Are you suffering from clogged sinuses or is it there is congestion in chest or want to have some relief from the head congestion? Why not try out one of the most effective home remedy for cough, cold, and the sinuses? In this current article today, we will be discussing about one of the most wonderful ways to treat such conditions in the most natural way with a therapy named steam inhalation for the cold and the irritable sinuses. We will talk about the various wonders of steam inhalation along with its additional therapeutic benefits of inhaling steam when reinforced with the essential oils in the following array of the article.
What Is Steam Inhalation and How Is It Done?
Steam inhalation involves the introduction of warm and moist air into the lungs through the nose and the throat and thus allowing the blocked passages to get cleared and provide relief from the congestion. apart from this, steam inhalation is beneficial in improving circulation and more importantly when done with essential oils or certain herbs added to the steam benefits you from eradicating the respiratory ailments in the most miraculous way.
You need a bowl of boiling hot water and keeping your head over it; covering with a towel and keeping eyes closed. you need to make sure steam or the warm moist air does not reach your eyes and take deep breath while doing steam inhalation. there are also electric steam inhalers that one can buy over the counter or on any of the popular e-commerce websites. all you need to do is add water to the electric steam inhalers up to the level indicated on it and plug it on.
Wonders of Steam Inhalation or Benefits of Inhaling Steam!
Here below are some of the most crucial therapeutic benefits of steam inhalation. Please note down the list of wonders of this therapy of steam inhalation and the additional benefits of inhaling steam with essential oils which are listed below.
Wonders of Steam Inhalation in Eradicating Various Respiratory Ailments:
The most common and major benefit seen through the natural steam inhalation therapy is its wonderful way of treating the respiratory problems or complications generated with the common cold, sinuses, blocked nose, flu, bronchitis, asthma etc. the warm and moist air while inhaling with this process of steam inhalation, assist you in clearing the nose and the throat. inhaling steam is thus known to be beneficial in clearing throat irritation, clearing blocked nose, problems of breathing and other noted inflammations.
Benefits of Steam Inhalation in Improving Circulation:
Body’s blood vessels start dilating when the body’s temperature increases. This further helps in an enhanced blood flow and a better circulation of the blood. A better circulation is known to be beneficial in treatment of headaches and migraines. Thus the benefits or the wonders of steam inhalation are also extended towards the improved circulation and treating migraines and serious headaches. Rise in body temperature can also be beneficial in stimulating the immune system and increasing the immune power in fighting against the germs.
Wonders or Benefits of Steam Inhalation as a Natural Expectorant:
An expectorant aids in increasing the amount of secretion and thus clearing the secretion and lubricating the respiratory passages. Thus, inhaling steam works as a great natural expectorant and is beneficial in improving the conditions in lungs and the throat.
Steam Inhalation and its Wonderful Benefits in Cleansing of Pores and Rejuvenation:
Your skin condition gets improved with an improved circulation of the blood. As discussed above that steam inhalation helps in increasing blood circulation, it can also be used as a treatment for pore cleansing and rejuvenation. When added with some natural oils, inhaling steam can work as one of the best wonders to provide you a glowing and young skin.
Additional Therapeutic Benefits of Inhaling Steam with Essential Oils:
It is true that steam inhalation acts as one of the greatest wonders for treating cold, cough and sinuses. However, an addition of certain essential oils to the steam inhaler works as a better therapy for treating various conditions including respiratory issues, congestion, skin improvement etc. Some of the most common essential oils used in steam inhalation include the peppermint, eucalyptus, lavender, camomile, lemongrass, rosemary, fennel etc.
Some Essential Oils for Treating Various Conditions via Steam Inhalation:
- To treat respiratory issues and congestion: Add eucalyptus, peppermint, cedarwood, pine etc in to the steam inhalers and maximize the benefits of these essential oils in treating problems related to respiration and congestion via steam inhalation.
- For relaxation: Add camomile, lemongrass and lavender to the steam inhalers. inhaling the steam of these essential oils is beneficial in relaxing your mind and body.
- For cold: Adding some clove, peppermint, ginger, bay, myrrh, rosemary etc and inhaling its steam can be of benefit in treating common cold.
- For cough: Peppermint, rosemary, cadamom, benzoin, etc.
- For headaches/migraines: Adding the essential oil of camomile and lavendar in your steam inhalation therapy can help relieve headaches and migraine.
- For dry skin: Rosemary, fennel, peppermint, sea buckthorn etc.
- For oily skin: Chamomile, lavender, rosemary, fennel, lemongrass.
Certain Cautions to be Maintained with Steam Inhalation:
- Steam inhalation is not advised for the kids because of the risk of scalding. Though children can have benefits from sitting in a hot or steamy bathroom.
- Excess of hot water in the bowl while doing the steam inhalation can result in burns. so cautions must be taken before going for the steam inhalation therapy.
- Also do not fill water to full when you add few drops of essential oil in to the electric steam inhalers as adding essential oils can cause few drops of water to splash out.
- There are also strict advises from doctors for the pregnant women and the people with high blood pressure not to undergo steam inhalation.
It is good to follow the doctors’ advice in case if you have any kind of health ailments. but, “if something can be treated naturally, let it be natural!” common cold and sinuses can be treated effectively via steam inhalation with essential oils. so, one can try this out at home in case he/she wants to keep away from the medicines.
- How Long Does A Stuffy Nose Last?
- Addiction to Nasal Spray: Treatment & Recovery of Rebound Congestion
- Side Effects of Afrin Nasal Spray in Treating Allergies|Afrin Dependency
- Nasal Congestion: Causes, Treatments, Home Remedies
- How Does Antihistamines and Decongestants Work in Treating Allergies?
- What Can Cause Nasal Obstruction and How is it Treated?