Hysingla ER or hydrocodone can be addictive even at normal doses. Do not share your dosage with another person, particularly those with a record of drug addiction or abuse. Store hysingla ER or hydrocodone where people cannot find it. Giving away or selling of this drug is prohibited and is a crime.
Hysingla ER or hydrocodone can mix with other drugs and lead to a severe condition known as Serotonin Syndrome. Your doctor should be aware if you are taking other medications for migraine headaches, mental problems, depression, Parkinson's illness, and severe infections or for preventing vomiting and nausea. Notify your doctor before altering your dosage intake.
How Effective is Hysingla ER?
Hysingla ER or hydrocodone is an opioid or narcotic pain medicine. Hysingla ER or hydrocodone is an extended release type of hydrocodone that is continuously used to effectively treat serious pain. Is not used on an as required basis.
Hysingla ER or hydrocodone may halt or reduce your breathing. Do not use it in excess or longer than prescribed. Never open, break or crush the extended release tablet. Take it whole to prevent exposure to a probable deadly dosage. Hysingla ER or hydrocodone can be addictive even at normal doses. Do not share your dose with another person, particularly those with a record of drug addiction or abuse. Store this drug where people cannot find.
- Do not take hysingla ER or hydrocodone when you have serious breathing issues or asthma, or blocked intestines or stomach.
- Hysingla ER or hydrocodone can cause fatal symptoms to unborn baby. Inform your doctor and do not use this medicine when pregnant.
- Death or severe side effects may appear when you mix hysingla ER or hydrocodone with alcohol. Do not take alcohol when using this medicine.
People who are allergic to hysingla ER or hydrocodone should not use it; or if you have:
- Stomach blockage known as paralytic ileus
- Serious breathing issues or asthma.
To be safe with hysingla ER or hydrocodone, inform your doctor if you have;
- Kidney or liver complications
- Any form of lung illness or breathing issues
- A record of seizures, brain tumor or head injury
- Problems with urinating
- Blocked intestines or stomach
- A record of mental illness, alcohol intake or drug abuse.
- Heart rhythm problem known as long QT syndrome
- Problems with your pancreas, gallbladder or thyroid
- When taking tranquilizer medications such as alprazolam, diazepam, lorazepam, klonopin, ativan, tranxene, restoril, xanax, versed and others.
It is not established whether hysingla ER or hydrocodone can hurt your unborn child. Taking hysingla ER or hydrocodone while pregnant may lead to the unborn child dependency on that drug. This can lead to fatal withdrawal signs in the infant post birth. Children born with this dependency on drugs may require treatment for some weeks. Your doctor should know if you are or planning to get pregnant.
Hysingla ER or hydrocodone can mix with breast milk and may hurt your nursing child. Do not breastfeed when using this medication.
What are the Recommended Dosage of Hysingla ER?
General Adult Dosage of Hysingla ER or Hydrocodone for Alleviating Pain:
The use of this medicine must only be prescribed by a qualified and certified doctor who knows the usage of powerful narcotics in alleviating severe pain.
Initial dosage: Administer orally 10 milligrams in every 12 hours.
Titration: The dosage amount to be enlarged at 10 milligrams orally in every 12 hours between 3 to 7 days of intake to attain sufficient analgesia. Hysingla ER or hydrocodone use should be changed to a dosage that gives enough analgesia and reduces severe reactions. Patients must be checked regularly to evaluate the sustainability of pain control and prevalence of serious side effects as well as looking at the increase of addiction, misuse or abuse. Patients with advancing pains may need increase in dosage or a rescue drug with correct dosage of the immediate release analgesic.
In case of serious side effects the dosage amount will be reduced. The dosage amount should be changed to attain correct balance in pain management and serious side effects.
Maximum dosage: Each hysingla ER or hydrocodone dosage larger than 40 or 50 milligrams, or a daily dosage larger than 80 milligrams are only for people in who have been confirmed to have tolerance to narcotics of equivalent strength.
Approved indication: This medicine hysingla ER or hydrocodone is approved for managing serious pain which needs daily and around the clock narcotic long term treatment in situations where other treatment options have not been successful or are not enough.
What are the Side Effects of Hysingla ER?
Seek emergency medical assistance if you experience allergic reactions to hysingla ER or hydrocodone; like breathing difficulty, hives or swelling if your tongue, face, throat and lips.
Stop your hysingla ER or hydrocodone intake immediately and inform your doctor if you have the below severe side effects of it:
- Burning or pain when urinating
- Peripheral or weak breathing
- Shaking, confusion or serious drowsiness
- Skipping menstrual periods or infertility
- Fainting and light headed feeling
- Lack of interest in having sex, sexual issues, impotency
- Symptoms of low cortisol amounts such as vomiting, nausea, lack of appetite, escalating fatigue or weakness.
Get medical help immediately if you suffer signs of serotonin syndromes like hallucinations, agitation, shivering, fever, sweating, twitching, stiff muscles, vomiting, and nausea, lack of coordination or diarrhea.
Hysingla ER or hydrocodone has a high probability of causing breathing complications in elderly patients, seriously sick people, malnourished or incapacitated patients.
Common side effects of hysingla ER or hydrocodone can include;