Meditation is a great way of building concentration, attaining peace and strengthening your focus, considering the amount of distractions and stress one has to deal with nowadays. Meditation is a great way to escape the world and all its worries.
Why is Meditation So Important?
The human mind is like a playful child who keeps prancing from one thought to the other with ‘restless’ abandon. Hence, it becomes difficult to concentrate on the task at hand, making you come across as irresponsible. When your thoughts are out of order and you cannot seem to organize them, meditation comes in handy as it works as a tool which helps one focus better and derives good results. A person who indulges in a 30-minute motionless meditation daily will witness great improvement in concentration levels and become more focused and learn to appreciate life.
Meditation is the best proven way of calming your restless mind and building concentration. While Buddhist monks engage in meditation to attain nirvana, one can attain greater inner peace when meditating. There is no age bar when it comes to practicing meditation. A core part of yoga and other activities like kung fu, tai chi and art of living exercises, meditation is your answer to overcoming worries.
How is Meditation Beneficial to the Human Body?
Talking about the human body and external negative forces, which dampen it and harm the mind, here are ways in which meditation has proven its worth as a shield against adversities.
Benefits of Meditation In Improving Concentration
The mind works sporadically, trying to assimilate different kinds of information all at once. Like a child, it is never still for a second. The mind pans through multiple thoughts, making it difficult to find a solution to a single query. Even though many have tried using the sticky note method to remember things or concentrate better, they have failed to attain results. With meditation, you not only silence your mind, but also channel it in the right direction while prioritizing queries based on their importance. Making you productive, meditation makes you disciplined and more result and goal-oriented.
How Meditation Helps In Ignoring Miniscule Problems?
You may have heard of this phrase “making a mountain out of a molehill.” Well, the concept stays true as we tend to worry about the smallest of things and end up ignoring the big picture in the bargain. Meditation helps you streamline your thoughts and give priority to the issues that need attention. Meditation trains the mind to focus on the present as opposed to worrying about the future. Meaningless things can prove to be a major stumbling block. Therefore, meditation is a great way of keeping your mind away from such insignificant points.
How Meditation Helps In Benefiting Your Health?
It has been proved at various levels that meditation helps in accelerating the life cycle and making one live a healthy lifestyle. While meditation improves breathing and respiration, meditation also releases stress and anxiety and calms your mind, which in return helps reduce blood pressure and trauma. When in distress, hold your thoughts and calmly focus on what is more important and how you can solve it rather than panicking. Worrying will raise pressure levels, harming your health. This is how meditation also curbs the risk of falling prey to heart disease.
How Meditation Increases Focus And Develops Brain Cells
The human brain needs to stay focused to function properly and hence meditation acts as medium to do so.
How to Meditate?
Just like cooking or for that matter writing, meditation needs dedicated practice and time. You cannot master the art of meditation in a week’s time. In fact, priests and yogis take years to attain even 10 minutes of motionless meditation.
Here Is How You Can Master Meditation:
- The most important rule of meditation is your posture, which needs to be straight. While keeping your back straight, sit in a clean and quiet space like a garden or even the backyard.
- Ensure there are no pets left loose as they may hinder meditation.
- Sit with your legs folded on a yoga mat in a lotus position, and keep your back straight, chin to your eye level and your hands resting on your knees.
- Once you get the posture right, breathe in till you feel the oxygen engulfing your lungs and then slowly and steadily breathe. Keep breathing slowly while feeling the air that circulates inside the organs
- One need not sit on the floor, they can also practice meditation sitting on a chair; however, they need to keep their posture straight.
- It is advisable not to binge on anything heavy prior to meditation as your body tends to become a lethargic once you consume something heavy and this will interfere with proper meditation.
- Hydrate yourself with ½ liter of cold refreshing water. You may add few slices of lemon and cucumber to add some flavor and detox your body along with detoxifying your mind with meditation.
- While there are many when doing meditation use exotic fragrant candles or incense sticks; but, meditation can be done sans these items. However, it is a personal preference and as long as the work of attaining inner peace is on track, nothing else matters.
When Is The Best Time For Meditation?
There is no fixed time for meditation. It depends on your schedule. However, meditation has proven beneficial to those who practice early in the morning, as that is the time your mind is fresh, unlike in the evening when your mind coping with stress and tension. It is suggested by many physicians that practicing meditation in the morning makes your mind a peaceful space. Early morning positivity is a great way to kick-start the day.
In fact, the best time to meditate is at 3:00 am in the morning. This is the time when the world is asleep and peaceful surroundings are conducive to meditation. However, ensure you are not partially asleep when meditating. If 3:00 am is too early for you, try 5:00 am. This is the time when the sun is about to rise, ensuring vitamin D absorption for your bones and fresh oxygen makes for a peaceful meditation session.
- What is Chakra Meditation? How Does It Work?
- What is Mindfulness? Meditation and Exercises to Enhance Mindfulness
- Can Meditation Help Improve Athletic Performance?
- Can Meditation Regrow Hair?
- Relaxation by Meditation & Ways to Meditate
- 5 Benefits Of Meditation To Get A Fit Body