Chakras are the energy systems that form the primary component of yoga, Ayurvedic and Hindu teachings.
According to the practitioners, these chakras are the energy centers of the body. These are the spinning wheels of energy located in the spine. Researchers found that a person’s mind has more power to heal than realized. It was found and published in an article about the influence of mind-body connection.(1)
The chakras send and receive energy to the organs. When the chakras are imbalanced the energy flow gets disrupted which can result in health issues in the surrounding areas.
There are seven chakras in the body. The throat chakra is the fifth chakra that is located at the base of the throat. It is also known as Vishuddha.
Throat chakra stones are used to heal the problems of the throat chakra.
What Is The Throat Chakra Stone?
The throat chakra stone is a gemstone that is used to unblock and balance the chakra of the throat.
It is believed that the energy of a particular stone stabilizes a specific chakra. They are also known as healing crystals or healing stones.
What Happens When The Throat Chakra Gets Imbalanced Or Blocked?
Throat chakras are believed to be centers of communication, emotions, and creativity. They affect the ability, to be honest, and express thoughts. There is a feeling that you have no authority or power of choice within your life.
When the throat chakras get imbalanced or blocked, the flow of energy to these areas get difficult. This may lead to the following issues:
- Feeling timid or shy
- Difficulty in making proper decisions
- Social anxiety
- Difficulty in expressing thoughts
- Talking without thinking
This blockage or misalignment can affect the ears, mouth, and neck that may lead to issues such as:
- Neck pain or stiffness
- Sore throat
- Mouth ulcers
- Jaw pain
- Hearing issues
- Dental disorders
- Temporomandibular joint disorders
There can be physical or nonphysical symptoms or both.
Common Chakra Stone For Throat Healing
Throat chakra stones are of various shades of blue. The color blue is associated with a calming effect on the body. It is also associated with communication, honesty, and empathy.
- Amazonite: It is a bluish-green crystal that promotes emotional balance and protects negative emotions. This throat chakra stone is believed to calm the nervous system.
- Turquoise: It is an opaque green-blue crystal and helps in expressing thoughts.
- Aquamarine: This crystal is light blue to green-blue that is believed to clear mind and help connect with hidden emotions. It is also said to encourage honesty.
- Lapis lazuli: This throat chakra stone is a blue stone that is used to promote communication. It is also believed to stimulate self-expression, creativity, and mental clarity.
How To Use Chakra Stone To Heal The Throat Chakra?
There are numerous ways to use chakra stones such as:
- Wear Them As Jewelry: Wrap the chakra stone in a wire or a cord and wear them as jewelry such as a necklace or bracelet.
- Carry Them Wherever You Go: Place the stone in a purse so that you take the stone energy wherever you go.
- Place Them Over Throat Chakra: While you meditate put the stone at the base of the throat.
- Use Them As Decorative Pieces: Put the chakra stone as decor by putting it on your desk or side table. It can fill up your space with balancing energy.
You have to be patient while using chakra stones as they take time to reduce throat chakra issues.
While using chakra stones it is important to:
- Eat a healthy diet
- Do yoga
- Stay active
- Say affirmations
- Write in a journal
These habits help in promoting and maintain throat chakra balance.
Chakra stones are believed to rebalance the chakra. Its health benefits are not yet proven by science but it’s not dangerous or harmful. Make sure you practice meditation and exercise while healing with chakra stones.