What is Jet Peel?
Jet Peel is a non-invasive procedure that is done to fight the signs of aging, dryness of skin, and acne.
During the Jet Peel procedure, pressurized streams of air pressure are used to penetrate the deeper layers of the skin. It is done to deliver cleansers and serums deep into the skin.
Jet Peel is FDA approved procedure and has gained popularity in recent years. The benefits of the Jet Peel treatment are similar to those of Dermal infusion or HydraFacial.
Jet peels are milder than chemical peels and other harsh treatments and can be done for people with sensitive skin and those with acne and rosacea. It can be performed on any area of the body that requires deep cleansing, smoothening, and hydration. Most commonly Jet Peel facial is done on the face, neck, and hands.
Jet Peel can be recommended for people with the following skin conditions:
Jet Peel Procedure: How Is It Done?
Jet peels use a highly pressurized jet of oxygen to penetrate the dermis layer of the skin and infuse it with cleansers, nutrients, and serums.
During the procedure, the provider cleans the skin with a mixture of oxygen and saline water. Then, depending on the needs of the skin custom serum are provided. The serums include the following options:
- Hyaluronic acid
- Glycolic acid
- Salicyclic acid
- Vitamin C
- B vitamins
After getting a jet peel the face feels fresh and smooth. There would be some redness that would pass away within an hour or so.
It is advised to avoid application of any makeup or serum for at least 6 hours.
Jet peels can be done every 2 to 4 weeks depending on the skin type and other factors. For maximum benefits, 4-5 treatments are required.
Benefits of Jet Peel
Jet peel facial is linked to the following benefits. However, the research supporting it is limited.
- Jet peels deep-cleans the pores and exfoliate the skin, preventing acne.
- They can help deliver the serum containing salicylic acid into the skin, helping with acne management.
Fights the Signs of Aging
- A jet peel can help in fighting the signs of aging such as wrinkles and sun damage.(1)
- It does so by increasing the production of collagen and elastin.
- Jet peels exfoliate the skin and give it a smooth and refreshing feel after the treatment.
- Exfoliation is necessary to reduce the clogged pores and reduce the appearance of scars. It also helps even out the skin tone.
Other than facial and skin benefits the other beneficial properties of jet peel are:
- It helps in effectively delivering minoxidil into the scalp of people with male and female pattern baldness.(2)
- A jet peel can also be effective in delivering anesthesia into the skin.(3)
Side Effects and Precaution with Jet Peel
Jet peel can be safe if administered properly, but just like any procedure has a few side effects related to it.
They can lead to cellulitis, which is an infection of the deep layer of the skin.(4)
Other side effects include:
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Formation of pustules and cysts
Jet peels are not recommended to pregnant females as the skin gets sensitive at this time and ingredients in some serums might be harmful to the baby.
During pregnancy, the females are advised to reduce the usage of cosmetics to avoid the risk of birth complications.(5)
Jet Peel is a non-invasive procedure that uses a jet of air and water to exfoliate the skin. It helps deliver serums deep into the skin. This facial is safe for most people and can be used on those with sensitive skin as well.