How to Detox Your Body Naturally at Home?
Our body is exposed to several chemical and biochemical toxins present in the food we take, water we drink and environment we live that are laden with heavy metals and chemicals. With more of toxic accumulation in the body, there arise some symptoms like fatigue, headaches, and fluctuations in weight, body odor, skin rashes, acne, hormonal disruption, congestion, and trouble with digestion, muscle aches, bad breath and also some inflammatory conditions like arthritis.
Though our body has an ability to naturally remove these loaded toxins so as to avoid health issues; but one can prefer taking certain natural remedies along with the diet and lifestyle changes so as to improve this natural detoxification mechanism.
How to Detox Your Body Naturally at Home?
Natural Food and Drinks That Help Detox Your Body at Home:
The most common way to detoxify your body naturally at home is by taking green smoothies. It aids the body to get rid of harmful toxins, providing a wealth of vitamins, minerals and several phytonutrients.
Green vegetables containing chlorophyll; are to be included in the green smoothies which aids in detoxification and getting rid of heavy metals like those found in pesticides and industrial pollutants. You need to start your day with this green smoothie so as to provide energy and boost metabolism.
Follow the below mentioned steps to know about how to prepare your green smoothie.
- Put one cup of coarsely chopped kale, one green apply that too coarsely chopped, one ripe banana and one and half cup of fresh parsley leaves in the blender.
- Blend the ingredients along with 2 and half cups of water
- Begin by drinking one cup of this smoothie regularly. Gradually you can increase the dosage to 3-4 cups in a day for at least 3 weeks to detoxify your body.
Green tea is also an effective natural drink that can help detoxify your body naturally at home. Green tea is rich in antioxidants and this makes it helpful for detoxifying free radicals. It contains EGCG or Epigallocatechin-3-gallate, a potent antioxidant that may aid in protecting the liver from toxic damage.
You need to drink 2-3 cups of green tea on a regular basis. Even you can take the green tea extract, 100 to 750 mg per day
One more drink to take for detoxifying your body naturally at home is raw fruit and vegetable juices. You can take apples, grapefruits, oranges, carrots, spinach, cucumbers, blueberries, beets, lettuce etc to make the raw juices and drink on a daily basis so as to benefit your body by nourishing it and by removing harmful toxins.
These juices are helpful in removing toxins from the body because of the presence of Chlorophyll pigment which are crucial in removing cancer-related toxins. Apart from this, as they are loaded with nutrients, fresh juices also provide a boost to the immune system of the body.
You can just take a glass of raw fruit and vegetable juice, 2-3 times in a day. For better absorption of the nutrients, drink your prepared juice slowly rather than gulping it down quickly.
Turmeric is very well known for its medicinal and healing properties. It also works wonderfully in detoxifying our liver, purifying the blood and is also known to be beneficial for lung and colon health too. Apart from all these, turmeric is also anti-inflammatory, and has antioxidant and anti-cancerous properties in it.
You can use turmeric in the following ways to detox your body naturally at home.
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder, juice taken from one lemon, a pinch of cayenne pepper and a little amount of honey to one cup of warm water and drink it two times in a day for couple of weeks
- You can also boil 2 cups of water, add one-half teaspoon of turmeric powder and one-half teaspoon of dry ginger powder and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Strain the tea and add juice from half a lemon and add one tablespoon of pure maple syrup. Drink this twice on a regular basis for few weeks.
Dandelion Root to Detox Your Body Naturally:
Dandelion root tea is also known to be beneficial in detoxification, because of its liver-detoxifying and diuretic properties. Apart from this, it also aids in cleansing of the kidneys and bladder and relieves various problems like upset stomach, water retention and constipation.
- Boil 2 teaspoons of dried dandelion root in a cup of water
- Turn off the heat, cover the container and then let it steep for at least 10 minutes.
- Drink this tea two times regularly for few days or weeks.
Make sure you consult with your doctor before using this herb, in case you have gall bladder or gallstones.
Lemon to Detox Your Body Naturally at Home:
One finest detoxifier is lemon juice. It also works as a powerful alkalizer. Apart from this, lemon juice also stimulates the bile production in liver and enhances mineral intake as well as mineral absorption in the body. It is also known for its antioxidant properties and rich amount of Vitamin C content which aids in enhancing the functioning of immune system of the body. Lemons, especially their peels contain d-limonene, a compound which has been found to activate enzymes in the liver that aid in removing toxic compounds.
You can try the following ways to use lemon for detoxifying your body naturally at home.
- Drink one cup of warm water mixed with the juice of one lemon for two times in a day for several days
- You can also mix one-half cup of lemon juice, one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of cayenne pepper in a cup of hot water and drink it regularly for few weeks.
