No one likes to have a face studded with multiple marks, which are usually the by-products of acute acne. Acne scars are the most unruly marks that get left behind on the skin regardless of you having a pimple-free face. While pimples can be treated with the help of multiple creams or home remedies and local ingredients with anti bacterial properties, acne scars tend to get a bit rigid and difficult to remove. Acne scars are quite stubborn and may not necessarily leave without a fight. Therefore, skin primers, foundations and concealers come to a woman's rescue. But men just have to make do with quick-fix solutions if they want to get rid of acne scars.
Quick Ways to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Getting rid of acne scars, as mentioned earlier, will not be an easy task. While your peers and family members may swear by overnight remedies, there are chances it may only provide a temporary solution to a persistent problem. Hence, slow treatment with regular usage of a product can eradicate it from the root. Natural bleaching agents like lemon juice or scrubs work wonders in getting rid of acne scars however their timelines can be a month long wait till you flaunt a flawless skin tone.
Even though visiting a dermatologist is the ideal thing to do in this situation, it can get a bit taxing on your pockets, considering they host you and charge you per visit. However, the ancient remedy of ayurveda or local ingredients has proven to be quite efficient in helping you deal with acne scars on a budget. Long-lasting and extremely effective, here are a few home remedies to help you get rid of acne scars quickly.
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Besides adding a zesty flavor to your food and working wonders for your nails during a manicure, lemon juice is a beneficial ingredient to help treat acne scars. Lemon juice serves as a bleaching and lightening agent that reduces the scar by alleviating the dark acne scar till it becomes miniscule or non-existent.
All you need to do is squeeze half a lemon in a bowl and apply it on the affected area in circular motions with a slight massage. It may cause a tingling sensation or it could burn slightly - but in actuality, it has already started working on removing the dreaded acne scar. It is among the best and quickest remedies to deal with such scars. When you use lemon juice, your skin feels refreshed and is ready to conquer the world in a brand new avatar. All you need to take care of staying away from the sun rays as lemon makes your skin sensitive and the presence of harsh UV rays on your skin might just cause sun burns.
How to Make a Lemon Juice Mask to Get Rid of Acne Scars?
Lemon juice masks are easy to make and they lighten the scars as well as clear your skin from freckles and pimples. Here are few ingredients you can add to the lemon juice to make them less inflammatory:
- You can add a tablespoon of honey to lemon juice and apply it with a help of a cotton swab or use your finger tips and leave it for 30 minutes and then wash your face thoroughly with lukewarm water. While lemon acts as a bleaching agent, honey plays the role of a natural moisturizer, leaving your skin supple and soft.
- If not honey, a bit of curd with lemon juice works wonders when applied as a face pack on the scars to lighten them. All you need to do is mix two tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice in a bowl of curd and apply it on the affected area on your face and neck. Leave the mask untouched for around 30 to 40 minutes till it becomes a bit hard. Wash your face and neck thoroughly with lukewarm water.
Aloe Vera for Acne Scars
Growing aloe vera at home is one of the most beneficial things you can do, as the plant is extremely valuable for daily usage. While it can be a great way to improve digestion and improve skin health if eaten, the aloe vera gel one obtains after cutting a branch helps in lightening acne scars. The plant's healing properties treat the broken tissues and repair them, while also cleansing the pores and eradicating unpleasant pimple marks. In fact, one of the quick ways to get rid of acne scar is to apply aloe vera gel as they are the best way to treat excess pimples as they balance oil secretion on your face and revive pores.
Olive Oil Massage Can Help Get Rid of Acne Scars Quickly
Acne scars can be extremely rigid when you have to get rid of them, hence the skin needs to be massaged thoroughly so that it tightens the pores and cleanses your skin, thus warding off the dead residue of the scar. Talking of massages for acne scars, one must always consider using olive oil for this purpose as the oil contains essential vitamins that not only lighten and moisturize the skin but also evens the skin tone. It also treats freckles and existing pimples, too.
How to Apply Olive Oil on Your Face to Treat or Remove Acne Scars?
- The easiest way to apply olive oil is to dip a cotton ball in it and apply the oil on the affected area while moving the cotton swab in circular motions
- In case you wish to massage your face with the oil, take a few drops and move your finger tips across your face and especially on the scar in circular motions. Ensure the motion of your massage is anti-clockwise and leave your face untouched overnight. The oil proves its worth with an overnight healing regime. In the morning, after washing your face with an oil-free face wash, you will be greeted by soft supple skin
- Try this remedy every alternate day and within a month you will notice glowing skin
Raw Tomato-An Effective Home Remedy to Get Rid of Acne Scars Quickly
The market these days has many natural scrubs that help in eradicating acne scars, however, ingredients in the kitchen are a cost-effective alternative to treat the same issue. Tomatoes that are rich in lycopene and contain a high amount of anti-oxidants prove to be a great and easy home remedy to treat acne scars. The lycopene acts as a bleaching agent and removes the scars with regular usage.
How to Use Tomatoes for Acne Scars?
- The easiest way to use raw tomatoes is to cut a slice of it and scrub your face with the juice and pulp, especially on the affected area
- Leave the pulp to dry on your face for at least 30 minutes and then wash your skin thoroughly with lukewarm water
- You may feel a tingling sensation, but avoid scratching your face. In fact, you must avoid stepping out of the house for a couple of hours as the juice needs to work its magic on your skin.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar in Removing Acne Scars
Apple Cider Vinegar is known as a potent disinfectant. It contains acidic properties that I are naturally antiseptic and does wonders for your skin. While many consume apple cider vinegar for weight loss and to accelerate metabolism, the vinegar can be used for external purposes too. The beneficial minerals, vitamins, anti-oxidant properties and the amino acids in the vinegar make it an ideal bleach for your scars which on regular usage treat your skin without causing burns or leave rashes.
How to Apply Apple Cider Vinegar on Your Face?
There are two ways to apply apple cider vinegar on your face:
- You can always mix a tablespoon of the vinegar in warm water, and with the help of a cotton ball, massage your face with the mixture. Leave it for at least 15 minutes and then wash your face with cold water. Repeat this exercise twice a day for a month to see results.
- You can also mix Apple Cider Vinegar with honey and apply it as a face mask. Leave your face untouched for at least an hour and then wash it off with warm water. Practice this regime every alternate day for a month and soon your face will have a flawless glow on it. You can kiss those acne scars goodbye.
While all these are just few remedies that have been tried and tested and proven to be beneficial, there are few practices one needs to follow otherwise too to avoid acne scars:
- Consume at least 3 liters of water daily to flush out all the toxins from your body.
- For those suffering from a bad bout of acne, switch your soap with an oil free non-alcoholic face wash.
- Wash your face at least twice a day and moisturize your face with a water-based cream every night.
- Wipe your face with clean towels and never share your personal face wipes with anyone.
These practices on a daily basis, including the above mentioned home remedies, are sure to treat your acne scars and remove them quickly.