Belly fat has never been the greatest thing about your health or your appearance, as it makes you lose your physique and restricts your movement as well. There are many reasons which make you gain belly fat leading to a deformed shape. This extensive guide talks about the reasons which cause belly fat and how you can get rid of this problem in a specific span of time.
Belly fat becomes a cause of concern because it can lead to diseases such as cancer, heart disease and metabolic syndrome type 2 diabetes. When you eat too much or have a sedentary lifestyle, your major organs can get surrounded by fat which includes abdomen and liver.
Why Your Belly Fat Isn’t Going Away?
Belly fat is a trouble not only for over-weight people but also for those who look normal but have an abnormal amount of belly fat. Reasons are massive for gaining belly fat and why it is not going away, but essentially belly fat is a lifestyle disorder, which causes this form of fat accumulation. Given below are some reasons which lead to belly fat and also which make it difficult to get rid of belly fat:
- Excessive intake of processed food.
- Deep fried food.
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Lack of protein in the diet.
- Excessive alcohol intake.
Let us now look into detail about each cause of belly fat which is mentioned above.
Packaged and processed food is a menace, especially for your belly as there is too much of sugar and salt in it which makes you highly prone to develop diabetes and causes imbalances in the blood sugar levels, which eventually lead to diabetes and accumulation of fat in the belly region. Foods with high sugar and salt include packaged foods like oats, chips, biscuits, noodles, frozen yogurt, soda and caffeinated drinks.
You can imagine anything which is deeply fried and which contains processed flour and cheese can lead to insulin resistance and inflammation of stomach lining. When insulin resistance occurs, fat gets accumulated on stomach which eventually leads to belly fat.
When you have ceased every kind of exercise then be prepared for some major illnesses approaching you. Inactivity leads to obesity and you will gain more fat around your belly if you are leading a sedentary life and this kind of lifestyle is the major reason for belly fat and why it’s not going away.
Lack of Protein in Diet
This may come out to be really surprising, but yes, lack of protein does makes your belly bulge. When you have a diet which is low in protein, you will gain more belly fat. When your protein intake is lower, NeuroPeptide Y (NPY) hormone is secreted more, which increases your appetite and leads to accumulation of belly fat.
Bad Gut Bacteria
When you have weak digestion, it’s an indication of stomach inflammation which results in gastric problems. When you have stomach inflammation, then your belly will be swollen which can create acidity. If you have a bad digestion, then you are likely to develop the following:
- Heart related ailments.
No doubt stress is the silent killer which increases the cortisol level in your body. When you are stressed, you are more prone to overeating which will naturally make you gain belly fat.
Too much intake of alcohol will suppress fat burning ability of your body and causes fatty liver problems and development of stubborn belly fat.
Ways to Get Rid of Belly Fat Naturally
Getting rid of belly fat is not that tough as you need to handle the causes which are mentioned above and avoid them at all costs. If you have gained belly fat, don’t skip your meals or go for a crash diet, which are the worst kind of mistakes that people commit. Just understand one thing – you need to eat mindfully to keep lifestyle diseases at bay!
It may be a startling revelation that you have to eat in order to cut down the fat. Have a look at the following tips for shedding most stubborn kind of fat which you develop around your abdomen:
- Drink coconut water which can cut down the belly fat miraculously, but ensure that you are taking it before noon.
- Take protein with every meal which keeps your bones stronger and makes you feel full and you will gradually get rid of binge eating. You can take a full bowl of legumes on a daily basis which fortifies the damaged tissues of your body helps in getting rid of belly fat.
- If you have reached menopause then include estrogen-promoting food in your diet, like, flaxseed, dried fruits, sesame seeds and garlic. These are the easily available foods which can be included in every single diet of yours and help in getting rid of belly fat.
- Never skip your exercise and remember to strengthen your core muscles, that is, backbone and pelvic muscles. You can take up yoga for balancing your body as with belly fat, it is hard for you to walk properly. Yoga strengthens your core muscles and makes you lose your belly fat naturally.
- Try running or walking fast and never forget skipping to get rid of belly fat.
Conclusion: So, is it Possible to Get Rid of Belly Fat?
The above tips can prove to be a life changer for those who want to get rid of belly fat naturally without having to resort to more drastic measures, such as liposuction or other such procedures. Just ensure that you take meals at the right time and there should not be more than 2 hours of gap between each of your meals. Take fruits in the solid form instead of going for sugary fruit juices. You need to practice mindful eating and concentrate on the food you are eating by keeping distractions away at all costs. Though the effects of these diet tips may not be instant, but you will gain good health overtime. Eat locally available food and include drinks which you can prepare at your home and shun processed food which makes you high on fat and low on energy and lead to belly fat.
- Loose Skin After Weight Loss: Non-Surgical & Surgical Ways To Tighten Excess Skin
- How Much Should You Walk a Day to Lose Weight?
- How to Get Rid of Saddlebags on Outer Thighs?
- How to Lose Weight With Reiki?
- Can Hot Peppers Help You Lose Weight?