Metabolism is the process by which your body produces and balances energy for various body functions. Metabolism is likely to slow down with growing age. However, with proper dietary choices and regular physical activity, you can boost your metabolism. Know what foods will speed up metabolism and burn fat quickly.
What Foods Will Speed Up Metabolism & Burn Fat Quickly?
Good metabolism is the key to good health. Presently, a greater number of illnesses are increasing mainly due to problems in metabolism. Ranging from genetics and hormonal malfunctions to stress and less outflow of calories, many factors are responsible for slowing down the metabolism. However, certain foods can boost your metabolism and keep your fit. Know the foods that speed up metabolism to include them in your daily diet and keep some lifestyle disorders at bay.
List of foods that will speed up metabolism and burn fat quickly are as follows:
Almonds & Other Nuts
- Nuts are always a good nutritional supplement and top the list of foods that will speed metabolism and burn fat quickly.
- Full with proteins and minerals the fat contents of nuts, especially the almonds is a good source of essential fatty acids.
- Nuts like walnuts, Brazil nuts, peanut or peanut butter, cashew nuts, pistachios including almonds contain rich amount of fibre, which helps you feel full for longer time.
- Thus, you will consume less amount of calories in form of carbohydrates.
- Nuts maintain a stable blood sugar level because of its low glycaemic load and therefore decrease your hunger for consuming more sucrose in form of sugar or carbonated drinks.
- It is understood from the supplied data out of research and survey found in many studies that consumption of nuts for 19 weeks increases the energy by 11%, which results in boosting your metabolism.
- Your body burns twice as many calories while breaking down whole grains which are rich in fibre. For example oatmeal and brown rice burn more calories than processed foods.
- Taking whole grains like oats etc. will stay you off from hunger and will not let you feel starving as it is said it takes more energy to digest.
- Include whole grain foods like buckwheat, bulgur, millet, popcorn, wild rice etc. speed metabolism and burn fat quickly.
- In addition, whole grain foods stabilise the insulin level by releasing carbs slowly and also helps prevent fat storage.
- Green tea is now considered the healthiest alternative in the world.
- It is one of the most popular foods that will speed up metabolism and burn fat quickly, also resulting in weight loss.
- Rich in antioxidants that actively fight harmful free radicals it helps to burn more calories thus boost metabolism.
- It is found that drinking three cups a day of green tea can easily burn up to 80 calories. If green tea consumed after or before work out it helps to burn fat more effectively.
- It contains many substantial elements like catechin polyphenols or epigallocatechin etc. that stimulates the nervous system without elevating the heart rate; therefore, it actually increases fat burning process.
- Egg whites, which are rich in branched-chain amino acids are one of the important foods that will speed up metabolism and burn fat quickly.
- So the useful nutrient keeps you full for a long time and prevent you from taking any other carbs or fats. It also offers you with plenty of proteins to keep your body fit and strong.
Omega-3 Fatty Foods
- Consumption of foods those are highly contained in Omega-3 fatty acids is a great way to speed up your metabolism and burn fat quickly.
- Omega-3 fatty acids increase the secretion of leptin, which helps to increase metabolism.
- Many foods like Mackerel, Salmon, Tuna, Salmon Fish Oil, Cod Liver Oil including Walnuts, Macadamias, Hemp oil and flax seed oil etc. are a good and natural source of Omega-3 essential fatty acids.
- Olive oil too is known to give you the boost.
Beans & Celery
- Beans have a very positive effect on boosting metabolism. It is a slow carb diet and therefore certainly effective with the slow-burning properties to speed up metabolism.
- To make a great side dish in your lunches and dinners, beans are ideal. Bean can easily be added to soups which make you feel full.
- Celery is considered to be a typical thermo-genic dietary food and a time-tested metabolism booster.
- Although it is not so much popular, but it is highly effective to speed up your metabolism and burn fat quickly.
Foods With Full of B Vitamins
- Foods like spinach and other cruciferous vegetables for example cabbage, Brussels, sprouts, broccoli, and cauliflower are good and perhaps the best natural source of Vitamin B.
- These nutritious foods can speed up metabolism and burn fat quickly.
- Deficiency of minerals like iron slows down metabolism. Lean meat is full of protein and iron, thus increasing the metabolic rate.
- Consumption of lean meats like chicken breast, turkey breast combined with exercise ca help speed up metabolism.
- Asparagus is commonly known as a negative calorie food to the dieticians.
- Rich in nutrient it is delicious and therefore popular as a supplementary diet because of its low calorie contents. It is a great diet next to lean meat.
- Include it in your diet to speed up metabolism and burn fat quickly.