Why Do I Have Pimples on My Upper Arm?
In the present time pimples and acne has become a very common problem faced by majority of people. There are many different beliefs among people regarding what causes these pimples on the upper arms. Usually people know that pimples are caused due to constant clogging of skin pores that leads to development of dead skin. This clogging can also be caused due excess secretion of oil from skin. Researchers have revealed that till date no exact cause of pimples has been found out but it is believed that acne is a very complex phenomena and it varies from one individual to another.
Further, it is not always mandatory that pimples are caused only due to clogging of pores or due to bacterial infection. Another very common misconception which people have is that pimples occur only on the face but it is not true, pimples can occur on any part of the body. After face, upper arms and back are the second most common area where people get acne.
People who suffer from arm or back acne problem often find it difficult to wear backless or tight tops. There are various effective treatments available in the market for treating acne but before opting for any of the treatments it is very crucial that one should know the actual cause of the problem. Some of the common causes of upper arm pimple include:
- Sweat. People who exercise regularly experience a lot of sweat and if they fail to take bath after workout then sweat that is accumulated in the body trigger pimples. Sweating helps in improving skin condition by opening clogged pores but at the same time the condition can have adverse effect as opened pores are more prone to bacterial infection. People who lie in place with high humidity are more prone to suffer from acne and pimples.
- Sebaceous Glands. Back, neck and upper arms have more number of sebaceous glands present as compared to any other part of the body. Areas of the body that as maximum number of sebaceous glands secrete more oil which leads to clogging of pores and hair follicle causing development of dead skin and pimples.
- Friction. Friction between arms and back also acts as a contributing factor in the development of pimples. When there is constant friction in the body then it makes the existing pimples worst and also leads to the development of new blemishes. People who wear skin tight cloths often suffer from this problem.
- Allergic Reactions. Allergy is yet another factor that triggers pimples. Allergy can be caused from fabric of the cloths, washing power used for cleaning cloths or the dust that gets accumulated on the cloth. All these first causes skin irritation and then pimples.
- Androgens. Other than the physical things there are some hormonal aspects that lead to formation of pimples. Androgen which is a male hormone is one of the major causes of pimples developed on arms and back. This male hormone effect the sebaceous gland making it bigger in size, which ultimately secretes excess amount of oil leading to clogging of skin pores.
- Estrogens. Just as Androgen hormone trigger pimples in males similarly estrogen hormone which is typically a female hormone acts as a triggering agent for pimples. In women the amount of estrogen hormone various during the menstruation cycle, this can cause breakout of pimples especially on neck and upper arms. In some women birth control medications helps in controlling the problem but in some intake of birth control medication can make the existing condition even worst.
The above discussion gives a clear idea about the different causes of pimples or acne on the upper arm and other regions of the body.
- Types of Acne on Chin & Ways to Get Rid of it
- Does Chocolate Give You Pimples?
- Worst Foods For Skin That Can Cause Wrinkle, Pimples, Acne
- About Acne Vulgaris & Home Remedies to Get Rid of it?
- Which Birth Control Pills Cause Acne?
- Which Birth Control is Best for Acne?