals that help release all the stress and pain of your eyes after a long tiring day. Just massage an organic eye cream containing almond every night before going to bed. It will treat the dark circles and puffiness around your eyes. It also ensures a good night sleep resulting in better skin health.(1)
So, here are a few ways by which you can include almonds in your beauty and skincare regime to see the amazing results:
29 Promising DIYs Using Almonds to Boost Your Skin Health:
Almond and Fuller’s Earth Face Mask to Treat Oily Skin:
- Take 2 tablespoon of fuller’s earth (Multani mitti) in a bowl.
- Mix it with 2 tablespoons of almond milk in it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of almond oil in it.
- Stir it well and your DIY mask for oily skin is ready. Apply it to your clean face. Avoid under eye area as it is a sensitive area.
- Keep it on for around 20 minutes and then use a damp towel to take the mask off your face.
- Wash with lukewarm water and use a mild moisturizer after the process.
Fuller’s earth is a superb clay effective in absorbing oil and dirt from the face. It controls oil production and helps in getting rid of the extra oil on the skin. Almond milk and almond oil help neutralize the excess dryness caused by multani mitti.(12)
DIY Almond and Banana Skin Tightening Face Mask:
- Take a banana and mash it.
- Mix 4-5 tablespoon of almond milk in it.
- Add 2 teaspoon of milk cream to it. The cream should be obtained from fresh milk.
- Stir this mixture well and then apply to the face and neck.
- Keep it for around 15-20 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
Banana is highly known for its tightening property which helps the skin to stay firm and plump. It uplifts the skin cells and results in younger-looking skin. On the other hand, milk cream and almond milk make the skin soft and provide moisture.(5)
Almond and Gram Flour Tan Removal Face Mask:
- Take 1 teaspoon of gram flour.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of almond juice with it. Almond juice can be obtained at home by taking ground almonds in a muslin cloth and twisting out the juice from it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of yoghurt to the mixture and whisk.
- Apply it all over your face and allow it to stay for around 30 minutes.
Gram flour is known for its skin brightening and toning properties. It urns coarse when it is dried. So you may need a damp towel to wipe it off your face before rinsing.(4)
Almond And Potato Face Mask For Dark Spot Reduction:
- Take a handful of crushed almonds.
- Mix 2 teaspoon of potato juice with it. You can prepare potato juice by grinding or grating potatoes first, then putting it in a muslin cloth and twisting out the juice from it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of gram flour to it and whisk.
- Your DIY dark spot reduction face mask is ready to use.
- Apply it with a brush as it can drop off, because of its slightly thin consistency.
- Allow it to dry for half an hour and then rinse off.
You will notice the spots getting lighter after regular usage. This process can be repeated twice a week.(14)
Almond and Cucumber Sheet Mask for That Extra Nourishment:
- Take 1 tablespoon of cucumber juice in a container.
- Add half tablespoon of almond juice to it.
- Soak a cotton sheet mask in the container. Take off the sheet once it absorbs the DIY mask solution.
Just place it on your face for 10 minutes and notice the glow on your face. This mask can be used anywhere anytime – at home, before a party or any sudden event when you want that desired glow.
Cucumber is known for its ‘de-stress’ properties. It does not only heal puffiness around the eyes but also in bringing an instant glow to the face. Almond juice helps brighten the skin cells which, along with cucumber, works like magic on the face.(9,10)
Almond Juice and Gelatin Peel-Off Mask for Deep Cleansing:
- Take 1 teaspoon of gelatin powder. Use double boing process or microwave for 10 seconds to melt the powder.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of almond juice.
- Add 2-3 drops of almond oil into the mixture and stir.
- Your DIY peel-off mask is ready to use.
- Start with cleansing and scrubbing and then apply this mask carefully on your face with a brush. Avoid applying to the under-eye area.
- Allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes. You will notice the dry corner ends start coming out. Pull it from there and then from all over the face. You will see how the visible pollutants and impurities stick to the mask and get peeled off from your face leaving behind supple, soft and clean skin.
Gelatin is an important ingredient in every peel-off mask. Dirt and impurities stick to it and come over with it when pulled off. Almond milk acts as a catalyst in this process.(15)
Almond Milk And Turmeric Face Mask To Treat Skin Inflammation:
- Take 6 teaspoons of almond milk.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in it.
- Add 2 teaspoons of gram flour in it and stir well.
- Apply this DIY mask to treat skin inflammation. Use it twice a week and see visible results.
Turmeric is a great natural anti-bacterial ingredient. Gram flour is used here to thicken the consistency of the mixture. It is also great to make the skin fairer. Almond milk neutralizes the dryness caused by gram flour and moisturizes the skin well.(6,15)
Almond Milk and Sandalwood Face Mask to Get Fair Skin:
- Take 2 tablespoons of almond milk.
