Peripheral neuropathy means a problem with the peripheral nerves i.e. the nerves responsible to send messages to different parts of the body from the central nervous system consists of the spinal cord and the brain. Because of this, peripheral neuropathy or problems in peripheral nerves cause pricking, tingling, numbness and muscular weakness in different parts of the patients’ body. Moreover, the problem may affect only one nerve or multiple numbers of nerves simultaneously. Along with this, depending on individual condition, peripheral neuropathy affects nerves belonging to different locations in the human body.(1)
What Are The Natural Remedies For Peripheral Neuropathy?
Other than regular treatment options, you will find various natural remedies to help you in managing your conditions related to peripheral neuropathy.
Intake Of Supplements To Overcome Vitamin Deficiencies
A few of the cases of peripheral neuropathy have a relationship with vitamin deficiency. Considering this fact, we should say that one can manage the problem by simply taking the essential steps to avoid vitamin deficiencies. Accordingly-
- Vitamin B is very much essential to retain your nerve health and a deficiency may result in significant nerve damage. In this situation, peripheral neuropathy patients should intake vitamin B even from suitable supplements along with their regular meals.
- Vitamin D is helpful in avoiding nerve pain. The skin of a person mainly produces vitamin D in response to the light and heat of the sun. Indeed, deficiency of vitamin D causes neuropathy pain. Hence, doctors recommend suitable Vitamin D supplements along with exposure to the sunlight to help in reducing the symptoms related to peripheral neuropathy.
Quit Your Habit Of Cigarette/Tobacco Smoking: Cigarette or tobacco smoking affects blood circulation in humans, because of which blood vessels become narrow and allow passage of oxygenated blood from it. Without appropriate blood circulation, you experience an increase in pain and numbness from the peripheral neuropathy. On the other side, you will improve the symptoms related to your condition by eliminating your smoking habits.
Physical Exercise: Physical exercise on a regular basis helps you combating your pain and bringing improvement in your health. When you stay active, you expect to reduce your blood glucose and in turn, reduces or prevents your nerve damage. Exercise increases the flow of blood to your legs and arms, while simultaneously reduce your stress. Each of these factors helps in reducing pain and discomfort.
Warm Bath: Taking a warm bath gives you a soothing experience and alleviates the symptoms of pain caused due to peripheral neuropathy. Warm water boosts blood circulation throughout your body and in turn, reduces the symptoms of pain due to numbness. In case your sensory nerves affect due to peripheral neuropathy, you should not use too hot water for a bath.
Use of Cayenne Pepper: Cayenne pepper contains a special ingredient in hot peppers i.e. capsaicin, which makes the product spicy. Capsaicin is useful in topical creams because of its ability to relieve pain. In addition, cayenne pepper containing capsaicin reduces the intensity of sent pain signals into your body. Indeed, you will expect to reduce your pain related to neuropathy by simply including cayenne pepper in your daily diet or simply have suitable capsaicin supplement.
Apply Essential Oils: A few of the essential oils, such as Roman lavender and chamomile help in increasing blood circulation in your body. Even they come with anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties to boost in the healing process. Other than this, you should add a few drops of olive oil i.e. a type of diluted essential oil to the affected area in your body. This step lets you reducing your tingling and stinging pains from the problem of peripheral neuropathy.
Acupuncture Techniques: Acupuncture techniques promote the natural healing process in peripheral neuropathy patients by simply stimulating the pressure points in their body. The technique mainly triggers one’s nervous system to release chemicals, which change the threshold or intensity of pain. Acupuncture also provides energy balance to an individual’s body, which affects his/her emotional well-being.(2)
- Can Peripheral Neuropathy Go Away On Its Own?
- Best Exercises/Activities For Peripheral Neuropathy
- Home Remedies For Peripheral Neuropathy
- How Long Will It Take To Recover From Peripheral Neuropathy & How Long Does The Symptoms Last?
- Is There A Surgery For Peripheral Neuropathy?
- What Are The Ways To Prevent Peripheral Neuropathy & Does It Reoccur?
- How Common Is Peripheral Neuropathy or Is It A Rare Disease?