When considering the success and happiness of an individual, intellectual ability(IQ) and Emotional Intelligence (EQ) are equally important. Stronger relationships can be built with the help of emotional intelligence and individuals can be victorious in work and prosper in attaining personal aspirations as well as have a successful career.
Emotional intelligence (EQ) is having potential to spot, interpret, use and project emotions positively to deactivate stress, communicate constructively, empathize with others, conquering the challenges, and reduce conflict. Your behavior and the way you communicate with others can be drastically changed with the impact of emotional intelligence (EQ).
If you are powered with high emotional intelligence, you will not only be able to find your own emotional state but the same of others and can draw them all to you in relations. You can form healthier relations by understanding emotions of others and relate them finely in every situation;higher success rate and fulfilling life are assured with this ability.
Four Important Aspects of Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Self-Awareness: You will be able to sort out your own feelings plus thoughts and know where they may take you, to diminish the weaknesses and can attain self-confidence.
- Self Management: Impulsive feelings along with behaviors can be controlled, manage emotional outcomes in healthy way, can meet the commitments and adapt to changes both physical and emotional.
- Social Awareness: You can leave your mark in the group or organization, evaluate emotions, needs and worries of others, cope up with emotional cues, and accumulate social comfort too.
- Relationship Management: Clear communication, managing healthy relations, inspiring and influencing others, negotiating conflicts and disciplined working style can be developed via Emotional Intelligence.
What is the Significance of Emotional Intelligence (EQ)?
As we know, smartest people are not always successful in personal life and lead fulfilled life. There are few people with academic brilliance and fail in relationships and show lapse at work. Intellectual intelligence isn’t sufficient to be victorious in life. Your IQ can get you college seats, but Emotional Intelligence (EQ)shows its charm in fulfilling life and to manage stress and emotional imbalance during final examinations.
Emotional Intelligence (EQ) Has Impact On:
- A person’s performance at work. To excel in career, emotional intelligence drives you the better way in navigating the complexities in society, motivate and guide others. While measuring the caliber of candidate skills, hiring personnel look for emotional intelligence coupled with technical ability and to test the same prior to hiring.
- A person’s physical health. When uncontrolled stress is raised, complex health issues can be seen, blood pressure heightens, deactivation of the immune system, increase the complexity of heart stroke, lead to infertility, and fasten the aging process. The foundation of obtaining emotional intelligence (EQ) is to de-stress daily life.
- A person’s mental health. Uncontrolled stress and anxiety leave a vast impact on mental health turning you defenseless to depression and anxiety. Mood swings are rendered when you lose control over your own emotions and manage the same productively. The inability of creating healthy relationships may leave you in isolation.
- A person’s relationships. You will be able to understand how others are feeling and control your own emotions and feelings better. Effective communication is oriented and finer relations are fostered both in work place and personal relations.
How to Heighten your Emotional Intelligence (EQ)?
Our senses bring all information to the brain and when the same is highly stressful, your instinct will take hold of the situation and the ability to act would be reduced to the responses of flight, fight, or freeze. So, there is a great need of installing emotional equilibrium in your brain to take good decisions from the available vast range of choices.
Memory and emotion are mighty in their link. Learn to stay in touch to the emotional and rational parts of your brain so that the array of choices can be expanded when trying to discover solution for a new event, & you will also get emotional memory as an element in decision-making process to avoid earlier mistakes.
To increase your emotional intelligence and the ability of decision-making, you have to decode and govern your emotions. This is mastered by building key skills for navigating and managing extra stress and turning an effective communicator.
How to Develop the Key Skills That Improve Emotional Intelligence (EQ)?
Anyone at any time can learn the key skills to improve the emotional intelligence (EQ). Gaining the knowledge of emotional intelligence (EQ) is not same in implying the same in life. Just because you are aware of doing something doesn’t mean that you are doing it. Your best intentions can be hijacked by overwhelming stress.