- Mix 4 teaspoons of sandalwood powder in it.
- Add 2-3 drops of almond oil in the mixture and mix well.
- Apply this DIY mask twice a week for a month and see one shade of fairer skin naturally.
Sandalwood is known for its natural lightening effects on the skin. It also treats skin infections or rashes (if any).(15)
Almond Juice And Oats Face Mask To Treat Pigmentation:
- Take 2 tablespoons of almond juice.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of oat flour in it.
- Pour 2 capsules of vitamin E content into it.
- Mix it well and your DIY mask is ready to use.
- Apply it with a brush all over the face after cleaning it.
- Wait for 15 minutes and then take this DIY mask off with normal water.
- Rinse and then apply a toner and moisturizer after this process.(13)
Almond Juice and Yoghurt Body Mask for Whitening Effects:
- Take ½ cup of almond juice in a bowl.
- Mix 1 cup of thick yoghurt in it.
- Add ¼ cup of all-purpose flour to it.
- Now pour 3-4 vitamin E capsules content into the mixture and give it a nice stir.
- Exfoliate your body with any scrub and then apply this mask all over the body and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water. Apply toner after the process.
This DIY Body mask will give much-needed care to your body. Almond juice and yogurt both have whitening and lightening effects.(16)
DIY Lemon and Almond Tan Removal Scrub:
- Take 7-8 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Mix it with 4 tablespoons of curd. You need to use curd and not yoghurt. Make sure the curd you use, is prepared at home.
- Add baking soda (a pinch or two) to the mixture.
- Add 4-5 tablespoons of almond milk to it and stir it.
- You will get a slightly thick paste.
- Apply this DIY scrub on your face and body. Scrub it on the skin gently for a few minutes. Keep it on for 10 minutes, and then rinse with lukewarm water.
Use this remedy thrice a week for visible results within 2 weeks of using it. Lemon is known for its skin lightening properties. It contains vitamin C which brings out the inner brighter layers of the skin after removing all the dead cells which have darkened the skin. Baking soda is highly known for its skin lightening properties and is perfectly suitable for tanned skin.(4)
Almond and Coffee Face Scrub For Dry Skin:
- Take 2-3 teaspoon of coffee powder in a bowl.
- Mix 4-5 crushed almonds with it.
- Add a few drops of hot water into it to let the coffee soften a bit.
- Here you go! Your DIY scrub is ready to be used. Apply it in a circular motion so that it penetrates deep into the skin.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Towel dry and apply a mild moisturizer after the process.
Coffee particles moisturize the skin and are best suited for dry skin type. It scrubs away the dead skin cells while leaving the skin more nourished and supple. Almonds moisturize the skin and work as a catalyst, thus speeding up the process.(17)
Almond and Himalayan Salt Face Scrub for Oily Skin:
- Take 8-10 crushed almonds.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of Himalayan salt in it.
- Add 1/3 teaspoon of baking soda in it.
- Mix the ingredients well to make a paste.
- Apply it all over your face and gently rub in circular motions, especially around the nose- as most of the oil is secreted from there only. Make sure you don’t rub too hard as Himalayan salt unlike regular salt, is a bit coarse and might result in redness if rubbed hard.
- Wash it off with slightly cold water.
Himalayan salt is a miraculous scrubbing agent. Not only does it help in shedding off the dead skin cells, but also in controlling excess sebum production. On the other hand, baking soda possesses antibacterial properties.(18)
Almond and Activated Charcoal Blackhead Removing Scrub:
- Take 10-12 almonds and grind them to make a fine powder.
- Mix 2 teaspoon of activated charcoal powder in it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey to the mixture and whisk.
Your DIY exfoliator is ready to use. Start with cleansing your skin with a mild face wash first. Then take a little amount of this DIY scrub on your palm and directly apply it to your wet face. Swab gently focusing more on and around the nose and the upper cheek area and on the forehead too. These are the areas where blackheads are more likely to pop up. Not only for blackheads but it is also effective for whiteheads and other types of bumps on the skin.(4,5)
Almond and Rice Flour Body Scrub to Cleanse the Body Well:
- Take 10-25 almonds and grind them to make a fine powder.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of rice flour in it. Rice powder can be prepared at home by finely grinding the rice granules.
- Add 4 teaspoon of full cream milk to this mixture and whisk.
- Now add a few drops of mint essential oil to the mixture.
- Your DIY scrub is ready to use. Now apply this scrub to the body. Make sure the skin is wet before applying this. Exfoliate the skin by paying special attention to the knees, elbows, and neck area.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes after the application and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Apply a mild moisturizer after this process.
Rice powder is highly known for its smoothening and lightening effects on the skin. Full cream milk moisturizes the skin and makes it more supple and soft.(19)
DIY Almond And Orange Peel Knee And Elbow Lightening Scrub To Help Remove Darkness:
- Take 8-10 finely ground almonds.
