Hodgkin’s lymphoma is a blood cancer. It is a cancer of the lymphatic system. It develops in the lymphocytes, which are a type of white blood cells. It is one of the most common cancers of the lymphatic system.
Are There Any Natural Remedies For Hodgkin’s Lymphoma?
Well, there is no cure for Hodgkin’s lymphoma. However, it can be managed, controlled and brought into remission with the help of early diagnosis and efficient treatment. Some natural remedies can be tried out, as a supportive therapy for the treatment of Hodgkin’s lymphoma. However, these natural remedies cannot be replaced by medical treatment and procedures. They can only act as supportive therapies for Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
There is a lot of evidence to link some foods with possible benefits in cancer. However, one has to be careful while undergoing any changes in the diet.
There are many claims related to certain foods that they are the sure natural remedies for cancer. However, it is not completely true, and while they are not effective in curing the disease, they are quite effective in boosting the health by providing certain phytochemicals which are much needed when affected by cancer.
Though many people claim that these foods can cure the lymphoma and should be replaced by medical therapies, it is not completely true. While these foods can boost your general health and provide support in the treatment, they are certainly not to be replaced with any kind of medical treatments and therapies. One must consult an oncologist before making any major changes to the diet.
Hodgkin’s lymphoma is to be treated with other medical treatments and procedures. There is no cure for this disease, but it can be managed and can be sent into remission with the treatment options like chemotherapy and radio therapy. However, these treatments also have many dangerous side effects. Some foods can help the body to combat this issue by minimizing the side effects caused by the treatment methods in Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- Some foods are found to be beneficial in Hodgkin’s lymphoma, foods like apples, grapes, raspberries, cherries and broccoli. These foods are rich in quercetin. Quercetin is a great anti-oxidant, which plays an important role in regulating the immune system. It also helps in reducing the inflammation. It may be having anti-cancer properties as well.
- Other foods like carrots, tomatoes, pumpkin and squashes are also potent anti-oxidants and can be used in Hodgkin’s lymphoma treatment as a supportive treatment.
- Broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, cabbage etc. are a group of cruciferous vegetables. These are also rich in anti-oxidants and are known to possess anti-cancer properties.
- Certain other contents like glutamine are also effective in the supportive treatment of Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- Licorice is of immense benefit when it comes to the natural remedies. It contains many steroid-like compounds, which can help in gaining back the lost weight.
- Parsley can slow down the growth of lymphoma by controlling the growth factors responsible for the spread in cancer.
- Omega- 3 fatty acids are important when it comes to the inclusion of anti-oxidants in the diet for cancer fighting properties.
- Some studies show that iodine is particularly of use when it comes to the treatment of cancers like Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Hence many studies recommend upping the intake of iodine while suffering from cancer. Foods like yogurt, beans, cheese and potatoes can help you boost the intake of iodine.
- Green tea contains anti-cancer and anti-tumor agents like catechins. It helps a lot to sip some green tea regularly in cancer.
These natural remedies may be quite effective in Hodgkin’s lymphoma according to some studies. However, Hodgkin’s lymphoma is a highly invasive type of cancer. It may spread far if proper treatment is not carried out on time. Hence, while one can support the treatment with these remedies, they cannot be a substitute for proper medical treatment.
- Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Vs Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma: Differences Worth Knowing
- How Bad Is Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Cancer?
- Is Hodgkin’s Lymphoma A Blood Cancer?
- What Are The Lifestyle Changes For Hodgkin’s Lymphoma?
- Can A Blood Test Detect Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma?
- Is Stage 4 Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Curable?
- What Is The Best Treatment For Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma?