Homeopathic Remedies For Gall Stones (Cholelithiasis)
Gall stones or Cholelithiasis, which involves formation of stones in the gall bladder. These stones can be formed of cholesterol, calcium or other minerals. Usually these stones are in the gall bladder, but sometimes they get lodged into the biliary tract causing severe pain. Mostly, gall stones remain unnoticed and do not cause any symptoms but sometimes complaints like pain, nausea, vomiting and fever are noted.
Gall stones can be caused due to various factors like improper gallbladder function, defective absorption or excessive cholesterol. These factors depend on a person’s constitution and reaction to the environment. Diagnosis can be made with X-ray, ultrasound, CT scan, etc by your physician.
Role of Homeopathy In Treating Gall Stones (Cholelithiasis)
Homeopathic principle believes that any disturbance in the inner life force may result into physical complaints. In this condition, a person’s tendency of accumulation to the extent of gallstones formation is observed and homeopathic approach would revolve around this understanding. Homeopathy provides a comprehensive approach and considers the individual’s physical as well as mental constitution.
Homeopathy considers you as a whole and the treatment for gall stones (Cholelithiasis) is based on individual detailed medical case taking. It focuses on your tendencies like stone formation, gas formation, accumulation of emotions and similar processes that affect the regular body functioning.
Homeopathic Remedies For Gall Stones or Cholelithiasis
Gall stones, especially those which are smaller in size and related to gastric symptoms can be treated with homeopathic medicines. Homeopathic treatment can reduce the severity of symptoms, show improvement in the digestive function and also reduce the size of gallstones.
- For tendency of stone formation and associated urinary troubles.
- Sudden, severe pain in the liver region, jaundice and white stools.
- Shooting, burning pain, which changes sides
- Complaints worse by motion or changing position.
- For burning pain in liver region, which is swollen and sore to touch.
- Vomiting after eating, with dryness of mouth and excessive thirst.
- Complaints worse by touch, motion, summer and warm food and better by lying on painful side, taking cold things and rest.
- For complaints from defective absorption with a tendency to grow fat, feeling tired and being very sensitive to cold.
- Inability to bear tight clothing due to stomach distension and gas formation.
- Loss of appetite and dislike for fatty food along with constipation.
- Complaints worse from exertion, bending, cold, and better by lying on painful side.
- For complaints from overuse of alcohol.
- Liver and gall bladder swollen with pain in liver region when lying on left side.
- Nausea and vomiting and bright yellow or clay, hard colored stools.
- Worse by lying on left side, eating, motion and pressure.
- For persons with a tendency of acidic troubles and abdominal complaints.
- Liver obstruction with severe pain extending to the right shoulder and back.
- Nausea and vomiting after cold or fatty food with desire for warm drink.
- Worse by touch, motion, change of weather, on the right side and better after dinner, by pressure.
- For persons with persistent gall stone and liver complaints after using other remedies.
- Gallstones with severe burning pain.
- There is a necessity to hold the painful area while walking.
- For complaints of emotional disturbances.
- Severe pressing pain in the abdomen making the person to bend to seek relief.
- Worse by anger or emotional disturbance, cold, and better by warmth, passing gas, hard pressure, bending double.
- For complaints from excess tea drinking and dietary irregularities.
- Gripping abdominal pain, which may shift to chest, back and arms.
- Complaints worse by bending forward and lying down and better by bending backwards and movement.
- For complaints from overuse of alcohol and with a tendency of gastric troubles.
- Liver is swollen with pain in the right side of abdomen; sour vomiting.
- Jaundice with yellow skin, tongue and light colored stools.
- Worse by motion and better by rest, pressure and by passing gas.
- For complaints due to emotional disturbances with digestive complaints like gas and indigestion.
- Sour belching, regurgitation and acidic vomiting, which may be relieved by warm drinks.
- Worse in evening and warmth of bed and better by warm food or drink.
- Complaints from fatty food and unhealthy lifestyle choices and alcohol.
- Liver enlarged with excessive gas and desire for passing stools.
- Worse from mental exertion, eating spicy and fatty food and better by rest.
- Pain in the liver region with sensation of weakness and desire to rub the area with hands.
- Distension of abdomen with shifting of gas.
- Constipation with clay colored stools which may alternate with diarrhea.
These are just some of the reputed homeopathic remedies for gall stones; there are many more for your help. Consult a qualified homeopath and make sure your condition is regularly assessed with relevant investigations to confirm the progress of the given treatment and to make necessary changes.