Vitiligo is a type of skin disorder, which occurs when there is a loss of melanin in the skin cells. It is a natural disorder in which white spots appear on the skin where melanin is lost. Other than patchy skin, the hair and eyelashes starts to turn white and grey. Vitiligo also brings about the discoloration of the retina. This is a type of auto immune disease occurring in the body due to changes brought about by various factors. An unwanted attack of fungus, bacteria or parasites affect the normal harmony of the body causing such disorders and diseases. Vitiligo varies from person to person and the treatment too may vary accordingly. However, vitiligo disorder is said to be finely treated with coconut oil. Learn about some of the natural remedies for Vitiligo and the benefits of coconut oil for vitiligo.
Natural Remedies for Vitiligo
While medications can help to a certain extent, many people opt to try natural remedies for a safer treatment of vitiligo. Some of the most commonly practiced natural remedies are as follows:
This is one of the most common natural remedy popularly used for vitiligo. With coconut oil being conveniently available, many people prefer using oil as an option in comparison to other remedies available in the market.
Olive Leaf Extract
Available in any medical store, olive leaf extract is said to kill the fungus and bacteria helping reduce the vitiligo patches naturally.
Aloe Vera can also be found easily at home. It can be used on the skin or taken internally as an effective natural remedy for patchy skin of vitiligo.
Oregano oil is available in many convenience stores as well as medical stores. It is said to be an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal lotion helping to reduce the patches on the skin naturally.
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Vitiligo
Coconut oil is easily available in every household and is one of the most preferred remedies for vitiligo. Coconut oil is beneficial in relieving this condition to a great extent and is used for long term treatment of vitiligo as well.
Here are a few major benefits of coconut oil for vitiligo:
- Coconut oil is an excellent moisturizer. Considering the fact, it is the most recommended natural remedy for vitiligo.
- Coconut oil is known to kill germs, bacteria and fungus, which is an important benefit in the treatment of vitiligo.
- It contains a rich amount of fats that help to keep the skin supple thus soothing the skin, eventually reducing the white patches of vitiligo.
- Coconut oil brings about repigmentation of the skin by increasing the secretion of melanin in the skin thus treating vitiligo.
- Coconut oil provides essential nutrition to the skin that helps to fight depigmentation by keeping it soft and nourished all the time.
- It also works as an antioxidant helping the skin to retain its lustre and prevent aging.
- Coconut oil also helps to revive dead cells caused due to vitiligo thus reducing the patches.
- There are no side effects of using coconut oil on the skin therefore it is absolutely safe.
As coconut oil is absolutely safe to use and has no side effects, the oil can be applied safely as required by people suffering from vitiligo. Coconut oil should be applied on the skin at least two to three times a day for best outcomes. It can be applied only on the patchy areas or all over the body.
The skin disorder, vitiligo, can be treated by a number of medicinal lotions but they may have severe side effects. The use of natural remedies like application of coconut oil can help reduce and even treat the condition to a great extent. There are many benefits of coconut oil for vitiligo, which makes it the most appreciated home remedy. Coconut oil not only nourishes the skin and keeps it soft for a long time, but also helps to get rid of bacteria, fungus and germs. It can be applied on the patchy skin, as needed. It helps to retain the natural look of the skin and also increase the melanin content in the skin.
- Vitiligo: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Investigations, Treatment, Surgery, Self Measures
- Why Coconut Oil is Good For You?
- Does Gluten Free Diet Help Vitiligo?