One more remedy to detox your body naturally at home could be licorice root. Apart from its wonderful property of detoxifying the body, it also contains anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-allergic, expectorant and immune system enhancing properties.
You can make use of licorice root by following ways.
- You can simple prepare licorice root tea and drink it regularly for few days
- You can add one tablespoon of crushed licorice root and one teaspoon of ground ginger to one and one-half cups of boiling water. Let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes and finally strain the solution, stir in one teaspoon of lemon juice and drink it once regularly.
NOTE: Do not take excess of licorice root as it may cause unwanted side effects like increasing blood pressure, sodium retention etc.
Stinging nettles to detox your body naturally at home:
One more herb that works as a great remedy to detoxify your body naturally at home is stinging nettle. It aids in detoxifying the blood. It also works as a diuretic, encourages the elimination of inflammatory wastes, and stimulates the body's lymphatic system. Stinging nettle is also packed with potassium, iron, chlorophyll, Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C and Vitamin D.
You can use this herb in the following ways.
- Boil one cup of water and put a teaspoon of dried nettle leaves in to it.
- Cover it and allow it to steep for 10 minutes.
- Drink this tea, 2-3 times in a day for several days.
Natural Procedures to Detox Your Body at Home:
Here, we will talk about some of the natural procedures you can adopt in your daily life, at least for several days, so as to detox your body naturally at home.
Oil pulling is a simple and easy therapy that aids as a great natural detox for the deep tissues in the body. Due to the antimicrobial effects of the oil, this therapy also helps in fighting against problems like toothache, bad breath, several gum diseases etc.
You need to follow the below mentioned steps in the early morning in empty stomach.
- Swish 1 tablespoon of seasame oil or sunflower oil in your mouth like a mouthwash for about 15 to 20 minutes, until the oil becomes thinner.
- Spit it out and then after rinse your mouth with clean water
- Repeat this at least for 15-30 days and see better results.
NOTE: Make a note not to gargle or swallow the oil.
One more therapy to detox your body naturally could be acupuncture. It is a part of holistic medicine that may not only help heal some of your health issues naturally but also aid you in cleansing any blockages of toxins in the body.
It is essential for you to visit an expert and licensed acupuncturist.
Epsom salt baths are known to help in detoxifying the body naturally. It actually increases the magnesium level in the body, which is essential for detoxifying cells. Apart from this, it also aids in detoxifying metals from the body. Epsom salt baths also aids in soothing body aches and pains.
Follow the below mentioned steps
- Mix one or two cups of Epsom salt in a bathtub, filled with warm water
- Then soak in it for about 15 minutes
- Go for this bath for three times in a week.
NOTE: Keep a note, the Epsom salt baths are not usually recommended for those suffering from high blood pressure and heart issues.
Lifestyle Changes and Various Other Means to Detoxify Your Body Naturally at Home:
Below are some of the lifestyle changes and some other ways to detoxify your body naturally at home.
Prefer Taking Organic Foods When Possible:
Prefer taking organic foods like apples, strawberries, tomatoes etc whenever possible and it is even better if you eat the fruits and vegetables with their peels. Choosing right organic foods can help you keep away from the toxins that can harm your body.
Drink More Water:
Drinking more water in a day can aid you wonderfully in detoxifying your body naturally at home in an easier and simpler manner. Water aids in flushing out our system naturally and contributes to clearer skin, proper functioning of the organs and increasing the effectiveness of circulatory, respiratory and digestive system.
Exercise and Sweat It Out:
Exercising is an essential part of a real healthy lifestyle and it helps in various ways. Exercise can also help you in naturally detoxifying your body in a great manner. The perspiration, the breathing and the movement that happen when exercising aids your body to achieve fitness as well as help in getting rid of the bad, and potentially harmful substances that might have built up over time.
Learn to Manage Stress at Your Best:
It is well known that stress does not do any good to your body, but only causes harm. It is essential for you to know various ways to manage stress at your best. So, if you can manage your stress well, you can naturally cleanse your body at home.
Prefer Home Remedies For Illnesses, Whenever Possible:
It is very true that medicines and antibiotics help in reducing illnesses and getting us healthy; however if possible in case of mild illnesses, go for natural home remedies which not only help you in fighting against the illness but also help in detoxifying your body naturally
Eliminate Caffeine, Tobacco, Alcohol, Processed Foods etc:
One of the best ways to detoxify your body naturally at home can be meditation. This is good for your mental health as well as aids you in providing exceptional benefits for the entire body.
We talked about some herbs, some diets and some lifestyle changes and other remedies to detoxify your body naturally t home. Kindly keep a note that some herbs and detox remedies may not be suitable for everyone, like for the pregnant or nursing women, people suffering from chronic degenerative diseases like thyroid disorder, diabetes, tuberculosis, cancer etc. So, do consult with your doctor before making use of any of the remedies to detox your body naturally at home.