Mittelschmerz involves pelvic pain experienced by few women at the time of ovulation. This takes place during the halfway of a woman’s menstrual cycles. The pain associated with Mittelschmerz usually takes place in pelvis and lower abdomen area i.e. either within the middle or to a specific side. The pain in this case may range from mild ones to severe level of pain/discomfort, while takes place from only 5minutes to up to 2 to 3 hours. Even in few cases, the pain may last for 1day. Other than this, depending on the condition of women, she may experience vaginal discharge or vaginal bleeding in small amount, while others suffer from nausea and vomiting in case the pain becomes strong and unbearable one.
How To Prevent Mittelschmerz?
In most of the cases, you do not require any treatment to cure your ovulation pain i.e. Mittelschmerz. However, if you suffer from intense cramps directed towards affecting the daily life, you have to perform different things to get immediate relief. Especially, you have to follow the key prevention techniques, as we have discussed here.
Dietary Changes To Prevent Mittelschmerz
Switching to a healthy diet is one of the best steps related to prevent mittelschmerz that too without any medication or with only few medications.
Foods To Include In The Diet
- You have to include foods rich in fiber in your diet. This means, you should intake whole grains, fruits and veggies in higher amounts, as fiber plays a major role to reduce the exact amount or percentage of prostaglandins in the body.
- If you are a non-vegetarian, you may try for tuna, salmon and other types of fishes rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. These foods help you in reducing the production of hormones to trigger cramps and pain in the body.
- Make sure to include nutritious foods in your diet, which include foods rich in vitamins E, B-6, B-3 and B-2, along with magnesium and zinc. These nutrients help you in getting quick relief from ovulation pain and cramp both.
- Make sure to include cinnamon in your daily diet, as it comes with anti-inflammatory, anti-clotting and antispasmodic properties to relieve your Mittelschmerz condition.
- Besides this, cinnamon acts as an excellent source of iron, calcium, manganese and dietary fiber.
Foods To Avoid Or Reduce From The Diet
Other than few of the food items to include in your daily diet, it is essential for you to avoid or reduce certain food items from your diet to prevent Mittelschmerz, which include-
- You should exclude every type of caffeinated drinks from your diet, which include soda, tea and coffee, as all of them may make your cramps and pain worse.
- Make sure to keep yourself away from any alcoholic beverage, as alcohol is responsible to intensity your cramps.
- In addition, it is essential for you to limit the salt intake, as consumption of excessive salt forces a woman’s body to hold relatively higher amount of water to cause you bloated. You should always remember that bloating might make your pain and cramps worse.
Walking And Physical Exercises
You should dedicate at least 1 hour daily to walk or perform any other physical exercise. Exercise helps in improving the blood circulation directed towards reducing Mittelschmerz or ovulation pain, bloating and cramps.
Natural Herbs To Deal With Your Pain And Cramps
Other than dietary changes and physical exercise, you may easily manage your pain and cramps with a few natural herbs to prevent Mittelschmerz, these include-
- Zinc Sulphate
However, it is essential for you to consult with your doctors before you should have any of the mentioned supplements or natural herbs to deal with your Mittelschmerz.
Other Essential Home Remedies
Women should try a few other essential home remedies to prevent Mittelschmerz, these are-
- Place a hot water bottle or a heating pad on the abdomen, as the heat is effective to relieve pain and cramps.
- Massage the belly, as it creates gentle pressure to give relief from the pain to some extent.
- You should definitely practice various stress-reducing techniques, like meditation, deep breathing or yoga.
- Can Mittelschmerz Last For Days?
- Can You Still Get Pregnant With Mittelschmerz?
- How Long Does Mittelschmerz Last?
- Is Mittelschmerz A Good Sign Of Fertility?
- What Helps Mittelschmerz?
- How Painful Is Mittelschmerz?
- What Is The Diet For Mittelschmerz?