- Mix 2 tablespoon of orange peel powder in it.
- Add a few drops of almond oil and the required amount of hot water to make a thick paste.
- Massage this scrub gently on your clean knees and elbows.
- Allow it to dry for 10 minutes and then rinse off. Don’t forget to apply a mild moisturizer after this process, as the orange peel powder becomes tight after drying and might turn the skin a little rough.
Crushed almonds work as a great exfoliator that cleanses the skin deeply. Orange peel powder is also one of the best scrubs to use. Not only does it lighten the dark body parts, but also helps in removing tan. Almond oil provides the needed moisturization.(6)
Almond and Sugar Lip Scrub for Softer Pink Lips:
- Take 5-6 almonds and grind them.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of full cream milk in it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of brown sugar to the mixture. Make sure that the brown sugar is in granular form and not in powdered form.
- Your DIY scrub is ready to be used. Apply it after you cleanse your lips. Scrub in small circular motions.
- After that, let it stay for 5 minutes and then rinse off. Just after you rinse it off, you will see 1 shade of lighter lips. Repeat every 3 days. This process will help shed off all the dead skin cells from your lips, making them feel more lively, soft and pink!
Almonds are known for their lightening properties and are very much suitable for dark lips – though all skin types can use it. On the other hand, brown sugar is a wonderful exfoliator. Full cream milk provides moisturization to the lips and keeps them plump.(20)
Almond And Wheat Flour Eye Mask For Dark Circles:
- Take a small bowl and pour 2 tablespoons of almond juice in it.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of wheat or all-purpose flour and give it a whisk.
- Apply this DIY eye mask with a brush around your eyes. Repeat once a week for the lighter under-eye area. Be careful while applying this mask, and make sure to keep a little gap from the eyelids, so that it does not get inside your eyes.
- Let it dry for 5 minutes. Then rinse off and towel dry. Apply a mild moisturizer after this process.
You can use this DIY every other day. It will help you to get rid of dark circles other issues around the eyes within a month or two.(21)
Almond and Aloe Vera Daily Moisturizing Gel For That Extra Hydration:
- Slit an aloe vera into two parts and take out its gel. Pure aloe vera gel works best on the skin compared to the ones available in the market, and since we are working on a DIY gel, it’s better to use purer versions of the ingredients.
- Mix 4-5 tablespoons of almond juice in it.
- Add 2-3 drops of any aromatic essential oil for a rejuvenated feeling.
Stir the mixture well and here you go! Your DIY daily moisturizing gel is ready. You can use it on your face and neck and even on your hands as an after bath gel. It will make your skin glowing and bright.(5,11)
Almond and Neem Face Cleanser for Oily Skin:
- Take 4-5 teaspoon of almond juice.
- Mix 2 teaspoon of neem powder in it.
- Add 3-4 drops of neem essential oil to the mixture and whisk.
- You are good to go. The DIY cleanser is ready to be applied. Apply it the way you apply any other face wash. Take a little amount of it in your palm, and apply it to your wet face. Massage in circular motions.
- Wait a minute and then rinse off. It takes off all the impurities and dirt from your face leaving it clean with deep pore cleansing.
Neem is known for removing excess oil from the skin as it and controls oil glands from secreting much. On the other hand, neem oil adds a fresh fragrance to the cleanser giving it a feel-good feeling.(22)
Almond and Basil Face Cleanser for Dry Skin:
- Take 8-10 almonds and make a powder.
- Mix one tablespoon of basil powder in it.
- Add a few drops of water to this mixture and you are good to go!
- Your DIY face cleanser is ready. Though it can be used in every season by all skin types, it is best suited for people with dry skin, especially during rainy seasons. Keeping the fact in mind that monsoons are an invitation to many kinds of skin diseases, and here, the people with dry skin face the most, but not after this DIY treatment!
- Use it like you use any other face wash. Apply using circular motions, keep it for a minute and rinse.
Basil is highly known for its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. It helps regulate sebum production so that the issues like acne, blackheads and whiteheads don’t show up.(23)
Almond and Coconut Oil Face Toner to Tone the Skin Well:
- Take a clean spray bottle and fill 1/3 part of it with almond milk and 1/3 part with almond juice.
- Fill 1/6 part of the bottle with pure virgin coconut oil and 1/6 part with water.
- Shake the bottle well and your DIY toner is ready to use! This mixture can be used as a regular face toner, as well as an after-facial toner just after the face mask is washed off.
This toner will provide your skin with tightening effects making the skin firm in the long run.(13)
Almond and Shea Butter Facial Cream to Moisturize the Skin:
- Take 5-6 tablespoons of almond juice and mix 10-12 tablespoon of almond milk.
