Since ancient times yogurt has been an important part of diet. Yogurt has also made its way even into the eating habits of the western world. Yogurt is known as the cure for every type of digestive disorder. But that’s not all; it has many benefits for your skin and hair too. This article deals with 10 benefits of yogurt for healthy skin and hair.
10 Ways to Use Yogurt for Skin and Hair Health
Apart from its benefits for the health, yogurt also plays an important role in the betterment of your skin and hair health.
Here are the 10 ways of using yogurt for healthy skin and hair.
Acts As A Moisturizer:
One of the benefits of yogurt for healthy skin and hair is that it can moisturize your skin. In case your skin is demanding for moisture, you can apply a face pack made out of yogurt as it will help to defoliate your skin cells thereby rejuvenating your skin.
Ways to Use Yogurt to Moisturize Your Skin:
- Take around four tablespoon of yogurt.
- Mix into it one tablespoon of cocoa and honey each
- Add all the ingredients in the bowl and mix the batter till it thickens. Now apply this mixture on your face and neck and let it dry for about half an hour. Now rinse your face with cold water and relish the changes in your skin. Yogurt increases the moisture of the skin area on which it is applied thereby helping to increase the elasticity of the skin, providing brightness to it.
Yogurt Helps To Reduces Wrinkles And The Fine Lines On Your Face:
Nobody prefers the presence of wrinkles on their skin, which is a natural phenomenon which is a sign of aging. However, applying yogurt on your skin can help you to reduce the wrinkles and the aging lines which mar your face. This too is one of the 10 benefits of yogurt for healthy skin and hair.
Ways to Use Yogurt to Get Rid of Wrinkles from Face:
- Take two tablespoons of yogurt
- Mix into it one tablespoon of oats
- Once you have mixed all the ingredients, stir the batter till it becomes mushy. Now gently apply this on your face and neck and rub the pack slowly on in circular motions. Let it dry for around fifteen minutes and then rinse the mixture with cold water. Yogurt is rich in lactic acid which helps to exfoliate the skin. It helps in the removal of the top layer of the dead cells thereby rejuvenating your skin.
Ways to Use Yogurt To Combat Acne:
Yogurt is perceived as an excellent remedy to fight against acne and other skin related problems, which is one of the most popular benefits of yogurt for healthy skin and hair. Apply plain yogurt on your face daily and witness the change in your skin.
- Take one tablespoon of yogurt
- You will need a few cotton balls
- With the help of cotton balls, apply yogurt on your skin. Once you have used one cotton ball, dispose it. It may contain the germs which upon application to another part of your face may lead to the generation of acne there as well. Keep the mixture for a night and then wash your face in the morning. Yogurt contains a high content of lactic acid and zinc both of which acts as an excellent cure for acne and other skin related problems.
Using Yogurt to Reduce the Pigmentation and the Formation of Blemishes on Skin:
One of the 10 benefits of yogurt for healthy skin and hair is that it can help reduce pigmentation and blemishes. Acne and pimples often leave behind them such scars which do not fade away easily. Yogurt is considered as an excellent option to help to reduce the pigmentation and fades away the blemishes on the skin. Add a few drops of lemon juice to the mixture and witness the change with your own eyes.
- Take one tablespoon of yogurt
- Add to it half teaspoon of lemon juice
- Mix yogurt with a few drops of lemon juice in a bowl. Now apply this pack on your affected areas. Do not use it anywhere close to your eyes or it might result in terrible stinging. Keep the mixture for fifteen minutes and then rinse off the mixture. Yogurt is rich in lactic acid, the presence of which helps yogurt to reduce the blemishes and pigmentation on skin. Lactic acid leads to the removal of the top layer of the dead skins thereby promoting the formation of new pigment-free skin.
It Aids In The Reduction Of Dark Circles:
Dark circles can be caused due to numerous reasons; sleepless nights and heredity can be two of the many reasons behind it. The application of yogurt can effectively help in the reduction of dark circles, which is one of the best benefits of yogurt for healthy skin and hair.
