Pregnancy is marked by a number of changes in the mind and body when the fetus grows in the mother’s womb. The pregnant lady is routinely screened by a midwife or an obstetrician during her prenatal care visits. Routine urine tests and other tests are recommended to rule out any possible risks. There are certain warning signs of possible problems in the pregnancy about, which a pregnant lady should be educated. These signs are vaginal bleeding, abdominal pain, severe nausea, vomiting and others discussed below.
What Are The Warning Signs Of A Possible Problem During Pregnancy?
Pregnancy brings a series of changes both mental and physical in a woman. It should be taken care throughout the whole period of pregnancy. There are few signs that the pregnant woman should be aware of and she may need immediate medical attention. These signs can be warning of possible problems during pregnancy are-
Vaginal Bleeding. Bleeding from the vagina is a common problem during pregnancy, which may indicate serious problems.
- If the slight bleeding is spotted early in pregnancy, it can be due to implantation of an embryo into the uterus.
- If slight bleeding is spotted after sex, a tear in the vagina might have induced bleeding and infection.
- If bleeding from vagina continues to be heavy, then it could be a case of placenta praevia in which the embryo is implanted very close to the cervix.
- If heavy bleeding is accompanied with severe abdominal pain in the first or early second trimester, then it could be a sign of miscarriage.
- If menstrual like cramps are felt with vaginal bleeding and severe abdominal cramps then, it could be a case of ectopic pregnancy (implantation of embryo other than the uterus).
- If bleeding is present with abdominal pain in the third trimester, then it may indicate placental abruption (separation of the placenta from uterine lining)
Severe Nausea And Vomiting. If episodes of nausea and vomiting are severe, then it makes the pregnant lady dehydrated and malnourished that can affect the baby’s growth and health.
Low Activity Levels Of Baby. The baby starts moving if a pregnant lady drinks anything cold or eats something. When the mother lies sidewise, the baby also moves inside. As per rule, the baby kicks 10 or more in the period of two hours. If the count reduces, then it is right time meet the doctor.
Contractions Early in the Third Trimester. False contractions may be felt in the third trimester which is not predictable, rhythmic and intense. If the contractions appear early in the third trimester and it is intense and rhythmic, then immediate medical attention should be given to the pregnant women. It might be not a right time for the baby to be born as it may cause premature death of the baby.
Breaking Of A Water Bag. Water may be gushing out of uterus suddenly in the third trimester. The pregnant lady should empty her bladder to check whether it is an incidence of urine leakage or not. If after urination, water continues to come out, and then call your physician as soon as possible.
Severe Headache, Abdominal Pain, Visual Disturbances And Swelling In The Third Trimester- Severe headache, swelling, visual disturbances, and abdominal pain can be a sign of hypertension in pregnancy. It is also called eclampsia. It can be fatal for both mother and the baby.
Flu. Most pregnant ladies are likely to get flu infections. They are given the flu vaccine to prevent serious complications of flu.
Pregnancy requires medical attention throughout its three trimesters to prevent any danger to the mother and her baby. The pregnant women are at high risk throughout the pregnancy period. The warning signs that a pregnant lady must be aware of are vaginal bleeding, low movement of the fetus inside the womb and others discussed above.
- Low Back Pain During Pregnancy: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Prevention
- Pregnancy and Back Pain: The “Why’s” and the Remedies
- Why Do Gums Swell During Pregnancy and How To Treat Them?
- Pregnancy Diet: Foods to Eat During 1st, 2nd and 3rd Trimester
- Vaginal Pain During Pregnancy: Causes, Ways to Relieve it
- Health Benefits of Plums During Pregnancy
- Home & Natural Remedies for Migraine During Pregnancy