Trichomoniasis is an infection caused by the parasite Trichomoniasis Vaginalis by sexual transmission. The parasite spread through either vulva-to-vulva contact or penis to vagina intercourse.
Both women and men can be affected by Trichomoniasis, but the symptoms differ. Generally, in men, the symptoms are rare and go away on it’s own within a period of only few weeks.
Symptoms in Men:
Symptoms in Women:
- Itching in inner thighs
- Vaginal odor having strong smell
- Swelling of labia
- Discomfort during intercourse
- Vaginal discharge.
Can Trichomoniasis Go Away On Its Own?
As aforesaid mentioned, the symptoms in men are rare and the disease can go away on its own in few weeks, but chances of it is much less and it can’t cure by its own in women.
Generally, two antibiotics pills are prescribed to get rid of trichomoniasis.
- Metronidazole antibiotic pills
- Tinidazole antibiotic pills
But there may be infection of trichomoniasis that becomes resistant to antibiotics and in such a case; the uses of such antibiotics may become allergic. In such cases, the prescription of the alternate medication and combination of the therapies may be given. However, there are several natural treatments for the cure of trichomoniasis out of the same, top 10 treatments:
Myrrh: Studies says that two capsules of myrrh for a week every morning to the women infected from trichonomiasis can be helpful. These pills are required to be taken on an empty stomach approx. two hours before breakfast. The results are good as myrrh fights with parasites of trichomoniasis.
Pomegranate Juice: Pomegranate extracts the anti-parasitic effect. The clinical studies show that women experienced a complete cure of trichonomiasis when they are given with pomegranate juice. Even they were trichonomiasis free when checked after few months.
Zinc Sulfate Douche: A 1% zinc sulphate solution to be used as vaginal douche to cure the trichonomiasis. It is found to be very effective to the women who are resistant to conventional drugs.
Resveratrol: It has anti-parasitic properties and is found in red wire. It also contributes to the heart health.
Manilkara Rufula Flavonoid and Tannin Extracts: It is also very effective and alternative to conventional medical treatment of trichonomiasis.
Tomato: Tomatoes are full of nutrition and healthy vegetable and have the potential to act as anti-trichonomiasis.
Mullein: Mullein has properties that can help your body to fight against infection and inflammation.
Basil: It is a delicious to include it in your diet and act as a contender in Lab studies of natural treatments of trichonomiasis.
Ginger Extract: Ginger helps in effectively killing of trichonomiasis cells.
Avocado: It works anti-parasitic activity to cure this disease and proves to be very impactful.
Apart from the points as mentioned above, some natural plant extracts which have the feature of anti-trichonomiasis activity viz. Alkaloids, Isoflavonoid, oils, polyphenolic compounds glycoside and saponins. These extracts have the capability to kill trichomoniasis parasites very effectively.
Many Natural treatments are there, but you are advised to take care of the certain precautions, which are:
- Try to avoid intercourse for approx 2 weeks.
- It is also advised to have your partner seek treatment if you are suffering from trichonomiasis at the so that you do not re-infect each other.
- Avoid alcohols for approx 2 days after taking pill if you are going through antibiotics treatment for trichonomiasis.
- Get check-up any time if you are feeling any of the symptoms as prescribed here.
- Do not try natural treatment by self before diagnostic if you match any of the previously mentioned symptoms. Get tested first and then decide further course of action.
- Can You Get Trichomoniasis Without Being Sexually Active?
- Can Trichomoniasis be Cured?
- Is Trichomoniasis Always Sexually Transmitted?
- 6 Myths about Trichomoniasis
- Can Trichomoniasis Lead To Infertility?
- What Are The Long-Term Effects Of Trichomoniasis?
- What are the Symptoms of Trichomoniasis in Females?
- Can Trichomoniasis Be Detected In A Urine Test?