Coming to speak about acne, which everyone had come across during teenage period, the actual cause for it lives on the skin. Additionally, according to the researchers at the Washington University School of Medicine confirmed that both good and bad bacteria determine the severity of the occurrence of acne.
According to the research, not all the bacteria living on the skin or the acne-causing bacteria trigger pimples. The study further identified that the good bacteria is helpful in maintaining healthy skin.
The report further states that there is a need to investigate thoroughly and immediately for a non-antibiotic treatment due to the concern that long-term use of antibiotic causes bacterial resistance. Furthermore, it provides the opportunity to customize the treatment based on the inputs given by the patient.
Which is the Bacteria that Causes Acne?
Propionibacterium acnes is the bacteria that lives within the oily pore of the hair follicle. It possesses the power to aggravate the response to the growth of the acne to severity, and cause red and swollen bumps on the skin.
Acne, as we know, is a skin condition that results in whiteheads, pimples, cysts, blackheads, and nodules. Although not dangerous, acne does leave scars. The pores present in the skin help in maintaining good health by bringing out the dead cells through the oil developed by the oil glands. Acne occurs when there is a blockage of the pores.
The contribution of the Propionibacterium bacteria and other factors tend to affect the severity factor of acne. However, according to research, the frequency and occurrence of the acne are due to the strain of the bacteria. It means that not all bacteria living on the skin are responsible for causing acne.
Apart from the Propionibacterium bacteria, the other factors that support the growth of acne or are responsible for the development include:
- Hormonal change where there is an excessive increase in the androgen level within the body, which happens during the puberty period.
- Use of medicines that contain lithium and androgen, which are prone to trigger Propionibacterium bacteria.
- Use of cosmetics, as they contain greasy ingredients that stop the oil from removing the dead skin cells.
- Emotional stress too has its share of effect on adding acne, as there is an excessive secretion by oil glands under such a scenario.
- Females, especially teenagers, experience acne during their menstruation period.
As we have a clear idea about the bacteria that is causing acne, it is time to act on it to prevent the spread of acne to different parts of the face, neck, shoulders, and chest. Understanding the symptoms in the first place will help in choosing the correct treatment according to the skin type, which makes it possible to kill the Propionibacterium bacteria, the reason behind the acne development on the skin. Consult a dermatologist today and speak clearly to ensure that you will obtain the chance to maintain a healthy skin without acne and scar in the future.
- Quick Ways to Get Rid of Acne Scars
- What Causes Acne on Back and Shoulders & How to Get Rid of it?
- Types of Acne on Chin & Ways to Get Rid of it
- Can Herbal Blood Purifiers Help Get Rid of Acne?
- Causes of Acne in Women After the Teen Years