9 Amazing Benefits Of Bananas To Maintain Your Skin Health
Banana has become such a common fruit that we have stopped giving it the importance it deserves and tend to take this amazing and delicious fruit for granted. Banana has amazing benefits, which add to our health in various ways. We all know how to eat banana, however, what we do not know is that this fruit can bestow us with amazing health benefits.
9 Amazing Benefits of Banana for your Skin Health
Banana Adds To The Moisture of Your Skin:
- Bananas help greatly to naturally moisturize your skin. The vitamin A content of banana helps to restore the lost moisture content of the skin and helps in the repair of the dull, dry and damaged skin.
- To add to the moisture content of your dull and dry skin, all you need to do is mash a ripe banana and apply this banana pack on your face. However, remember that the mashed banana should not come into contact with your eyes. Let it sit for at least 20 to 25 minutes and then rinse your face with warm water. This banana mask will provide you with a soft and mellow skin instantly and is highly beneficial for maintaining your skin health.
- In case, you have an extremely dry skin which tends to get flaky from time to time, you can add honey to the mashed banana and then apply this banana and honey face mask. Banana along with honey will also help to reduce the pigmentation present on the skin.
- Alternatively, you can prepare a banana face mask by mixing half a mashed ripe banana along with one teaspoon of vitamin E oil and one tablespoon of yogurt. Now apply this mashed and yogurts face pack on your face and leave it on for half an hour and then rinse it off with lukewarm water for a beautiful and healthy skin.
Banana gives your Skin an Amazing Glow
- Bananas are a rich source of vitamin C and thus help to maintain the young and natural glow of the skin. Apply the below-mentioned banana face masks to add to the glow of your skin.
- Mix half a mashed ripe banana along with half a teaspoon of honey and one tablespoon of sandalwood paste. Apply this banana and sandalwood pack to your face and keep it for 20-25 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. This banana face pack is extremely beneficial for those people who have an oily skin as the sandalwood present in this face pack is amazingly beneficial in removing the excess sebum and oil from the skin and the banana will keep the skin well moisturized and give you instant glow.
- Prepare a face mask by mixing one ripe mashed banana along with lemon juice. Let it sit on your face for 20 minutes and then rinse it off. Lemon Juice being rich in vitamin C helps in reducing the dullness of the face and diminishes the dark spots and blemishes.
- You can even apply banana milk on your face. Prepare a face mask by mixing one ripe mashed banana along with an equal amount of milk and stir it well. In case, you have a dry skin you can add a few drops of olive oil to this mixture. Now apply this mask on your face and neck area and let sit for around 20 minutes. Wash it off firstly with warm water as it will help to open the skin pores followed by washing with cold water in order to close the skin pores. Application of banana milk has an amazing effect in maintaining your skin health.
Banana Slows the Aging Process of your Skin
- Another benefit of bananas to maintain your skin health is its ability to slow down the aging process of the skin. Bananas are rich in a number of nutrients which helps to slow down the aging process and helps to combat the wrinkles formed as a sign of aging.
- In order to prepare a banana mask which has anti-aging benefits and contains a high content of vitamin A and E, mix mashed avocado along with mashed banana. Apply this banana and avocado face mask on your face and keep it for around 20 minutes and then rinse it off. This banana face pack will make your skin look soft and supple. Being rich in Vitamin E, avocado along with banana which is rich in numerous other minerals helps to get rid of the free radicals and helps to repair the damaged cells and prevent premature aging.
- Alternatively, you can also prepare a face pack by mixing a mashed one-fourth banana along with one teaspoon of rose water. Now apply this banana and rosewater pack on your face and neck region and let it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off for a younger and healthier skin.
Pamper your Feet and Get Rid of Cracked Heels with Banana
- Bananas act as an amazing moisturizer and thus help to heal the cracked heels of your feet.
- Mash two ripe bananas and then apply this mashed pulp on your clean and dry soles of the feet. Let it sit for around 10 minutes and then wash your feet with cool water. The pulp of the banana will seep deep into your dry and cracked heels and skin and its continued application will provide you with soft and smooth feet.
