Home Remedies For Neurofibromas

Neurofibromas are the commonest benign peripheral nerve sheath tumors. Men and women are equally affected and the age of onset is usually 20- 40 years but the age is highly variable. Usually, they appear as skin color, small, nodules on the skin and origin from any of the major or minor peripheral nerve sheaths. Neurofibromas are comprised of Schwann cells, perineural cells, fibroblasts, and mast cells. There are mainly three types of neurofibromas localized, diffuse and plexiform. The localized is the commonest type, neurofibromas are usually benign but the plexiform type has a small risk of turning into a malignant tumor. 90% of neurofibromas are sporadic cases the remaining 10% is due to neurofibromatosis type 1 or 2.

Home Remedies For Neurofibromas

Home Remedies For Neurofibromas

There are some home remedies for neurofibromas that you can try at home. These may reduce the neurofibromas to some level.

Healthy Diet For Neurofibromas

You should have a healthy diet which should include more vegetables and fruits, moderate amounts of carbohydrates and proteins and less amount of fat when you have neurofibromas. Avoid processed food, artificial food, snacks, and junk food. Whenever you are hungry in between main meals try to have something healthy e.g. an apple or a banana or non-fat yogurt or a whole-grain cracker. There are no specific aggravating factors that can increase the growth of the tumors or any food items that can reduce the growth of the tumors. It is said that the tumors tend to grow more during puberty and pregnancy period which may be attributed to the hormonal changes in the body. Probably the hormones affect the growth of the tumors, more research data is needed to confirm this and to find out if any food items have an effect on the tumors.

Natural Supplements For Neurofibromas

The alkalinity of the body and the removal of toxin can reduce neurofibromas. Natural supplements such as bee propolis, aloe vera, curcumin, and colloidal-silver can reduce neurofibromas.

Bee Propolis: Bee propolis is created by bees and has lots of anti-carcinogenic properties that reverse and stop the development of neurofibromas therefore, effective against treating neurofibromas. It also has properties that can boost up your immune system as well.

Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is an extract from the aloe plant. This aloe vera gel had an immune system boosting properties and it can also attack abnormal cells in the body and eliminate them from the body. (4)

Curcumin: Curcumin is the active component of turmeric and has properties that can shrink and reduce the size of the neuromas even the larger ones. Therefore, it is beneficial for neurofibroma patients. (1)

Colloidal-Silver: It has anti-toxin properties in it.

Regular Exercises For Managing Neurofibromas

Regular exercises are also a part of healthy living, so you need to do regular exercise at least brisk walking for 30 minutes per day. Exercises release endorphins which are natural pain killers in the body. After surgery exercises can increase the blood supply to that area which can promote healthy nerve growth.

Low Alcohol Intake For Managing Neurofibromas

Alcohol can be very toxic to nerves; many studies have shown that excessive alcohol intake can peripheral nerve damage. The mechanism of how alcohol affects the nerves might be due to a reduction in thiamine, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, folate and vitamin E which are essential vitamins in the nerve function. In neurofibroma, there is already a nerve tumor and excess alcohol can damage the nerve function further. (2) (3)

Conclusion

Certain home remedies can be helpful to reduce neurofibromas and symptoms associated with it. You should have a healthy which should include more vegetables and fruits, moderate amounts of carbohydrates and proteins and less amount of fat. Bee propolis, aloe vera, curcumin and colloidal-silver also found to be beneficial in treating neurofibromas. Regular exercises are also a part of healthy living, exercises release endorphins which are natural pain killers in the body. Alcohol can be very toxic to nerves due to a reduction in thiamine, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, folate and vitamin E which are essential vitamins in the nerve function.

References:

Also Read:

Was this article helpful?

Yes No
×

Suggestions to Improve the Article

This article contains incorrect information.

This article does not have the information I am looking for.


I Have a Medical Question.

Ask A Doctor Now

If you are facing a medical emergency, call your local emergency services immediately, or visit the nearest ER or urgent care facility
×

Suggestions to Improve the Article

×

How Did This Article Help?

This Article Did Change My Life!


I Have a Medical Question.

Ask A Doctor Now

If you are facing a medical emergency, call your local emergency services immediately, or visit the nearest ER or urgent care facility
×

Thank you for your feedback.