Stay emotionally aware to manage relationships, override the stress, and permanently change the behavior in ways that let you stand strong under pressure. This means that simply reading – how to manage emotional intelligence may not help you in mastering the same. You need to experience and put the skills into practice in daily lifestyle.
Go through the below prescribed key skills to foster emotional intelligence and why it is of paramount importance in human life.
Skill #1: Rapidly Decrease the Stress In-The-Moment to Foster your Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
High levels of stress can crush both your mind and the body, and get in the way of your capacity to ‘read’ the situation accurately, listen what the opposite person is saying, be conscious of your own feelings and requirements and interact promptly.Rapidly decreasing the stress in-the-moment will help you to boost your emotional intelligence (EQ).
When you are able to calm down your emotions and de-stress your lifestyle, it lets you stay balanced, focused and lead an emotionally controlled life – no matter how many things change around stress fully.
Stress Busting: Performing Well In the Peak of the Moment
Implement your stress-busting skills by working via the prescribed three steps:
- Recognize when you are stressed: The first thing to reduce is to realize what stress seems like. What does the feelings of your body when anxiety stresses you? Are your stomach and muscles tightened or sore? Do you experience cramps in hands? Do you breathe deep? If you are aware of physical responses to stress, it will help you to control tension when it comes your way.
- Identify your stress response: Individual responses can be seen differently in different people. When you show anger or agitation, if so it is said that you will respond to stress relieving activities that will calm you down. If you become depressed under stress, it is said that you respond the best to stress relieving activities which are stimulating. When you freeze under stress, it is mandatory to undergo stress relieving activities that provide comfort and stimulation.
- Unfold the stress-busting tips that help you: The ideal way to de-stress life swiftly is by engrossing your senses: like sound, vision, smell, taste and the touch. Sensory inputs render different responses in different individuals. So, find good things to engage and energize to sooth your senses. If you are a visual person, surround yourself with thoughtful images to uplift the senses. If you respond well to sound, listen to music or sound of water fountain to eliminate your level of stress.
Skill #2: Conquer Stress with Emotional Awareness to Boost Your Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
The ability to connect to your own emotions, watching your thoughts and feelings every moment and how they influence the same is the key to understand your emotions and to stay calm and focused in stressful situations with everyone.
Many people are detached from their emotions, specifically strong chief emotions such as anger, sorrow, freight, and joy. This may be evolved out of the negative experiences that the childhood brought that involve in shutting the feelings. Though we are not aware, these feelings still remain, we are not able to understand emotional requirements and to interact effectively with fellow beings. By conquering stress with emotional awareness will help to boost your emotional intelligence (EQ).
What Sort of a Relationship Do You Own With Your Emotions?
- Do you feel that flow, confronting one emotion after another as you undergo drastic changes from situation to situation?
- Are your emotions followed by physical commotions that you experience in various parts like your stomach or chest?
- Do you experience distinct thoughts and emotions, such as anger, sorrow, fear, happiness, each of which is obvious in tenuous facial impressions?
- Can you encounter vigorous feelings that are hard to catch both your notice and that of others?
- Do you pay observation to your inclinations? Do they matter in decision making?
If these prescribed experiences are unknown to you, your emotions can be terminated. To be emotionally healthy and intellectual, you must reunite with the basic emotions, allow them and lead life in solace.
Skill #3: Nonverbal Communication is an Essential Skill to Boost Your Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
A good communicator does not just require verbal skills but must be able to manage stress. Nonverbal communication is an essential skill to foster your emotional intelligence (EQ). In certain situations, what you talk is of little important than how you project the same, the way you speak, sending various nonverbal gestures, how soft or hard you talk with the fellow beings, the distance between you and the listener, and above all the eye contact you give. In order to get the notice of public and build attention and reliability, you need know and stay in control of, this familiar body language. You must gain the knowledge of read and respond the gestures of other people.
