Weight gain is a common and a major issue experienced by people suffering from hypothyroidism. This condition significantly affects the body's metabolism as well as its ability to use up its calories. Along with a lowered rate of metabolism and weight gain, problems with digestion, heart condition, health of body tissues, and body energy level can also develop in hypothyroidism. While various other symptoms also occur with hypothyroidism, weight gain from hypothyroidism is the commonest one. People often find it difficult to manage weight gain, but natural ways to lose weight with hypothyroidism can help in some cases.
Natural Ways to Lose Weight with Hypothyroidism
Treating hypothyroidism can often involve various complex medical procedures. Ways to lose weight with hypothyroidism often include treating the underlying condition and planning appropriate treatment. However, one can lose weight with hypothyroidism naturally, with much simpler and non-invasive methods.
The following are some completely natural ways to lose weight with hypothyroidism:
- Weight Loss Plan – The most effective natural ways to lose weight with hypothyroidism include planning a proper weight loss program and treatment for hypothyroidism. This usually includes treating the thyroid condition, proper diet and nutrition including iodine rich foods and regular exercise program. While hypothyroidism makes losing weight really hard, some of it can still be lost with proper planning and continuous efforts.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil can effectively regulate the immune system and reduce inflammation, and hence can have a great effect on the thyroid gland. Having raw, virgin coconut oil in a quantity of 3 tablespoons each day can reduce the symptoms of hypothyroidism. The healthy fats of coconut oil stimulate the metabolism and boost your body energy, producing great, positive results. This is one of the best natural ways to lose weight with hypothyroidism.
- Cereal Grasses: Cereal grasses contain a really powerful antioxidant known as super oxidize dismutase, a number of B group vitamins as well as vitamins E and C. These also contain various essential thyroid nutrients like iodine, selenium, and tyrosine, which can help in improvement of the condition and functioning of the thyroid gland. These too can be incorporated in your daily diet as a natural way to lose weight with hypothyroidism.
- Rest: Getting enough rest and sleep is an important factor if you wish to drop some weight. Fatigue is a common problem with thyroid conditions, so adequate sleep can help the body to work better and to improve metabolism, thus helping to lose weight naturally.
- Get out in the Sun: If you usually cannot manage to spend at least 20 minutes under direct sunlight, try to. Your body needs exposure to sunlight in order to synthesize vitamin D, which is an important nutrient for normal production of thyroid hormone. Getting a daily dose of vitamin D is also one of the best natural ways to treat hypothyroidism.
- Avoid Stress: Stress releases cortisol, which in turn initiates a cycle that releases glucose from your tissues. This is when your body gets signaled to store fat, making it difficult to lose weight. As an effective natural way to lose weight with hypothyroidism, it is important to learn to deal with stress. Follow coping strategies and stress management techniques, breathing and relaxation exercises to deal with stress and lose weight naturally.