When you are experiencing irritable bowel syndrome, you need to find out the best drinks that will not make your symptoms worse or cause any type of GI distress.
Best Beverages to Drink for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Fruit based juices, vegetable juices; ginger drinks and diary free milk are the best beverages to drink for irritable bowel syndrome.
- Fresh and natural fruit juices are best for irritable bowel syndrome. Fruit juices can be taken safely in most cases of irritable bowel syndrome. It includes juices made from grapes, lemons, grapefruits, bananas, cranberries etc… However, you need to strictly avoid any juice that contains corn syrup. It is best to consume freshly prepared juices without any added sugar or preservatives. You can add some sweeteners or white sugar if you want to make it sweeter.
- Drinks made from vegetables can also best for irritable bowel syndrome. You can safely drink beverages made from all those vegetables that are low in FODMAPs. You can make juice out of any of the following vegetables according to your taste: chives, celery, carrots, ginger, cucumber, broccoli, celery, chives, spinach, pumpkin, parsley, tomatoes, zucchini, squash, taro. Eggplant is particular is not suitable for everyone and may cause discomfort in few cases of irritable bowel syndrome. Thus, make sure that eggplant is suitable for you.
- Ginger drinks are also good for irritable bowel syndrome. Various types of beverages or drinks prepared from ginger including beers, teas, and punches can be consumed safely by irritable bowel syndrome patients. However, you must make sure that they do not contain corn syrup or any sweeteners that are listed high on FODMAP list.
- Dairy-free milk is another good beverage drink for irritable bowel syndrome. There are various types of milk that are not derived from cow or buffaloes. They are termed as lactose-free milk. They are listed low in FODMAPs and are thus safe for irritable bowel syndrome patients. Some of the examples are oat milk, soy milk and rice milk.
You would need to take note of what you drink and how your body reacts to it. This is the best way to find out the best beverages that are suitable in your case. There can be some beverages or drinks that are usually safe but may not suit you. Similarly, there can be some drinks that are not recommended but may do well in your case. Basically, you will need to test everything out to decide what is best for you.
Other Best Drinks for Irritable Bowel Syndrome is Herbal Based Tea
Herbal tea is considered to be safe beverage for irritable bowel syndrome patients. It is helpful in managing the common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome such as abdominal pain, bloating, gas, constipation and other gastrointestinal disorders. However, you must avoid any tea that contains caffeine as it can trigger many symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. All other types of teas that do not contain caffeine help in relaxing your digestive muscles. They are one of the best substitutes for conventional medicines for managing the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. For more help, you must seek advice from your medical care provider.
- Chamomile Tea is one of the best drinks for irritable bowel syndrome. Chamomile tea is helpful in reducing the cramps and pain in stomach. German chamomile is well known for its ability to cure various types of digestive disorders. It is recommended that your drink three to four cups of chamomile tea in a day to manage symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Peppermint Tea is yet another good herbal beverage for irritable bowel syndrome. Peppermint is known for its anti-spasmodic and mild-anesthetic properties. Peppermint tea is very helpful in managing the gastrointestinal symptoms especially in those cases of irritable bowel syndrome that are accompanied by diarrhea. It can be taken in the form of peppermint oil supplements or in the form of peppermint tea prepared from the peppermint leaves. Consuming 4-5 cups of peppermint tea between meals each day will help in easing out the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Another best drink for irritable bowel syndrome is Fennel Tea. Fennel, or Foeniculum vulgare is found to be very effective in getting rid of the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. You can consume the fennel seeds in the form of fennel tea prepared by brewing the seeds. They have a peculiar property of preventing the gas formation in stomach.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): Classification and Types, Pathophysiology, Etiology, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Signs, Treatment, Investigations
- What Can You Eat If You Have IBS?
- Disability Benefits For Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Is Irritable Bowel Syndrome Dangerous?
- Can Irritable Bowel Syndrome Cause Lower Back Pain|Treatment for IBS Induced Lower Back Pain
- What to Take for Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
- Is Green Tea Good for Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
- Is Fiber Good for Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
- Are Apples Good for Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
- Is Alcohol Bad for Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
- How Do You Get Rid of Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
- Is There a Cure for Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
- Can Irritable Bowel Syndrome Come and Go?|What Does Low FODMAP Diet for Irritable Bowel Syndrome Involve?
- Is Irritable Bowel Syndrome Lifelong & How to Cope With it?
- Do Probiotics Help Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
- Are Avocados Good for Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
- How Long Does Irritable Bowel Syndrome Symptoms Last?