- Mix 20 gram of Shea butter along with 3-4 drops of almond oil with it.
- Add 2 tablespoons of yoghurt to the mixture.
- Whisk it well, and here is the best DIY facial cream with the goodness of almonds and the nourishment of Shea butter.
- Apply it after the cleansing and scrubbing process. Move your fingers in an upward motion while massaging this cream on your face. The regular usage of this DIY will help delay the ageing process of the skin.
- Wipe it off with a cotton pad and then rinse. Apply a face pack of your choice. Be it winter dryness or monsoon dryness, this remedy cures it all!
Shea Butter is an amazing ingredient when it comes to facial creams made especially for winters. Though it suits all skin types, Shea butter suits best for dry skin. Yoghurt makes the facial process more creamy and smooth.(1)
DIY Almond Juice Beeswax Facial Hair Removal Wax:
- Take 3-4 tablespoons of almond juice.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of beeswax in it.
- Add a few drops of coco-scented oil to the mixture.
- The DIY homemade wax is ready to use. Apply it to the area where you want to remove the unwanted hair from. Stick a wipe or a piece of denim cloth on it and pull in the opposite direction of hair growth. The hair will come out from the pores themselves and will feel softer and smoother skin.
Beeswax is a mandatory constituent for the removal of unnecessary hair through the process of waxing. Coco-scented oil is used as beeswax may not smell nice.(2)
Almond and Argan Oil Skin Lightening Serum:
- Take 2 tablespoon of argan oil.
- Mix 4 tablespoon of almond juice in it.
- Add 1 tablespoon of hot water into the mixture and stir.
- Your DIY skin lightening serum is ready to use. It can be applied after a bath or after you cleanse your face before bedtime.
- Make sure to use a scrub before applying this serum.
This DIY will make your skin fairer, brighter and softer.(24)
Almond Milk and Glycerine Body Lotion to Restore Moisture:
- Take 1 small cup of thick almond milk.
- Mix ½ cup of glycerine in it. Make sure the glycerine you use is organic and not processed. Processed and artificial glycerine does not glide on the skin the same way the raw one does.
- Add 8-10 drops of walnut essential oil into the mixture.
- Give it a nice stir and pour this DIY lotion into a bottle.
- Apply this lotion daily after a bath. Your skin will become softer after each use and will thank you for this!
Almond Juice and Honey Body Illuminating Gel:
- Take ¼ cup of almond juice in a bowl.
- Mix 1 cup of pure honey with it.
- Add 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and mix it well.
- Store this DIY gel in a glass container and you can use it for a month.
Apply it after the bath before bedtime and your skin will glow like gold!(27)
Almond Juice and Vitamin E Serum for Glowing Skin:
- Take a dropper bottle and pour 5-6 tablespoons of almond juice into it.
- Add the oil from 4 vitamin E capsules into it.
- Now mix 3-4 drops of walnut essential oil into this solution and shake well.
- You are good to go now. Apply this serum before bed or in the morning after a bath when your face is cleansed.
Vitamin E brings back the youthfulness of your face. Walnut essential oil treat wrinkles and helps get you younger-looking skin.(1)
Almond and Castor Oil Nail Growth Serum for Long and Strong Nails:
- Take 2 teaspoon of almond milk.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of pure castor oil with it.
- Add 2 drops of almond essential oil to the mixture.
Your DIY nail growth serum is ready to use. Store it in a dropper bottle and apply it daily before going to bed.
Remember, don’t apply it on dirty nails. Wash hands with a mild hand wash and remove all the dirt from around and the insides of nails if any, and then apply a small quantity of the serum. Massage well with fingers so that it gets absorbed well. The results will be visible within a week of usage. Your nails will become stronger and will grow faster.
Castor oil is highly popular for its growth properties. It helps in enhancing the growth of eyebrows, nails and even eyelashes. Almond milk and almond essential oil provide moisture and fragrance to the serum.(28,29)
Almonds are not only good for the digestive system but also miraculous for the skin. They are the storehouse of many nutrients. They are rich in Vitamin E, which protects the skin from UV rays, pollution and other factors as well as acts as an antioxidant that serves as an anti-ageing agent, thus keeping you young and radiant. The products containing almond extracts are great for people with dry skin and issues like eczema and stretch marks.
Almonds moisturize, make the skin softer and supple, prevent and cure pigmentation and other skin issues. Including almonds in your daily diet and your skincare routine will surely make your skin healthy and glowing.
- Can Almonds Give You Heartburn?
- Why Consuming Soaked Almonds is More Beneficial Than Raw Almonds?
- Can You Drink Almond Milk If You Are Lactose Intolerant?
- Do Almonds Contain Omega 3 Fatty Acids?
- Are Almonds Good for Diabetes?