How to Use Yogurt to Get Rid of Dark Circles:
- Take one teaspoon of yogurt
- You may need cotton balls
- Dip the cotton balls in the yogurt. With the aid of the cotton balls, apply the yogurt on the regions of your dark circle. Let it dry for around thirty minutes and then rinse of the mixture. Yogurt possesses anti-inflammatory properties which helps to reduce the puffiness under your eyes whereas the lactic acid present in it helps to fade away the dark circles.
It Helps To Cure Skin Infections:
Various skin infections like athletes’ foot or ringworm can be easily treated by applying yogurt. As one of the 10 benefits of yogurt for healthy skin and hair, this is indeed as useful home remedy for skin infections.
- Take one teaspoon of yogurt
- You may need a gauze
- Take a small amount of yogurt in a bowl and with the help of gauze apply it on the affected area. Now continue to use this mixture twice a day till your skin infection gets cured. Yogurt possesses probiotics which help to fight against the pathogens which cause the various skin infections.
It Provides Relief Against Sunburns:
Sunburns are mainly caused as a result of the harmful UV rays from the sun. These ultra-violet rays affect the skin, damaging it, thereby resulting in the formation of blisters. One of the benefits of yogurt for healthy skin and hair is that it greatly to treat the sunburned regions. The application of yogurt on the sun burnt areas provides a cooling effect on the areas. It possesses a high content of zinc and amazing anti-inflammatory properties.
It Helps To Condition The Hair:
The continued use of chemicals on your face can lead to several hair related problems. It is about time that you switch to the natural methods by which you can increase the glory of your hair. Yogurt provides conditioning to your hair and makes it frizzy-free.
Ways to Use Yogurt to Condition the Hair:
- You need two tablespoons of yogurt
- Mix into it two tablespoons Aloe Vera gel
- Add to it two tablespoons of coconut oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and prepare a mixture. Apply the mixture on your hair strands and keep it to dry for at least one hour. Now rinse it with your shampoo. Since yogurt possesses moisturizing properties, it aids in the repair and removal of the dead and damaged hair cells. Its application makes will make your hair highly conditioned and nourished. This is one of the important benefits of yogurt for healthy skin and hair.
It Helps In The Reduction Of Hair Fall
Hair fall can be triggered due to many reasons. One of the basic reasons can be that your hair is not receiving the required nourishment. But one of the benefits of yogurt for healthy skin and hair that it can offer the required nutrients to your hair thus helping to reduce hair fall.
Ways to Use Yogurt to Reduce Hair Fall:
- You will need half a cup of yogurt
- Mix into it three tablespoons of ground fenugreek seeds
- Once you have mixed all the ingredients together, with the help of a brush apply this mixture on your hair strands. Leave it on for an hour and then rinse it off with your shampoo. Yogurt possesses vitamin D and B5 which provides nourishment to the hair follicles. Thus yogurt helps to stop hair loss.
It Helps To Fight Against Dandruff:
Most people suffer from the dandruff, which is quite annoying and embarrassing. However, one of the 10 benefits of yogurt for healthy skin and hair is that it can be used to treat dandruff.
Half a cup of yogurt.
Massage the yogurt into your scalp. Apply yogurt on your scalp and then let it to dry for at least twenty minutes and then rinse it off with your shampoo. Dandruff is mainly caused due to the presence of fungus in the hair scalp. Yogurt possesses such properties which fight against fungus thereby helping to reduce the production of flaky skin.
Some Other Ways By Which Yogurt Can Add To Your Beauty:
- Yogurt can be used to moisturize your dry hands.
- The application of yogurt on your nails helps to increase their shine.
- A yogurt massage is beneficial to help treat cracked heels.
- Brushing your teeth with yogurt can help to increase their whiteness.
- Mix yogurt into your hair or face pack and then witness its benefits.
So, these are the 10 ways to use yogurt for healthy skin and hair. Add this magical ingredient in your beauty regime and enjoy healthy skin and hair.