Underarm rash is really unpleasant. There might be pain, itching and burning sensation of the affected skin, which already is tender. Underarm rash can be caused by several factors such as infections like chickenpox, impetigo, measles, mumps, meningitis, ringworm etc, conditions like folliculitis, eczema, food allergies, because of contact dermatitis, reaction to metal, industrial chemical allergies, insect bite allergies, etc. In some conditions the underarm rash can also be caused by acne, extreme heat or extreme cold condition, medications etc. Underarm rash can also be embarrassing in some situations. So, it is very much important to diagnose and treat the condition at the earliest. There are some useful home remedies to treat underarm rash which can be beneficial in certain cases.
9 Useful Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Underarm Rash:
Use aloe vera gel on the affected area, keep it for some time and then rinse the area well with clean and cold water. This works as a great home remedy for underarm rash.
You can also use baking soda as a home remedy to get rid of underarm rash. You can put baking soda to your bath water and bath with it or can directly use it on the affected area to get relief from underarm rash.
Ice can also relieve you from the itchiness of the underarm rash in a natural way. You just need to place the ice directly on the affected area for few minutes.
Coconut oil is a useful home remedy to get rid of underarm rash. For this, you need to mix coconut oil with baking soda to form a paste which is to be applied on the affected area. Apply the paste and keep it for 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse it off.
Massaging a little bit of vitamin E over the affected area can help you stop itching and get relief from rash on underarm. This also helps you in creating new skin cells.
Tea Tree Oil:
One more wonderful home remedy to get rid of underarm rash is tea tree oil. For using this natural remedy, dip a cotton ball in a mixture of water and tea tree oil and then apply it directly on your rash. This can give you positive results when done regularly.
Potassium alum can help to get rid of underarm rash naturally. Place the powder directly on armpits to get relief. As this contains antiseptic properties to ward off bacteria, it can help with itching and inflammation of the skin.
One more useful home remedy for underarm rash could be cornstarch. Apply a thin layer of pure cornstarch directly on the underarm rash so as to hep dry it out. This will get you some relief.
Some Other Home Remedies To Follow For Underarm Rash:
- Determine the cause of the underarm rash at first. You may require visiting your doctor for this. Physician may give you a prescription for a topical medication for this.
- Keep the underarm or the rash area very clean. Wash it gently with milk soap and dry it with a soft and clean towel at least two times in a day.
- Wear loose clothing so as to help keep moisture from accumulating in the area of your underarm rash. Wear natural fabrics like cotton to stay comfortable.
- Do not use lotion or creams in the affected areas. Also, avoid using deodorants while you are having the rash.
- Remain in an air conditioned room if you have underarm rash during warm-weather. You will feel comfortable as the affected area will remain drier.
- Place a small piece of soft cloth under the area having rash so as to keep the skin under your arm from “sticking” together. Keep the cloth in your armpit while you are sedentary. This aids in relieving the discomfort of the underarm rash by reducing friction on the affected area.
- Do not shave very closely under your arms.
- In case underarm rash are caused due to food allergies, then do avoid the foods that might be causing the skin allergies.
Though you can try out these useful home remedies, however; if symptoms of underarm rash persist or worsen over time, you must surely check out with your doctor.