New Beauty Secret – Calcium Bentonite Clay
Never heard of healing clay before? Then you are at right place, you will get all the information about the new beauty secret – calcium bentonite clay, which is taking off as a wellness trend among people.
New Beauty Secret – Calcium Bentonite Clay
Bentonite clay, a healing clay that consists of aged volcanic ash that has settled on the earth over the course of hundreds to thousands of years, which allows a variety of earth’s nutrients to be absorbed. The name “bentonite” comes from the largest known deposit of bentonite clay located in Fort Benton, Montana. It has a unique composition and is also known as Montmorillonite clay. It is an odorless grey/ cream color clay with very fine consistency. There are different kinds of bentonite clay which are named after their respective dominant elements, such as Sodium, Calcium, Potassium and Aluminum. Calcium Bentonite clay consists of minerals including Calcium (Ca), Sodium (Na), Magnesium (Mg), Silica and trace amounts of a number of other minerals.
Calcium bentonite clay has many benefits both internally and externally. Due to negatively charged molecules and binding property of bentonite clay, it absorbs and removes most toxins, heavy metals, impurities, and chemicals which have positively charged molecules. It is a popularly used ingredient in detox and cleansing products and calcium bentonite clay is now being considered as a new beauty secret.
Now that you know what bentonite clay is, let’s find out what is its benefits and what makes it one of the most discussed new beauty secret. It is one of the popular ingredients in a variety of commercial beauty and skincare products.
Why Should You Apply Calcium Bentonite Clay On Your Skin?
Why is calcium bentonite clay thought to be a new beauty secret? What are the reasons for which you should consider applying it on your skin? Let us understand some of the most important reasons and benefits for using it.
- Skin pores become clogged at some point, irrespective of your skin type (oily or not). Shrinking the size of your pores can help to keep face fresh and clean. The best way to make pores smaller is to unclog them. It unclogs and shrinks the skin pores.
- Bentonite clay has a very strong negative charge and good binding property. Therefore, when it comes in contact with toxins, impurities, heavy metals, and chemicals, can absorb and remove them and will release its mineral for body use.
- It helps in the circulation by pulling hydrogen from cells and allowing space (room) for oxygen. This improves circulation and tones the skin, thus making calcium bentonite clay, a new beauty secret that most people want.
- Bentonite clay is loaded with silica which is the most abundant mineral in earth’s crust. It strengthens connective tissue including ligaments, tendons, muscles, cartilage etc. and makes skin super soft. This is one of the most important reasons that calcium bentonite clay is considered as a new beauty secret, which offers beauty with real nourishment to the tissues.
- It removes the dead cells and extracts the extra oils and impurities from the skin surface. This helps in nourishing the skin.
- It can be used to regenerate damaged skin tissue and rejuvenate skin naturally reducing fine lines and wrinkles while fighting infection.
Acne is due to the abnormal shedding of dead skin cells, too much oil on the skin, sebum and bacteria. Blackheads or whiteheads are formed due to excess of sebum, which causes blockage of a hair follicle on the skin. Calcium bentonite clay helps to control over production of sebum, making it a wonderful new beauty secret for treating acne. Bentonite clay is very effective, beneficial and safe for all skin types such as oily, normal, acne-prone skin. It helps in nourishing, toning and detoxifies your skin.
How to Use Calcium Bentonite Clay on Skin?
Here are some of the commonest ways to use calcium bentonite clay on skin.
Natural Face Mask-
Make a paste by adding water and lime juice in clay powder. Apply over the face and neck region and leave it on until you feel the face tighten slightly as the mask dries. Rinse with warm water. Repeat this twice a week. For glow apply the mask regularly. A person can massage the face with this paste
The face mask is only for the face and neck region, but you can use calcium bentonite clay for the body too. Add about ¼ cup healing clay to your water for a bath. It draws out toxins from the skin.
To detox, your armpit, Take bentonite clay as required and apply it with apple cider vinegar.
For Sensitive Skin - Deodorant
Deodorant can be directly applied on the skin, which without causing irritation eliminates body odor.
