One of the first things you may wonder when you are initially identified with trigeminal neuralgia (TGN) is whether or not it will go away on its own. The most frequently asked question during the initial visit to your healthcare provider is, “Can Trigeminal Neuralgia Go Away on Its Own?” This article will discuss everything on this and its natural remedies.
Trigeminal neuralgia (TN) is a problem with your trigeminal nerve that causes severe pain in your facial muscles perhaps, the most painful disorder causing episodes of intense facial pain that can happen unexpectedly or be brought on by certain triggers, such as brushing your teeth, shaving, eating, touching your face, or even smiling.
Differentiation Between Trigeminal Neuralgia And Neuropathic Facial Pain
Trigeminal neuralgia is a form of neuropathic pain, a pain often associated with brain lesion or injury. It is characterized by a jolting, stabbing, or electrocution-type pains however a neuropathic facial pain is characterized by numbness and tingling sensation.1.
Can Trigeminal Neuralgia Go Away On Its Own?
In some cases, trigeminal neuralgia may go away on its own without any treatment nevertheless in most instances, it does not happen. The condition continues to progress and eventually worsen instead of improving. In a nutshell, it basically starts with milder symptoms but over a period of time it advances and pain gets intensified. In addition, episodes of pain also become more frequent and cause jabbing pain.1, 2
What Are Some Of The Natural Remedies For Trigeminal Neuralgia?
Homeopathic Spigelian: Homeopathy can help with both the chronic condition and acute flare-ups. Perhaps they deserve to be a first-line treatment due to its safety, effectiveness, and cost-effectiveness. This treatment has proved effective and has shown an overwhelming response in the treatment of Trigeminal Neuralgia. This involves using medicines that act on the body at the level of immunity and restore the deviated function.
Herbal Supplements: Herbal supplements are capable of bringing medicinally significant changes and trigeminal neuralgia is of no exception. It is a tried and tested protocol to offer long term relief and permanent cure gradually.
Apply Eat Or Cold To The Painful Area- A cold compress or a bag of frozen veggies held at the back of the head, just above the neck, can provide relief. This probably can slow down the blood flow (agonizing), giving the heat a chance to calm the nerve.
Meditation And Yoga To Give Relief-The pain with trigeminal neuralgia is so great, you cannot concentrate on anything. So people often wonder how medication or yoga can do something about it. Apparently, these are defined as relaxation techniques which have the potential to relieve pain caused by Trigeminal Neuralgia. Meditation does not reduce the pain spontaneously, yet it does reduce the frequency of shocks and eventually brings your mind to a state beyond pain.4
Are There Any Alternative Treatments For Trigeminal Neuralgia?
There are few basic treatments that stand out in terms of efficiency and enduring results such as medications, microvascular decompression surgery, gamma knife radiosurgery, percutaneous rhizotomy, and pain stimulator placement.
Although these methodologies can control the pain and help you lead a pain-free life yet they are equally accompanied by a multitude of side effects. So, patients often look for alternative treatments that can help you combat pain with minimum side effects. Sometimes, you might want to ask your doctor for acupuncture, aromatherapy, meditation, and yoga. Perhaps they are more effective to reduce pain and make you feel better.
While you are waiting for treatment to take full effect, you can try some home remedies and reduce trigeminal neuralgia pain through natural treatments3.
While choosing the right treatment can be daunting, nevertheless, there are solid, well-researched, proven techniques and procedures for Trigeminal neuralgia. Try yourself and gain relief.
- Frequently asked questions on trigeminal neuralgia https://fpa-support.org/learn/frequently-asked-questions/
- Does trigeminal neuralgia clear without treatment https://www.sharecare.com/health/neuralgia/trigeminal-neuralgia-clear-without-treatment
- Alternate treatment for trigeminal neuralgia disorder http://pasadenacyberknife.com/homes-remedies-trigeminal-neuralgia/
- Home remedies and natural treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia https://www.livestrong.com/article/181886-home-remedies-for-trigeminal-neuralgia/
- Trigeminal Neuralgia or Prosopalgia or Fothergill’s Disease: Causes, Treatment- Surgery
- Tic Douloureux or Trigeminal Neuralgia: Signs of Attack, Alternative Treatment, Coping Tips
- How Long Does Trigeminal Neuralgia Last & Ways to Get Rid of it?
- Can Trigeminal Neuralgia Be Caused By Stress & Does It Affect Speech?
- Can Trigeminal Neuralgia Be Fatal & How Painful Is Trigeminal Neuralgia?
- Is Trigeminal Neuralgia Considered A Disability & Is It A Permanent Problem?
- What Foods Should You Avoid & Eat If You Have Trigeminal Neuralgia?