Infections are very much common in today’s world, isn’t it? Infections are of a different kind depending on the kind of disease or disorder the person is suffering from. Infections are most caused by harmful organisms like – bacteria, fungi, viruses and parasites. Many of these organisms live in our body and some of them are also very much helpful to us. But under certain medical conditions, these organisms can affect the body in a negative manner and result in the spread of disease all over the body.
Ultimately this causes a person to suffer from infection or the uncontrolled growth of harmful microorganisms in a specific area of the body. Some of the infections are easily transferred to another person whereas some of these have no severe effect when someone comes in contact with it.
There can be several causes for the development of infection in your body and therefore it is recommended to visit a doctor immediately as soon as you identify the symptoms. Keep reading the article to know more about the most common infection symptoms and how they can be treated at home.
Symptoms Of An Infection In Your Body and Home Remedies To Get Rid Of It
Some of the harmful organisms or pathogens can spread and develop themselves very quickly. This uncontrolled growth can cause different areas of the body to function in an abnormal manner. The immune system of our body plays a vital role to prevent the pathogens from affecting the body severely.
However, not every pathogen can be countered by the immunity system. There are some adverse effects of infection which ultimately take the life of thousands every year. This is the reason why it is important to understand the symptoms of infection.
In this section, you will be reading about the symptoms and remedies of different types of infections which can affect a person at any time.
Symptoms of Respiratory Infections
Respiratory tract infections are probably one of the most common infections which affect people all over the world. It is a kind of infection that will interfere with normal breathing activities. The sinuses, tonsil and other respiratory tracts are affected by it. Here are the symptoms of a respiratory infection:
- Trouble in normal breathing
- Fever or cold due to blocked sinuses and tonsil
- Pain while swallowing food due to the inflammation of the respiratory tract which affects the food pipe
- A severe headache
- A serious sore throat
- Muscle ache in different areas of the body
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Respiratory Infections
Respiratory infections can be effectively dealt with by using various home remedies. Here are some of the best remedies you can try:
- Drink warm fluids like tea, warm water
- Inhale warm steam or take a hot shower
- Gargle with warm salt water
- Consume one or two tablespoons of honey
- Chew garlic or ginger buds
Symptoms of Skin Infections
Skin infections are common throughout the year due to various reasons. You can get a skin infection from a skin burn, cut or insect bite. Skin infections can spread quickly because of the excessive build-up of harmful germs or pathogens near the affected area. Skin infections can be caused by both bacterial and fungus build up. Here are some symptoms of skin infection.
- Pus or mucus leaking out of a wound or burn
- Redness on the skin accompanied by rashes
- Blisters which are painful
- Inflammation of the skin
- Fever accompanied by muscle pain
- Severe itching
Home Remedies To Get Rid of Skin Infections:
Skin infections if not treated well can spread to other areas of the body and cause serious discomfort in different areas. So here are some brilliant home remedies that will help you get rid of skin infection.
- Apply yogurt over the affected area twice a day
- Mix garlic with clove oil to get rid of inflammation
- Make a turmeric paste and apply it
- The gel of aloe vera can be extracted and applied over the rashes and burnt area
- Apply coconut milk to kill the germs
Symptoms of Digestive Tract Infection
The digestive system houses the most number of bacterias in our body and therefore it is always at the risk of getting infected with an infection. A very serious digestive system infection can also be life-threatening because the system consists of important organs of the body. This kind of infection can be caused due to a variety of reasons like – unhealthy diet, entry of germs, bacterial build up etc.
Digestive tract infection is also known as bacterial gastroenteritis and here are some of the symptoms.
- Serious loss of appetite
- Frequent nausea and vomiting
- Severe abdominal pains and muscle cramps
- Constipation and build-up of gases
- Blood can accompany the stools
- High fever with a severe headache
Home Remedies For Digestive Tract Infections
There are various kinds of home remedies available when it comes to treating bacterial gastroenteritis. Have a look at some of them:
- Drink two cups of peppermint tea for the antispasmodic effects that it has
- Apple cider vinegar helps to relieve indigestion and the build of gas
- Over-the-counter ORS twice a day
- In case of severe constipation, eat potassium and fibre rich fruits like bananas.
- Ginger juice can help to fight the bacterial buildup
So here are the 3 major types of infections that can affect the human body. All the infections are caused due to a variety of reasons and need to be dealt with separately. However, never consume any over-the-counter medicines or drugs without the right prescription from the doctor.
Final Verdict –
If you have read the article till this point then you are now well aware of the different infections that can affect your body. Different infections bring with itself a separate set of symptoms which you should be knowing of so that you can identify it immediately and visit a doctor.
However, many of these infections can be effectively dealt with by following some of the home remedies that we have mentioned. But even after following them if you fail to see any improvement, it is very much recommended that you visit the doctor and do a full check up.