Lichen nitidus is a rare dermatitis of unknown etiology, benign, with spontaneous resolution in months to years. It is characterized by small papules, 1 to 2 mm each, normal skin color, smooth and shiny surface, usually asymptomatic and compromise flexor region of elbows, genitals, and trunk. Its generalized form is rare in children. Histology is characteristic, differentiating it from other types of lichen. There is no treatment that achieves the remission of the lesions successfully.
What Are The Home Remedies For Lichen Nitidus?
There are some useful home remedies that work either for lichen nitidus or lichen planus (two similar entities):
To reduce the symptoms and the prompt disappearance of the disease, it is necessary to consider the diet; it should be as healthy as possible, eradicating refined sugars, fats of animal origin and junk foods or processed foods. You have to increase the daily intake of vegetable juices and fresh fruits. Taking the juice of a lemon diluted in half a glass of warm water on an empty stomach, or taking a clove of raw garlic, are excellent remedies for the body to be purified and the symptoms are weakened to the maximum, they even accelerate the disappearance of the disease since both garlic and lemon are excellent bactericides and have innumerable medicinal properties.
In the case of oral lichen planus, swishes can be made with drinking water with lemon to reduce symptoms. It is necessary to maintain a good oral hygiene, flossing at least once a day and gently wash gums, inner cheeks and tongue, and make once a day swishes with a pinch of bicarbonate diluted in half a glass of water.
To alleviate itching, you can apply powder of broad beans on the affected area, or apply crushed garlic or tea compresses of chamomile or mint. It is necessary to avoid scratching, to tap on the affected lichen nitidus area in case the itching is very intense.
Avoid taking medications, corticosteroids and other drugs, these only affect the ability of the body to heal itself, irritate and force it to respond in aggressive ways, there is nothing better than giving the opportunity to nature and using the home remedies that are certainly slower, but undoubtedly, in the long run, they are exceptionally unbeatable, help the defense system is strengthened.
Take fresh apple juice at night or goji berries, at least 2 glasses, without mixing with food, as last food and half an hour before sleep. This remedy is extraordinarily good. If you do not have fresh apple juice at hand, eat the apples whole or the berries as if they were grapes. These two fruits are excellent for remedying skin conditions. Follow this remedy daily.
- Aloe vera juice is also highly recommended. It can be taken with food instead of water or in the afternoon.
- Apply tepezcohuite ointment in the affected areas or Aloe vera gel (try to take of good quality and 100% natural). Bind up the affected area when you finish applying the ointments in case the lichen nitidus itching is too much.
- Take a glass of fresh carrot juice a day, vitamin A will help the effective and proper healing of skin lesions.
- Try to take with meals and whenever you can raw onion, which is excellent to help remedy lichen nitidus condition.
- Drink enough water and avoid using too much salt at meals.
- Apply green tea compresses on the affected lichen nitidus area.
- Try not to expose yourself to the sun too long, especially the affected areas of lichen nitidus.
- If you have the opportunity, bathe with sea water.
- Practice meditation, yoga, hydrotherapy or tai chi, etc., or an alternative that helps you channel emotions and makes you feel relaxed, calm and at peace.
The aforementioned home remedies can be useful in order to relieve the symptoms caused by this lichen nitidus. However, you must keep in mind that there is not an effective treatment, or a cure, doctors usually prescribe medications only in case of severe lesions or when they are symptomatic. Lichen nitidus is usually a self-limited process.
- Lichen Planus: Causes, Risk Factors, Signs, Symptoms, Investigations, Treatment
- Lichen Sclerosus (LS): Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Investigations, Treatment
- Pityriasis Lichenoides: Causes, Risk Factors, Signs, Symptoms, Investigations, Treatment
- Neurodermatitis or Lichen Simplex Chronicus: Causes, Risk Factors, Investigations, Treatment, Home Remedies & Prevention
- 8 Natural Treatment For Lichen Simplex Chronicus
- Is Pityriasis Lichenoides Chronica Contagious, Know its Causes, Symptoms, Stages, Treatment, Complications