Banana Helps To Get Rid of The Puffiness of The Eyes
- Yet another amazing benefit of bananas is getting rid of eye puffiness. Banana contains nutrients, which help to soothe the blood vessels present beneath your eyes and thus help to treat the puffy eyes. Mash half a ripe banana and then apply it on the puffy eye region. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water. The potassium content of banana helps to get rid of the excess fluid present under the skin of your eyes and renders you immense relief and enhances your appearance.
- Alternatively, you can use the banana peels instead of using mashed banana for treating the eye puffiness.
Banana Helps To Get Rid Of The Damaged And Dead Skin Cells:
Yet another amazing benefit of bananas to maintain your skin health is its exfoliation properties. A banana scrub acts as an excellent defoliator. Bananas contain a high content of anti-oxidants, which besides helping to remove the dead and damaged skin cells, also help to make your skin feel fresh and rejuvenated.
Below mentioned are a few banana scrubs which you can make at your home:
- Form a mixture by mixing one mashed banana along with one tablespoon of sugar. Now apply this banana and sugar scrub to your skin and massage in circular motions. The banana present in the face mask will add to the moisture content of your skin and the sugar granules will help to remove the dead and damaged skin cells.
- Prepare a mixture by mashing one ripe banana along with one tablespoon of both honey and milk and 2 to 3 tablespoons of oats. Apply this face mask and let it on for at least 5 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water. In case, you have an extremely dry and flaky skin, you can use fresh cream instead of milk.
- Mix half a ripe banana and milk 2 tablespoons of uncooked rice along with one tablespoon of coconut milk. Blend this mixture to form a smooth paste. Now apply this banana and rice scrub on your skin and massage gently for few minutes. Rinse it off with cool water to reveal smooth and supple skin.
- In order to formulate a body scrub, mix 2 mashed bananas along with 4 to 5 strawberries and then blend them together. Now add 3 tablespoons of sugar to this mixture and then use it as a body scrub before going for a bath.
Fight Stubborn Acne with Bananas
You can use a banana peel to treat acne. Banana peels are amazing in curing even the most stubborn acne. Peel the banana and then cut the peels into small pieces. Now gently rub the inner part of the peels on the acne affected regions. Continue rubbing gently for at least 5 minutes or until the peel turns brownish. Now leave the banana on your skin till it becomes dry. Now wash your skin with lukewarm water. Do this at least thrice a day to obtain the best results.
Banana Relieves Itching from Warts & Psoriasis
In order to get rid of the itch of the skin, rub the inner portion of the banana peel on the itchy area so as to get instant relief. To treat warts and psoriasis, apply the banana peel on the affected region and rub it twice on your skin for around 10 to 15 minutes to obtain the best results. You can use this along with your medicines. However, consult a dermatologist before starting with this method.
Banana Provides You The Much-Needed Beauty Sleep
A good night’s sleep is essentially necessary to maintain good health of the skin. So this is another amazing benefit of bananas to maintain your skin health as it contains melatonin which is the hormone responsible for inducing sleep in the body of the human and tryptophan which is the amino acid needed to secrete this sleep hormone, both of them are found in a banana. Banana helps greatly to induce sleep. If you eat a banana a few hours before you go to bed, you can easily achieve your beauty sleep. Hence, bananas help your skin to repair the damaged and dead skin cells while you sleep.
- Banana: 11 Essential Health Benefits of Bananas- Rich in Potassium, Vitamin C, B6
- Can You Eat Banana Peel?
- Do Bananas Cause Gas?
- Benefits of Banana Peels in Teeth Whitening
- Nutritional Facts of Banana Peel and its Health Benefits
- Do Bananas Lower Your Blood Pressure?
- Are Bananas Good For Your Liver?
- Do Bananas Have Lactose In Them?
- Are Bananas Actually Good For Your Skin & Hair?