The seeds and the leaves of the amazing herb fenugreek has been used since ages. It has made its special place in many cuisines and also as an effective home remedy. This article discusses about the 7 amazing benefits of using fenugreek seeds for your skin and hair.
7 Amazing Skin & Hair Health Benefits Of Using Fenugreek Seeds
Conventionally, fenugreek seeds have been used as a compelling hair potion and as a condiment for promoting good health, but different researchers have proved that it has many more benefits. Apart from controlling diabetes and enhancing the flavor of dishes, fenugreek seeds have many benefits for your skin and hair also.
Here are 7 amazing benefits of using fenugreek seeds for your skin and hair:
Helps In Preventing Acne:
Anyone can suffer from acne, especially teenagers. Try fenugreek seeds to deal with the situation as they are very beneficial to get rid of acne. This is one of the 7 amazing benefits of using fenugreek seeds for your skin and hair. Fenugreek contains a compound called diosgenin which possesses antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties help the skin to fight against acne.
How to Use Fenugreek Seeds to Prevent Acne:
- Take four tablespoons of fenugreek seeds soaked overnight and four cups of water.
- Add water in fenugreek seeds and let it boil for fifteen minutes.
- Now strain the water from it and let it cool normally.
- To use this, take a cotton ball and dab it into that water and apply on your face.
- Apply this twice a day on your face. Keep the extra water in the fridge.
Moisturizes Your Skin:
Fenugreek seeds have natural oil, mucus and fats which help in nourishing and moisturizing your skin and makes it glowing. One of the 7 amazing benefits of using fenugreek seeds for your skin and hair is that they moisturize your skin. The slippery texture of fenugreek seeds moisturizes your skin and prevents the skin from getting dry.
How to Use Fenugreek Seeds to Moisturize Your Skin:
- Take one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds powder and one tablespoon of water.
- Mix both the ingredients properly and make a smooth paste.
- Use cotton for applying this on your face and neck area.
- Leave this pack for half an hour and wash it off with normal water.
Fights with Signs of Aging:
Fenugreek possesses many amazing skin benefits. One of the 7 amazing benefits of using fenugreek seeds for your skin and hair they can fight signs of aging and wrinkles. Germinated fenugreek seeds battle with free radicals and show a considerable quantity of antioxidant activity which helps delay the aging process. On the other hand, there is lactic acid in curd which exfoliates your skin and makes it softer and smoother.
How to Use Fenugreek Seeds to Fight Skin Aging
- Take one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds that are soaked overnight and one tablespoon of plain curd.
- Grind both the ingredients for making a smooth paste.
- Now apply this on all your face and neck area. Do avoid eye area. Keep it for around 30 minutes, then wash off with cold or normal water.
Makes Your Hair Shiny:
An amazing benefit of using fenugreek seeds for your skin and hair is that fenugreek hair mask can help you get smooth and shiny hair. Fenugreek seeds have lecithin which is an emulsifying substance. After soaking it in the water whole night, a slippery substance is produced by the seeds which give shine to your hair.
How to Use Fenugreek Seeds for Shiny Hair:
- Take two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and one cup of water.
- Now soak the fenugreek seeds in boiling water for overnight.
- Grind the soaked fenugreek seeds and make a smooth paste.
- Massage this paste gently on all your scalp.
- Leave this paste for a good 30 minutes and then wash it off with normal water.
Helps In Preventing Hair Loss:
One of the 7 amazing benefits of using fenugreek seeds for your skin and hair is that with regular use, you can get stronger hair and get rid of hair fall. The medicinal properties in fenugreek seeds help in promoting the growth of your hair. These seeds are a very good source of nicotinic acid and protein that prevent hair breakage and strengthen the shaft of the hair.
How to Use Fenugreek Seeds to Prevent Hair Loss:
- Take one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds and one cup of coconut oil.
- Place both the ingredients into a mason jar and seal that jar.
- Keep it in a cool, dry and dark place for 3 weeks.
- Now strain the oil and use it as your regular hair massage oil.
Helps In Preventing Premature Graying Of The Hair:
Nowadays premature graying of hair has become a very common problem for all, including young people. But, one of the 7 amazing benefits of using fenugreek seeds for your skin and hair is that with regular use of fenugreek seeds you can prevent premature graying of hair. Fenugreek seeds have the properties which help hair preserve its pigment. It helps in delaying of gray hair.
Dandruff is a very common problem, especially with dryness and in winter season. Many treatments are available for dandruff but using fenugreek seeds is very easy and effective. One of the 7 amazing benefits of using fenugreek seeds for your skin and hair is they are very effective for dermatitis and dry scalp. Dandruff mainly occurs due to fungal infection or a dry scalp. Fenugreek seeds moisturize your hair and remove dryness which prevents dandruff. Try fenugreek seeds in your daily hair and skin care routine and see the magical results.
These are the 7 amazing benefits of using fenugreek seeds for your skin and hair. You can use them in the right way to reap the benefits and get shiny hair and a healthy, glowing skin.
- Health Benefits of Methi or Fenugreek Seeds & its Side Effects
- Do Methi (Fenugreek Seeds) Help your Skin & Hair?