Nighttime incontinence in medical terms refers to nocturnal enuresis. This implies the involuntary urine release while a person asleep during the day or night. In most cases, the problem starts during the later age of life i.e. after 60years. (1)
Home Remedies For Nighttime Incontinence
Until now, nighttime incontinence patients have obtained plenty of benefits by using a few of the natural or herbal remedies, as we have discussed here.
Ganoderma Lucidum: Ganoderma Lucidum is a popular East Asian extract and it has until now, cured varieties of ailments in humans. These include hypertension, hepatitis, and cancer. Furthermore, a research study revealed that GL herb extract of only 6milligrams in men may reduce urinary tract symptoms and in turn, the problem of nighttime incontinence.
Capsaicin: Capsaicin is present in the fleshy portion of Chile peppers. The herb is mainly used for treating various syndromes related to pelvic pain i.e. a symptom of an overactive bladder. According to herbal experts, capsaicin increases the capacity of one’s bladder to a maximum of 302 milliliters from only 106 milliliters.
Corn Silk: Corn silk constitutes the waste material obtained from the cultivation of corn. For a long time, corn silk has played the role in traditional medicine to deal with various problems, including the irritation of bladder and bedwetting. Corn silk mainly helps to strengthen and restore mucous membranes present in one’s urinary tract to avoid any type of nighttime incontinence. (2)
Diet Plan Or Foods To Eat To Manage Nighttime Incontinence
Pumpkin Seeds And Soybean Seeds: Pumpkin seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and hence, have anti-inflammatory properties. Even the soil obtained from pumpkin seeds improves any type of abnormal urinary function and in turn, avoids/reduces most of the symptoms related to overactive bladder. According to the research study of Japan, patients required to intake only 5 tablets of the combination of pumpkin and soybean seeds processed foods for 2 times in a day to overcome urine incontinence.
Kohki Tea Extracts: Kohki tea constitutes the extract of a subtropical region plant in China. Other than its sweet taste, it comes with high amounts of antioxidants. Even the tea extract has proved to show protective effects on the urinary bladder. Other than this, you may try for additional drinks to help your urinary bladder, such as-
- Soy milk
- Plain water
- Pear, apple or any other less acidic fruits
- Cranberry juice
- Diluted squash
- Barley water
- Fruit teas or caffeine-free teas
Foods Rich In Fiber: In some cases, the problem of constipation puts extra pressure on the urinary bladder. Positively, you may prevent it by including fiber-rich food items in your daily diet. These include whole-wheat bread, beans, fruits, and veggies. (2)
Common Causes Of Nighttime Incontinence
Urine incontinence during nighttime may take place because of many reasons. For instance, constipation, vaginal irritation or infection and urinary tract infections. Other than this, you may suffer from this problem due to-
When Problem Takes Place Because Of Few Medicines
A few of the medicines may cause problems in urinary bladder control. Even though the side effects of these medicines last for a while, in some cases, they last for a long time. Reasons may include the following-
- Overactive and weak bladder muscles
- Weak pelvic floor muscles
- Damages to certain nerves, which are responsible for the urinary bladder control from various diseases, like diabetes, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease
- The blockage caused due to an enlarged prostate in men
- Arthritis and other similar types of diseases, which create difficulty to go to the nearby bathroom within time
- Prolapse of pelvic organs i.e. shifting out of pelvic organs i.e. rectum, bladder, and uterus from their regular place within the vagina. (1)
To conclude, we should say that individuals suffering from nighttime incontinence may easily manage their conditions with certain changes in their regular diet and consume suitable herbs on a regular basis.
- Nighttime Incontinence or Nighttime Bed Wetting: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Alternative Treatment, Lifestyle Changes
- Coping Methods For Night-Time Incontinence
- What Are The First Symptoms Of Night-Time Incontinence & How Do You Test For It?
- What Is The Best Treatment For Night-Time Incontinence?
- What Leads To Night-Time Incontinence & Can It Be Cured?
- How Do I Manage Nighttime Incontinence?
- Can Night-Time Incontinence Go Away On Its Own & What Are It’s Natural Remedies?