11 Advantages of Aerobic Exercises
Aerobic exercise plays an important role in our daily life. Aerobic exercises are very helpful for weight control. It is important to understand the role of physical activity in order to maintain your weight.
Physical activity or exercise helps us to lose weight by using excess calories that otherwise would be stored as fat and reduces the risk of certain diseases. Exercise can be classified into two categories.
They are the aerobics and anaerobic exercises.
Aerobic exercises include several sports such as running, swimming, walking, martial arts, cycling, and indoor exercises.
Here Are 11 Reasons Why You Must Do Aerobic Exercises:
- Aerobic exercises helps the heart get extra blood with every beat i.e., the heart rate gets reduced with relaxation and during exercise. It gives better cardiac function.
- During aerobic exercises, the fats present in the body get burnt resulting in loss of body fat. It helps to reduce or maintain your weight.
- Do regular aerobic exercises to reduce stress, anxiety and depression, as it releases natural painkillers of body known as endorphins.
- Aerobic exercises help your immune system. Some studies have revealed that individuals who do regular exercises become less vulnerable to viral infections like flu or cold.
- Aerobic exercises reduce the risk of diseases aggravated by extra weight like hypertension, strokes, pathological heart conditions, diabetes mellitus, and certain forms of cancers. It also helps reduce risk of osteoporosis and its complications. Aerobic exercise also helps people suffering from arthritis.
- Aerobic exercises also increases longevity.
- You may feel tired at the time of doing the exercise or immediately after it but actually this increases your strength and gives an overall sense of well-being in the long term and keeps fatigue away from you.
- Aerobics aids in the formation of microscopic blood vessels which supply oxygen to muscles.
- Aerobic exercises helps increase the consumption of oxygen by the body. It helps to increase blood supply to muscles and facilitates better usage of oxygen.
- Aerobic exercise increases levels of good HDL cholesterol in blood and also reduces elevated triglycerides.
- Aerobic exercises help us to get better sleep.
Please consult your doctor before you start exercising especially those over 40 who smoke, are overweight or have a chronic problem, drink, and do sedentary work.