Used as Anti-Itch Cream And It Soothes Burns And Cuts
Anyone can apply paste (clay powder + water) on skin problems like skin itching, cuts, insect bites and burns.
As calcium bentonite clay can be used in such variety of ways, it is indeed a new beauty secret to keep your skin healthy and glowing.
Benefits of Calcium Bentonite Clay on Oral Health
Beauty enhances when you have sparkling white teeth. You can use calcium bentonite clay for oral health too – to add to your beauty secret. As you know, clay has the ability to bind to heavy metals and toxins. To whiten and remineralize teeth, anyone can use bentonite tooth powder (can be used alone for brushing) or toxin-removing mouth rinse (clay powder + water).
Benefits of Calcium Bentonite Clay on Haircare:
For soft, shiny and strong hair, mix water or apple cider vinegar with 2-3 tablespoon of clay powder. Apply the paste to hair. Leave it for 5-7 mins and then rinse thoroughly with warm water. Avoid drying. You can use it as shampoo, conditioner or hair treatment, again an important part of your beauty treatment.
Health Benefits of Calcium Bentonite Clay
Beautiful flawless soft skin, youthful radiance, strong hair and nail are a reflection of our internal state (inner state). It gives us a sense of healthy internal organs as it detoxifies the inner toxins and make organs “The Happy Organs”.
Following are the health benefits of calcium bentonite clay, in addition to being a new beauty secret.
- Increase Digestion: It can be used to obtain relief from gas, constipation and bloating. Calcium bentonite clay can be used for the treatment of dysentery and food poisoning and it helps to promote digestion. Oral calcium bentonite clay supplements can be used for irritable bowel syndrome patients also. It helps to clean the gut by removing toxins, heavy metals and digestive-distress causing chemicals. Mix full glass of water in 1-2 teaspoons of clay powder. Let it soak for 30 mins and then drink. Calcium bentonite clay is indeed a new beauty secret as it helps in detoxifying the colon, which itself is an important step towards healthy, glowing skin.
- Prevent Vomiting and Nausea: It benefits pets as well and is safe for their consumption. Mix ¼ cup clay powder in water until it dissolves. It helps to reduce vomiting, nausea. It is tasteless yet effective.
- Promote Weight Loss: Calcium bentonite clay may promote weight loss. It is a natural detox drink and hence can be a considered as new beauty secret that can help you lose weight, when clubbed with a healthy diet. But it depends on person to person. Anyone can try once to see its effect and see a boost in your metabolism. It also helps in thyroid function as calcium bentonite clay helps in absorption of thyroid hormones (scientifically proven study).
- Boosts Immunity: This clay also boosts immunity by fighting, killing and removing harmful bacteria and viruses. With a cleansed gut, your immune function is better and so is your metabolism.
- Fights Cancer: According to lab study, calcium bentonite clay stopped the growth of cell line – U251 ( central nervous cancer called glioblastoma) and caused cell death of caco-2-cell (colorectal cancer line).
Precautions When Using Calcium Bentonite Clay
- While it is true that calcium bentonite clay has several health benefits and it is a new beauty secret, you must be careful while using it. Here are some of the important precautions you must take when using calcium bentonite clay.
- Use a clean glass jar. Do not use metal or let bentonite clay come in contact with anything metal, as this will reduce its effectiveness as it absorbs and removes heavy metals.
- If you take internally, for best results do not take within an hour of food or within 2 hours of medication or supplements. Don’t consume for more than 4 weeks in a row.
- Before applying clay on the face, please do a patch test on a small or hidden area of skin to check allergic reactions.
- If you are suffering from any medical condition, then consult your doctor, before consuming bentonite clay.
Bentonite clay is completely safe and effective for body care, beauty and consumption products. It is naturally obtained from aged volcanic ash and is loaded with minerals such as sodium, magnesium, potassium, silica and other essential minerals, which are important for our body. Calcium bentonite clay has multi-purpose benefits both internally and externally. This is a natural new beauty secret for your health and wellness. However, for any specific medical concerns or for skin problems, it is worth seeking medical advice before using calcium bentonite clay.