These nonverbal messages do not stop when people are silent. Though they do not speak, they interact non verbally. Introspect about the cues that you transfer as well whether what you say match with what you feel. If you say, “I’m fine,” while having toothache, your body sends out clear signals that you are not okay. The nonverbal signals can generate a feel of interest, belief, happiness, and an interest for connection or else create a sense of fear, distress, disbelief, and unlike.
Tips for Developing Nonverbal Interaction:
Desirous nonverbal interaction depends on your capacity to govern stress, realize your own feelings, and interpret the signals you send and get. When interacting:
- Concentrate on the opposite person. If you are daydreaming, or imagining about few other things, you may miss few specific nonverbal signals and other subtleties in the communication.
- Make eye contact. Eye contact is of paramount importance in body language as it provides positive or negative impression on people and let people capture the other person’s attention.
- Stay attentive to nonverbal signals you set and get, such as facial expression, voice tone, physical gestures and postures, the time slot, touch as well as place of interaction.
Skill #4: Stay Humorous and Learn to Live With Challenges to Boost Your Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
Natural antidotes such as humor, laughter and play are known as a cure for life’s difficulties; they lessen life’s complexities keeping everything in view. By staying humorous and learning to live with challenges you can boost your emotional intelligence (EQ). A hearty laugh eliminates stress, escalates mood, and accumulates equilibrium in nervous system. Playful Interaction widens your emotional intelligence and assists you:
- Take hardships in stride. By letting you watch the emotional imbalances like frustrations and grief from new angle, laughter and humor let you to survive annoyances, tough times, and lapses.
- Smooth over differences. Using simple and soft humor often lets you say things that might be otherwise hard to communicate without launching a flutter.
- Relax and rejuvenate simultaneously. Playful interaction emits fatigue and soothes your body, which lets you to regain and accumulate more.
- Become extra imaginative. When you loosen up from the rigid ways thinking and behaving, lets you become imaginative and see things in a creative way.
How to Enhance Playful Communication:
It’s never too late to improve and entrench the humorous space inside.
- Set regular and quality play time which is funny. The more you stay humorous, the easier it turns.
- Practice staying with people who know and appreciate playful banter such as small babies, young people, pet animals etc.
Skill #5: Resolve Conflicts Positively to Enhance Your Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
Disagreements and confusion are often seen in relationships. By resolve the conflicts positively you can enhance your emotional intelligence (EQ). No two individuals possibly possess identical requirements, opinions, goals at all time. However, it is not a worse situation to be worried. Realizing the conflict and resolving the same, influences both sides and makes the relation stronger. When the conflict is not seen as punishing or fearful, it blossoms creativity, safety and imaginative mood in relationships.
Managing the disagreements fruitfully in a positive and confidence building method, accompanied by the previous four prescribed skills is a great way to become emotionally intelligent (EQ). Stay emotionally attentive and know how to conquer stress as well as well-interact non verbally. You will be armored well to handle the situations powered by negative impact of emotions and modify many things before they grow more.Humble yourself and spread positive responses and reactions to enhance the lifestyle of the young people and the others in every part of the globe.
Key Techniques for Eliminating Conflict in a Trust Building Process:
- Look constantly at present and focus on it. When you do not cling to the old and bad situations that have already happened, the ability of realizing the reality of every situation and make it as the special opportunity to relax and solve the new offer to hold new feelings about disagreements.
- Choose your arguments. Arguments are generally waste time and energy and winning the same in turn lets you lose a person in your friends’ list or acquaintances list. Realize the need and then only try to argue.
- Forgive. Your friends and acquaintances may speak harsh and painful in the past. Forgive that person and their behavior to lead happy life. Give up punishing the people who harm you.
- End conflicts that never get resolved. Not one person, but there should be two people to argue. You can quit the conflict or disengaging the situations.
Follow these key skills to reunite the senses well and offers an excellent equilibrium among the emotional intelligence (EQ) and academic intellectual ability.