Buttermilk is very much admired in the summer season. The juice that was left over after roiling butter from the cream was initially referred to as buttermilk. Nowadays it is depicted as a fermented dairy product and is frequently devoured as a healthy drink and is used in cooking. But it is astonishing to know that buttermilk (taak) is also beneficial for your skin and hair. Owing to its nutritional properties, it is also used as a face pack, hair pack and for many other beauty purposes. Let us look at the top 4 amazing benefits of buttermilk (Taak) for keeping your skin healthy.
4 Amazing Benefits Of Buttermilk For Keeping Your Skin Healthy
The dietary summary of buttermilk is very inspiring as it is rich in vitamins and minerals. Just imagine, how beneficial it could be for your skin and hair with this nutritional profile.
Here are 4 amazing benefits of buttermilk for keeping your skin healthy.
Buttermilk Helps to Enhance Skin Tone
Laden with lactic acid and milk protein, buttermilk (taak or chaas) helps to get rid of impurities and dead skin cells that makes your skin dull. One of the top 4 amazing benefits of buttermilk for keeping your skin healthy is that it helps to enhance skin tone and provides you with a smooth texture.
- Blend sufficient amount of buttermilk with half cup of Gram flour and one teaspoon of turmeric powder to make a silky paste. Use this mask evenly on the face. Leave it to dry for a while, and then wipe off the paste with wet fingers. At last, wash your face with normal water. You can use it once a week.
- For daily use, mix a pinch of saffron with the half cup of buttermilk and leave the mixture for 30 minutes. And then apply the mixture on the skin and massage gently with the tips of the fingers. Leave the mask on the face until it gets dry. It will take approx. 20 minutes, and then clean it off.
Buttermilk Helps to Reduce Marks & Spots
- Buttermilk is used in maximum beauty products meant for unwanted marks and spots. The lactic acid in buttermilk helps in removing the marks and spots by exfoliating the skin without making your skin dry. This is one of the most effective 4 amazing benefits of buttermilk for keeping your skin healthy
- Take a cotton ball, dip it in buttermilk and apply it on the marks and spots. Leave it for a while until it gets dry, and then clean the area with normal tap water. You can repeat this remedy couple of times in a day for better result.
- Mix sufficient buttermilk with 2 teaspoons of orange peel powder and make it a thick paste. Apply it on your face or on the affected part and massage smoothly in a circular motion. Leave it for 30 minutes, and then rub it off and wash it with cold water. You can apply it 3 to 4 times in a week.
Buttermilk Helps in Reducing Suntan Effect
You can also use buttermilk (taak) for reducing the effect of suntan. The moisturizing and healing property in buttermilk, helps in the curing process and keeps skin smooth and soft. Due to this amazing benefit of buttermilk for keeping your skin healthy, this cooling drink is very popular.
You can blob pure buttermilk on your skin, which is an effective remedy for the suntanned skin. It is pocket-friendly and effective treatment. Although, to make it more effective, you can mix it with various others influential ingredients.
- Mix half tomato with one-fourth cold buttermilk and add few mint leaves. Blend the mixture well and apply this liquid on the affected area. Leave it for a while until it gets dried. Apply this once a day for an effective result.
- You can also mix honey and buttermilk in equal ratio, and then apply it on the skin using your fingertips. Rub it for 5 minutes in a circular motion. Leave it for 20 minutes. Lastly, rinse it with normal water. You can repeat the procedure twice a day.
Buttermilk is an excellent Cleanser for the Skin
One of the most amazing benefits of buttermilk for keeping your skin healthy is that it acts as a great skin cleanser. It cleanses the dirt, impurities and dust from the skin. It also helps in nourishing your skin from inside to keep it bright and healthy.
- Take a cotton ball, soak it in buttermilk and wipe your face with it. And then wash your face with cold water. You can apply this simple remedy regularly before sleeping.
- Take buttermilk and rose water in equal amount; mix them properly and add few drops of almond oil or olive oil. Dip a cotton ball in the mixture and cleanse your face with it. Leave it on your face for 15 to 20 minutes. It will not only help in soaking the dirt and impurities but will also moisturize your face. You can do it daily or four to five times a week.
- Eat Well to Get a Glowing Skin
- Health Benefits of Pomegranate: Skin, Heart, Pregnancy, Weight Loss
- Poppy Seeds Benefits for Hair, Skin, Sleep and Others
- Best Skin Care Routine
- Neem Oil Benefits|Skin, Hair, Dental Health|Treats Burns, Arthritis, Muscle Pain
- Benefits of Papaya on Skin Health and Weight Loss
- 11 Skin Health Benefits of Witch Hazel
- What Foods to Eat for Clear Skin?